Diet Club

No way hun, it's only coz I'm rubbish at dieting...I just need to exercise more to loose the lard....or tonnage as I call it. LOL You guys continue to inspire me reading the thread here...brilliant! thank you ...keep going guys!

I'm going to have to kick it up a gear with the exercise and stick to plan. I still need to lose 4 stone.

I know I started this thread over a year ago and then promptly dropped out but I am now back and embarrassed! I feel like an absolute house-end and have gone up a clothes size so I need to do something about this. I would like to lose a stone but have zero commitment, I find calorie counting etc such hard work and will fail at any diet that makes me cook one meal for me and a different one for him.

I am seriously considering the 5:2 diet - has anyone given this a try and had success with it? I figure I can probably cope with 2 days of serious dieting a week better than an every day battle.

I did 5:2 for a while when I started and it did kick things off well. Only thing is my OCD made me count the calories on non fast days so I decided to just calorie count instead.

I did 5:2 for a while when I started and it did kick things off well. Only thing is my OCD made me count the calories on non fast days so I decided to just calorie count instead.
I have calorie counted in the past. It worked really well the first time but the second didn't go too well. I have so many pre-prepared meals (homemade) in the freezer that don't have the calories written on them so it means I have to start cooking every meal from scratch and I just don't have time to do that every day. Therefore it takes a while before I can get properly started.

My Fitness Pal has helped me, I log literally everything I eat. I would use up all the stuff you have already first and maybe work out the calories for meals that you make in future. For 5:2 you would still need to count the calories on fast days.

Had a maintain - happy with that as I usually gain after nights. ;)
I know how you feel mate. I used to work five full 12 hour shifts a night but wasn't eating properly and my body clock was everywhere! Has stabilised much more since only doing 4 nights a week. 5 stone in a year is an amazing achievement Boss, I'll bet your wife is very proud of what you have achieved so far. Keep it up me mon! :tu:

My Fitness Pal has helped me, I log literally everything I eat. I would use up all the stuff you have already first and maybe work out the calories for meals that you make in future. For 5:2 you would still need to count the calories on fast days.
I would agree - my fitness pal is really great. My problem is that I have at least 1.5-2months of meals in the freezer. I eat those on work days as I do 12 hour shifts (3-4 a week) then cook from fresh the rest of the time so it would be manageable to calorie count on two of those days when I am off work.

All I can do is give it a go and see what happens. I just have to try to figure out what are good things to eat on fast days - filling but not too calorific.

We are all in it together!

Well It's caught up with me! I've put on 3 and a half pounds this week! :(

Hopefully. I have been mega bad this week, ate burgers for tea each night, my weight in beef lol. I am really bad when I get the craving for one food and one food only.

I am in the same situation as you. I have not lost any weight this year at all and we are in march now!

I'm in a good food place at the moment! It's Liam's birthday today, he decided that he wanted to order pizza. I decided what I wanted but was thinking about it all day and decided that actually, I really didn't want pizza. So he ordered his pizza and associated bits, and I had what I really wanted - halloumi salad! It had the same calories as a personal veggie pizza, but was much more filling and I enjoyed it more!

Back