Diet Club

But still I have decided to start eating healthy now🤔 I ate junk food everyday last year but sine jan 1st I ate it only once 🎉

I’ll be re-joining this thread on Monday.

I’ve got a posh afternoon tea booked for today (left over from end of last year) so there was no point starting any weight loss plan before this weekend. We have almost eradicated the last of the Christmas treats and the boys go back to Uni this weekend /next week so we can send the last of the goodies back with Son2. With 7 other people to share in his house they should get through any surplus quite quickly. Son1 lives at home but once he’s back at Uni, too, it makes regular meal planning much easier from my point of view.

It sounds as if lots of you are doing really well!

I've started a diet, but never been great at eating small amounts, so want to add in exercise too. Also not great at exercising XD

Any tips for turning the idea of exercise into action?

Any tips for turning the idea of exercise into action?
Start by walking short distances and slowly increase it. If you take the bus, walk to the next bus stop. If you drive, park in the furthest space away from where you want to go and walk it. Get on your bike and cycle. Take the stairs instead of the lift. Set yourself targets like walking for 15 minutes 3 times a week for 4 weeks. Then walk 15 minutes 5 times a week for another 4 weeks slowly increasing to half an hour 3-5 times a week.

Start by walking short distances and slowly increase it. If you take the bus, walk to the next bus stop. If you drive, park in the furthest space away from where you want to go and walk it. Get on your bike and cycle. Take the stairs instead of the lift. Set yourself targets like walking for 15 minutes 3 times a week for 4 weeks. Then walk 15 minutes 5 times a week for another 4 weeks slowly increasing to half an hour 3-5 times a week.
That an excellent schedule thanks! It starts off so light that even an exercise avoider like me would do it, and ends up with the recommended 150 minutes a week. I do like a good schedule 😊

My slimming world group reopens on Thursday, can't wait to get back, I have put a shed load of weight on during this pandemic! 😥

I’ve put on and I know because my work trousers are tight when I button them up...in fact when I put them on 😬 weighed myself yesterday, not good. I’ve been trying and intermittent fasting of sorts and only having a coffee (with milk) till a little later. I’m also trying to cut down on late night eating and junk/sweet stuff. We shall see how it goes.

Back