Chat Thread.

I wish that wasn't the way it has to be, @jenniferanneharris , but I have to believe that you are likely right. Everyone is so different and it's a new hole they leave gaping open when they leave us, so why shouldn't it be just as difficult. I didn't like having to "rationalize" why I was so upset when Waddles died in January to people who didn't understand. I am so glad I found this forum where everyone is so compassionate and understanding. Reading the Rainbow Bridge just makes me thankful that I'm not in that immediate place right now, but it sure reminds me that I could be there with little notice, sadly. I just wish all the pain could go away but there always seems to be someone grieving a recent loss. Makes me wonder just how many piggies are being loved on this site!
Agreed.I miss all my past animals, Dog, Cats, Rabbits, Rats and Piggies. There have been alot, but i loved them all so much and grieved for them all. Its so nice to have people on this forum who understand, especially when times are hard.

Sorry Gigi, I cant see the pic of Marble. Poor love so sorry you lost her to MRSA. Didn't know piggies could catch it...so sad :(
Edited. I can see her now. She was so beautiful <3 so sorry Gigi.

I love fiesty and full-spirited pigs. I'm not sure what happens when they come live with us... they seem to get so calm! Like today for example, we put Mr. Lily in the middle of the room and HE JUST SAT THERE. For, like, ten minutes! My daughter went out to get the mail and when she came back, he was in the EXACT same spot! What's with that? He could have gotten into all knooks and crannies, but he just sat there. Weird, I tell you. Weird.

I love fiesty and full-spirited pigs. I'm not sure what happens when they come live with us... they seem to get so calm! Like today for example, we put Mr. Lily in the middle of the room and HE JUST SAT THERE. For, like, ten minutes! My daughter went out to get the mail and when she came back, he was in the EXACT same spot! What's with that? He could have gotten into all knooks and crannies, but he just sat there. Weird, I tell you. Weird.
What a little sweetheart!

She was only two. It's so unfair.
:( Its horrible when any of them die,...but when they are young it dose seem even more heartbreaking. I have a bunny who died aged 6 months old, Frodo, his death still haunts me as he was so young and just the sweetest thing. So unfair. :(

Dazed and confused is more like it! I should have taken a picture. Normally, when we put our piggies on the floor, they just slowly make their way back to their box and hop back in. It's like they don't want to be out. They'll hop in, but NEVER hop out - unless I'm cleaning their box, then sometimes Mr. Lily will hop out, circle once around the box and hop back in again.

I'm not sure they are normal.

Dazed and confused is more like it! I should have taken a picture. Normally, when we put our piggies on the floor, they just slowly make their way back to their box and hop back in. It's like they don't want to be out. They'll hop in, but NEVER hop out - unless I'm cleaning their box, then sometimes Mr. Lily will hop out, circle once around the box and hop back in again.

That sounds so cute!

:( Its horrible when any of them die,...but when they are young it dose seem even more heartbreaking. I have a bunny who died aged 6 months old, Frodo, his death still haunts me as he was so young and just the sweetest thing. So unfair. :(
Yes, that's true. It's harder to justify when they haven't had a long time to do all the things piggies should get to do in a life time. When we got Waddles, we were told he was four or five years old. We had him over 1.5 years, so I guess he had a "good life". Not that it makes it any easier to say goodbye, but at least I know he got to run in the clover and eat lots of carrots while he was with us :)

Aw bless :P

Yes am awake hun x Hows you? x

I'm good thank you! Apart from my back and hips killing, went to a gig this evening :( I'm freezing and in pain now! But was worst it!
How are you?! How was your evening!?

@MariaLovesPiggies yaaaay I'm glad there's still people awake! Thought I'd be the only one. Should have known better! There are always night owls!

I'm good thank you! Apart from my back and hips killing, went to a gig this evening :( I'm freezing and in pain now! But was worst it!
How are you?! How was your evening!?

@MariaLovesPiggies yaaaay I'm glad there's still people awake! Thought I'd be the only one. Should have known better! There are always night owls!
Oh no bless you. :( Hope you feel better soon, your poor hips/ back. Is your mum home to help you getting in/ out of bed. I dont want you stuck like last time bless you x
My evening has been good, just spring cleaning and watching eastenders lol :P x

Reactions: A&T
Oh no bless you. :( Hope you feel better soon, your poor hips/ back. Is your mum home to help you getting in/ out of bed. I dont want you stuck like last time bless you x
My evening has been good, just spring cleaning and watching eastenders lol :P x

I've got my hot water bottle and painkillers :) hopefully ital get better soon so I can sleep!
Yep mums home but asleep, but I can shout her if I get stuck. We don't close our doors in case I end up being stuck haha. It feels as if it's gunna be one of those nights too!
Haha I quite like spring cleaning, infact I like cleaning, give you a sense of achievement after when everything nice and clean/tidy..er. Tidier I'm sure thats not a word but u know what I mean! Xx

I've got my hot water bottle and painkillers :) hopefully ital get better soon so I can sleep!
Yep mums home but asleep, but I can shout her if I get stuck. We don't close our doors in case I end up being stuck haha. It feels as if it's gunna be one of those nights too!
Haha I quite like spring cleaning, infact I like cleaning, give you a sense of achievement after when everything nice and clean/tidy..er. Tidier I'm sure thats not a word but you know what I mean! Xx
Thats good, hope you have a good night anyway x I love a spring clean, especially if its sorting/ cleaning animal things. Good sense of accomplishment after :)

Thats good, hope you have a good night anyway x I love a spring clean, especially if its sorting/ cleaning animal things. Good sense of accomplishment after :)

Thank you! I've taken some pretty strong painkillers which I can already feel making me drowsy!
Haha yeah! I clear out the top of the outside hutch the other day. Wouldn't believe what rubbish I found in there! Along with around 10 scary spiders! Xx

I want it to warm up here so I can start thinking about spring... not the spring cleaning really, just a little spring would be nice! My piggies haven't seen grass since November. I'm done with winter ... and the cold ... and the snow ... but mostly, the cold.

Reactions: A&T
Back