Chat Thread.

I joined the gym this week - first time! Thought I had an ok level of fitness. had my induction today. The instructor put me on the bicycle for 5 mins and kept shouting for me to go faster, she then put me on the rower for 5 mins ('faster...faster...'), she then made me do as many tricep dips as I could ('more...more...' getting the picture?) - I managed 2 sets of 10, then biceps curls - could only manage 2 sets of 8 (and I had to sit down for the last 2). She then wanted to put me on all these other weights and show me the cross trainer and the exercises for my abs. Failed there - I was too busy hugging the toilet! MORTIFIED! Turns out that just because I'm 37 and a size 10 doesn't meant that I am fit!

@piggyfan I love the Archers, though sometimes the story lines can be upsetting! I listen to a lot of Radio 4.

@AbiS well done for getting to the gym in the first place! Baby steps ;) don't rush it, you can improve on your fitness. I thought I was fit too as I am so active with the dog and ponies, but am hopeless on gym equipment.

I watched Disney's Maleficent last night - I really liked it! I know it got bad reviews at the time it was released but I liked the feminist message and the non-standard ending :)

Cannot wait to get home, after I have done a shop, and sit and play xbox with the radiator next too me.

Flipflop is currently on her holiday and being bonded with some other guinea pig friends so I wont get shouted at tonight for veggies, haha

@Goth Mummy - I went back to the gym today and managed to get through the whole programme without hugging a toilet! Go me!

Also - I watched maleficent on the plane on my way back from holiday and I really enjoyed it - and was oblivious to the feminist message and non standard ending! Lol!

Yay! Well done @AbiS that's great :)
I'm 37 too. And not anywhere near as fit as you.
I have started Christmas shopping :) So feeling very proud of myself, hoping to avoid the annual panic so that I can actually enjoy myself this year. Also I need to spread out the cost!
x

Made an error with hair clippers!

It's been a tough year hair wise:) I had to face facts my hair was thinning so I have gradually been getting it shorter and shorter until it was a grade 1&1/2 all over, it looks okay at this length especially after a week. But this morning I thought I'd give it a quick buzz and forgot to put the guard on.... ooops, this will take some getting used to but it does feel quite liberating at the same time, as a 20 something I used to spend ages on my hair (more than Mrs SB) and have missed it a little but it doesn't half save time now..
I won't shave it completely as I like stubble but I think the buzz look maybe here to stay.

I have been quite paranoid about losing my hair and was dreading buzzing it lower and lower so have accidentally done it shows it wasn't as bad as I thought

It's been a tough year hair wise:) I had to face facts my hair was thinning so I have gradually been getting it shorter and shorter until it was a grade 1&1/2 all over, it looks okay at this length especially after a week. But this morning I thought I'd give it a quick buzz and forgot to put the guard on.... ooops, this will take some getting used to but it does feel quite liberating at the same time, as a 20 something I used to spend ages on my hair (more than Mrs SB) and have missed it a little but it doesn't half save time now..
I won't shave it completely as I like stubble but I think the buzz look maybe here to stay.

I have been quite paranoid about losing my hair and was dreading buzzing it lower and lower so have accidentally done it shows it wasn't as bad as I thought
Pictures please!

Ali's hair has been going for a long time... what's he's got left is grey, He says the £26 quid he spent on clippers is the best value for money ever... :lol!: and as his head is getting bigger & bigger along with the rest of his body, the value for money must be getting better too.. ;)

Lisa x

I can totally understand how sad men feel to lose their hair. Some idiots poke fun at baldness but I actually have never thought being bald makes a man less attractive or look bad. I just think it does not look nice when men have a bald patch and long hair. Being bald is masculine.

I love hats in the winter so it doesn't bother me so much then. It does make me feel old, but I guess 37 is old :))

Nowt wrong with being follicly challenged. ;)

WP_20140712_006.webp

Back