Chat Thread.

Why is it listed on the UK site and in £ if it doesn't ship to the UK? Crazy!

Etsy seems to have been rather hijacked by people buying in cheap stuff and selling it on, rather than the original idea of it being a marketplace for small producers (as I understand it). 😥

I’m sure pheasants are born suicidal given the behaviour I’ve seen over the years.
It’s a pain about the car but at least you weren’t hurt
Last year for our anniversary me and my husband were staying down in Devon in a cabin in the woods. It was amazing. Anyway, there was this awful sound. I couldn’t work out what it was. It was like no other sound I had ever heard. The next morning I asked the owner whatever was it (as I was a tad scared lol). It turns out it was pheasants. They are weird.

Last year for our anniversary me and my husband were staying down in Devon in a cabin in the woods. It was amazing. Anyway, there was this awful sound. I couldn’t work out what it was. It was like no other sound I had ever heard. The next morning I asked the owner whatever was it (as I was a tad scared lol). It turns out it was pheasants. They are weird.
Pheasants in Devon suffer from spring fever. This time of year the M5 is littered with pheasant bodies, mostly male. I think they cross the road to get to the females on the other side!

Anyone had any dealings with big driving lesson companies such as AA, red, pass n go etc? Trying to get organised and wondering if they're worth emailing about lessons.

Trying not to email just anyone as I did that first time round & didn't work out for me.

My old neighbours tried Red and didn't think much of them. Their daughter had 5 "lessons" of the instructor just driving around explaining what they were doing and she never even got behind the wheel! Needless to say, they went with a local Driving School with good reviews.

@Sar , most of the driving schools are set up as a franchise so one bad instructor doesn't mean they are all like that. I'm afraid I have no recommendations because when I passed my test I had a man with a flag walking in front of the car!😁
I learned to drive in the military police, I jumped behind the wheel of a car for the first time on Monday and took my test Thursday afternoon and passed first time. I was full of nerves so my driving instructor took me on a skid pan for an hour beforehand and banished all my nerves. 😁

My old neighbours tried Red and didn't think much of them. Their daughter had 5 "lessons" of the instructor just driving around explaining what they were doing and she never even got behind the wheel! Needless to say, they went with a local Driving School with good reviews.

Think I'd be asleep in passenger seat!

@Sar , most of the driving schools are set up as a franchise so one bad instructor doesn't mean they are all like that. I'm afraid I have no recommendations because when I passed my test I had a man with a flag walking in front of the car!😁

How times have changed hey!

I learned to drive in the military police, I jumped behind the wheel of a car for the first time on Monday and took my test Thursday afternoon and passed first time. I was full of nerves so my driving instructor took me on a skid pan for an hour beforehand and banished all my nerves. 😁

Sounds interesting! I'm definitely going automatic. I've tried manual, twice. I didn't learn much from first instructor and cried every lesson. Second one quit, so maybe I was the problem! Hoping that by not having a clutch pedal and gears to stress about, it takes away some of the nerves.

Back