What made you happy today?

Aw look at little Martin's toothypegs!
Causing some difficulties at the moment (normally in the shape of bite marks on my shoulder 🤣). He has 4 (3 in one month, 1 the following month) and now has at least two that I can see coming through again. Hopefully that just means we get it all out the way very quickly

Had a meeting with a colleague in Liverpool today and then we went out to lunch together. There’s a Sicilian restaurant near her and we had a wonderful meal.
On the way home took some time to wander round the city centre and , of course, ended up in Hotel Chocolat.
My feet just went that way despite my intention to walk past.
Resisted the temptation to get a paper bag 😁
It was a lovely day.

I put on a pair of summer weight trousers this morning that I bought last year and fitted perfectly (they are a size 16). The trousers are now too big and are quite loose. That made me happy today. It makes me feel that I have actually lost over a stone rather than the scales just telling me I have.

I put on a pair of summer weight trousers this morning that I bought last year and fitted perfectly (they are a size 16). The trousers are now too big and are quite loose. That made me happy today. It makes me feel that I have actually lost over a stone rather than the scales just telling me I have.
Go you 💃 👏 sorry I wasn’t meant to react with a laughing emoji 🙄

I was praised for my marking and books today yay!

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Been for a nice walk with my friend and his youngest daughter.Hes going through some stuff at the moment,his late mums partner is dying of cancer and only has weeks left.I suggested a walk in the nice weather after I finished work so he could clear his head a bit.It was a very nice walk although did get chased by a swan lol and ended it in a pub with a couple of drinks each (£9.25 for a large pinot 🤦)but it was a very nice walk.

Been for a nice walk with my friend and his youngest daughter.Hes going through some stuff at the moment,his late mums partner is dying of cancer and only has weeks left.I suggested a walk in the nice weather after I finished work so he could clear his head a bit.It was a very nice walk although did get chased by a swan lol and ended it in a pub with a couple of drinks each (£9.25 for a large pinot 🤦)but it was a very nice walk.
How lovely of you to support him - he’s knows he’s not alone - it’s great weather for a walk and a pub drink 🥰

As the saying goes "a friend in need, is a friend indeed" what a lovely friend you are to support him when he needs it most.

I had lunch with my son and his girlfriend and with my daughter and granddaughter
We had a lovely meal and played the potato game and hide and seek as it was such a lovely sunny day
Memories definitely made today 🥰

@Homestead Mom what a lovely thing to do 🥰 can I ask why you don’t look for one better suited to you, if you don’t like this one?

I’m happy because my son is being allowed home today 🙌
So glad your son is getting home today.
I’m sure he’ll be much happier at home than in hospital.
Hope he recovers well now 🙏🏼

Late on Saturday night I was buying a new pair of vape batteries and wanted to bump my order over £20, so I ordered a couple of shortfills they had on sale and the nicotine to go with it. They rang me yesterday saying one of the bottles, they only had one left so would I like to choose a different sale bottle to replace it?

The wording confused me a bit but I figured they meant it was to be kept for someone in store or there'd been a system hiccup that hadn't adjusted the inventory properly. It's nbd, I don't generally buy the same bottle twice so every bottle is new to me, and I looked it up and rang them back.

They sent it yesterday, I got it today, and there's an extra bottle in there. You know, the one that's out of stock. Turns out there was a stock system hiccup and it meant I got a free bottle of juice. Bit of a pain without the nic to go with but free juice is free juice, lol.

Back