Wasn't someone looking for some photos?

Argh. Why do I never have my phone with me when they do something daft?!

So after this last night, and then this from this morning, it's been a warm day so the window's been open in their room. I've been checking in to make sure it's not getting too cold and I walked in, Camowen's sitting on a cuddle cup under the fleece canopy. He's not moving, he clearly can see me he just doesn't want to react. Maybe because of Bann? Bann, I assume, is sitting in the middle of the haypile and maybe they've just had an argument and he doesn't want to get too close.

But wait. Bann's not reacting to anything.

Not his name, not my movement, not even me sticking my hand into the bag of Readigrass. Only when I toss in said Readigrass does he react....by stretching himself out with all 4 legs requiring their own stretch movement AND the big yawn. Mate you just fell asleep in the middle of a pile of hay. Wide eyed and in a "I'm eating sitting down" pose but you're not fooling me. YOU FELL ASLEEP IN THE HAY PILE.

And I left my phone downstairs.

Aw are they using the cuddle cups? I demand pics if so! :D :nod: x

It's mostly overnight. It's been warm enough to not have the heating on overnight for a few days but I still put the Snugglesafes in just in case. Stick the snugglesafes in the bottom of it and then add the fleece pad on top and it works pretty well. And they do treat it like a bed that way - Bann drags his favourite hay cookie into it, and Camowen drags the paper in because he still likes to nest with the paper.

It's mostly overnight. It's been warm enough to not have the heating on overnight for a few days but I still put the Snugglesafes in just in case. Stick the snugglesafes in the bottom of it and then add the fleece pad on top and it works pretty well. And they do treat it like a bed that way - Bann drags his favourite hay cookie into it, and Camowen drags the paper in because he still likes to nest with the paper.
:luv::luv::luv: Bless them, glad they’re enjoying getting warm bums while they have their midnight munch :):wub:

I know Camowen needs a nail trim but the Diva also has long quicks, I promise they're not as bad as they look. But since I finally managed to bring a charged phone to their room, they decided they didn't want to hold still.

Some things never change. 40+ photos, less than 5 that weren't blurry messes.

DSC_0640.webp
DSC_0632.webp
DSC_0644.webp
DSC_0655.webp

Grumpy wee gits more like :)) it's a 6x3 cage, plenty of room for them. They still like to live practically on top of each other, winding the other one up as much as possible.
They’re stubborn wee articles aren’t they and very demanding once they realise what wheeking can achieve! 🤣🤣

They’re stubborn wee articles aren’t they and very demanding once they realise what wheeking can achieve! 🤣🤣

These two have learned that if there's visitors in the house, the visitors might come say hello. If the visitors come say hello, they'll probably get treats. You can see where that's going, lol.

These two have learned that if there's visitors in the house, the visitors might come say hello. If the visitors come say hello, they'll probably get treats. You can see where that's going, lol.
I never thought they would have such character and be as savvy as they are! How many have you? 4? That’s gotta be some noise. These two are already making more noise than the dog at mealtimes.

I never thought they would have such character and be as savvy as they are! How many have you? 4? That’s gotta be some noise. These two are already making more noise than the dog at mealtimes.

Just the pair of skinnies - Bann's the dark brown one, Camowen's the pink and grey one. Melters, the pair of them. If I wasn't going grey before January when they arrived, I've definitely gone grey since :))

Just the pair of skinnies - Bann's the dark brown one, Camowen's the pink and grey one. Melters, the pair of them. If I wasn't going grey before January when they arrived, I've definitely gone grey since :))
You’ve got melters and I’ve got a pair of wingnuts 🤣🤣

Camowen will be the death of me, if wheezy laughing could kill. I went upstairs to check on them, check the room temp etc, and I took some tomato up with me. Both came to grab theirs and ran back into their beds with them, and Camowen took his to the side door and started to eat (their beds have two entrances yes). Well as I'm sitting there he looks like he's struggling to grab a mouthful which is odd, and I sat up on my knees to look. Well the eejit had only gone and rolled his tomato share to the wrong side of the cage wall.

I'm a terrible human being for laughing at this but y'know what? So would any of you! :))

Dinner time, and it was Bann's turn. They both got a green bean first, and both turned around to run away and eat where they wouldn't have the food stolen from each other. They like to thieve each others food, they don't like having their food thieved from them 🤷‍♂️ So Camowen gets away first and Bann decides to stay put, but in his original haste to get away he dropped his bean. So he turned round and started looking all over for it...the bean his front right paw was sitting on.

It's really hard to laugh quietly, these two will be the death of me.

My piggies always turn to me for assistance when they loose their food. They don't even stop to look for themselves.
I guess you could call them a bit spoilt. :whistle:

Oh the amount of times they've dropped something and look at me expectantly to provide the next piece of dinner is hilarious. OR they finish the bit they're on but refuse to acknowledge the food literally right next to them and prefer to beg at the bars again instead (yes, Camowen, I am talking about you).

Or like last night. They're still a bit iffy on the new nuggets although they don't dislike them (although I dislike the Science Selective, why can't I get these things in a resealable bag? Burgess does it. Cunipic does it.) but I was trying to coax them over with a pea flake last night. They'd heard and reacted to the bag but didn't want to get out of bed, but Camowen found one of the Cunipic nuggets right outside his bed and took that to be the treat I was promising. And I watched him eat it with my pea flake in hand the entire time. :doh: I adore the pair of them, I really do, but I do have to wonder sometimes if they're not just sharing the one brain cell.

Get given a bean.

Piggie A grabs bean and runs into the nearest bed to chomp away.
Piggie B grabs bean. Piggie B drops bean. Piggie B stares at me, I pick up bean to give it back, Piggie B goes for my finger instead. Piggie B finally gets the bean, turns round, runs head first into the bed Piggie A is in. Piggie B literally runs backward out of the bed. Piggie B runs to the other bed but misses the doorway and drops bean again. Piggie B picks up bean for the third time before deciding to just eat the bean where he stands.

Guess which Piggie is which?

Back