Three guinea pigs have been dumped near me

Well they have been safely delivered and were been checked over by the manager when we left. They will all be vet checked and well cared for. Here is our last photos of them 😊 feeling a bit sad to see them go but I know they have a better future now
Here they are sat with OH
1661352193388.jpeg

They are lovely piggies! How could anyone be so callous as to just chuck them out?
I know, it’s really sad, the woman should be strung up! Luckily Maria’s took them in as an emergency case, but they have a list of over 100 guinea pigs needing to come into there care, it’s a dreadful situation, but at least these three are safe now 😊

Three balls of gorgeousness. Things will only get better for them now. I hope the sow/mum isn’t pregnant but chances are she is.

Haven’t been active on forum for a minute but been watching this closely, so glad you managed to save them all. The woman who dumped them should be ashamed of herself

Did the woman say how many she had dumped?
The woman is on holiday in North America visiting family/friends 🤬So nobody really knows for sure but someone said they thought she had “3 big uns“ but actually nobody has any real idea? We‘ve been back to check and to see if we see anymore, the traps have not caught anything. All I know is she lives on a farm near abouts. We are going to take regular walks to check the area though, someone said 4 lopp eared rabbits were dumped there a few years back 😞 I just can’t understand why people get pets. She can go away on holiday but not get proper boarding for her pets, makes me so angry

Just a quick update about the three little piggies. The little male has been neutered and the two females are doing well but will stay at the shelter until pregnancy watch is over and then they will be reunited or the male will be paired up with another female, depending on what happens
thought it was two males and one female, although the second one was very wriggly and screamed a lot and I didn’t want to stress the poor little mite too much after it’s ordeal, but turned out to be a female. My bad!
But they had been together for nearly a week and probably before they were dumped 🤨 we did our best

You did more than your best ! You SAVED those piggies - I don’t think they could have survived out there.
You’re all fantastic people ….you, your OH and your neighbour.
I do love a happy ending to an adventure🥰

Thanks for the update. It was a wonderful thing you did for these piggies, they would not have survived long in the wild. I am sure that they will get a lovely forever home once pregnancy watch is over. I follow Marias on FB so i will look out for them. xx

Thanks for the update. It was a wonderful thing you did for these piggies, they would not have survived long in the wild. I am sure that they will get a lovely forever home once pregnancy watch is over. I follow Marias on FB so i will look out for them. xx
Aw, that’s great Yvonne I do too. Hannah the manager, said they had a waiting list of 100 guinea pigs waiting to be surrendered, such a shame isn’t it

Aw, that’s great Yvonne I do too. Hannah the manager, said they had a waiting list of 100 guinea pigs waiting to be surrendered, such a shame isn’t it
Wow! That's a crazy amount and sadly I can only see it getting worse as everything gets even more expensive. I feel for the people running the rescues as well as for the piggies, some must be reaching breaking point. Everything you read says surrenders are up while adoption enquiries are down

Wow! That's a crazy amount and sadly I can only see it getting worse as everything gets even more expensive. I feel for the people running the rescues as well as for the piggies, some must be reaching breaking point. Everything you read says surrenders are up while adoption enquiries are down
Yes sadly it seems the same everywhere, they take rabbits two and a Mum rabbit and nine babies was emergency surrendered the other day, so sad 🙁

Yes sadly it seems the same everywhere, they take rabbits two and a Mum rabbit and nine babies was emergency surrendered the other day, so sad 🙁
All the rescues i follow are full to bursting and many have had to close their waiting lists as there are so many surrenders. The problem will only get worse as people find they are having to choose between feeding their family/paying their utility bills or feeding their pets. Of course there are also vets bills which are going up all the time as their costs are increasing too.

Of course as the cost of living increases, donations to all charities goes down as many people will no longer have any spare cash to give. It is all very worrying. :(

Yes it is very worrying. A lot on their list are bored children and parents not prepared to step in and help which again is awful 🙁
I really wish parents wouldn't buy pets for children unless they are willing to be the life long care givers for that pet and teach the child by example that pets are for life (unforseen circumstances aside).

Back