Three guinea pigs have been dumped near me

Well it’s been a long couple of days but our dear neighbour and OH managed to catch the white one tonight. All three tucked up in my old 120 cm cage buried in the hay, I think they are as exhausted as we are. My house has piggies in three separate rooms there’s no room for us humans 😆
Maria (at Maria’s Animal Sanctuary near Truro) has asked us to bring them in after 2.00 pm tomorrow, just as well or I’ll be pleading to OH to keep them 🥰 and I know I can’t afford the vet bills for 7 piggies!

So glad to hear they're safe at last and none the worse for their adventure, minus a bit of ringworm! Well done!
We are exhausted, left the traps set just in case as someone thought the other day there was originally four, this was last week but we haven’t seen any more but the “three little pigs”

Did the woman say how many she had dumped?

OH read out a message on Neighbour website calling for help to catch 3 guinea pigs that have been dumped in wasteland under the A30 viaduct. We have been down here since. There is definitely at least three, we’ve seen three young piggies. Maria’s animal shelter will take them if we can catch them, the terrain is old tin mine workings full of brambles and gorse. They are in a huge thicket in a valley that runs for about 1 mile. We have set two humane rat traps with hay and veggies. No luck so far, but we are going to check twice a day. There are a few local people keeping an eye out on the traps 🤞
Going to try and get some photos, they are quite friendly and you can almost touch them, then prey reflex gets the better of them

Will try and give regular update, this is the terrain 😕 it’s a vast area, the piggies all look very healthy, I think they have been there for some time, lots of little tunnels everywhere
View attachment 209723
Some people are sickening! Who the heck would do that, I hope you found them or find them how sad. Thanks for helping, lazy ass people that can’t even take them to a shelter just leave them in the elements to die. Just breaks my heart! Thank you so much for being a good human being 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🥰

What a result - well done to all involved for saving their lives, and now thanks to you they have a chance of a new start with someone who actually wants them, via the rescue. What a dramatic few days for the pigs and you. It’s such a relief to know they’re safe.

They are all really good, although I think the bigger of the three is the Mum to the other two, so will be on pregnancy watch for a couple of months.. We are taking them to the shelter at lunchtime today.
OH went down to check the traps this morning and was chatting to the lady who knew the owner and she had them up for sale with a notice in her window. She thinks she had three “big ones” so maybe she had sold two already? Who knows?
It’s so sad 😞 but they all have a promising life ahead of them now, Maria’s has great vetting procedures and the little boys will be neutered so all good

They are all really good, although I think the bigger of the three is the Mum to the other two, so will be on pregnancy watch for a couple of months.. We are taking them to the shelter at lunchtime today.
OH went down to check the traps this morning and was chatting to the lady who knew the owner and she had them up for sale with a notice in her window. She thinks she had three “big ones” so maybe she had sold two already? Who knows?
It’s so sad 😞 but they all have a promising life ahead of them now, Maria’s has great vetting procedures and the little boys will be neutered so all good
where did she have them put up for sale? might be a link to finding out who they are. even if its a crap shoot and it leads to nothing..... it can't hurt trying to put a charge on her for animal abuse/neglect. if no one ever does it, no one will ever get the hint this isn't ok to do. their are options people can take. they're taking the easy way out of laziness... also even if it doesn't lead to any real charges it could still have repercussions for them. wanna work at a day care and they find out you have an animal abuse charge back in england. maybe they reconsider....

I'm not big on the whole animal rights movement but when you dump domesticated animals in the woods that have 0 chance of surviving just the weather let alone predators, that really pisses me off. Its why i have to always just assume best case scenario. because if i find out I'm wrong and the worst did happen. I wanna find those people...... I know total degenerates that don't do things like that. to do that is an absolute disgrace.

Some people are sickening! Who the heck would do that, I hope you found them or find them how sad. Thanks for helping, lazy ass people that can’t even take them to a shelter just leave them in the elements to die. Just breaks my heart! Thank you so much for being a good human being 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🥰
We’ve got them all I think, so three little piggies are off to the shelter this afternoon and will find new brilliant homes away from that horrid woman. Maybe it’s been a blessing in disguise 😊

where did she have them put up for sale? might be a link to finding out who they are. even if its a crap shoot and it leads to nothing..... it can't hurt trying to put a charge on her for animal abuse/neglect. if no one ever does it, no one will ever get the hint this isn't ok to do. their are options people can take. they're taking the easy way out of laziness... also even if it doesn't lead to any real charges it could still have repercussions for them. wanna work at a day care and they find out you have an animal abuse charge back in england. maybe they reconsider....

I'm not big on the whole animal rights movement but when you dump domesticated animals in the woods that have 0 chance of surviving just the weather let alone predators, that really pisses me off. Its why i have to always just assume best case scenario. because if i find out I'm wrong and the worst did happen. I wanna find those people...... I know total degenerates that don't do things like that. to do that is an absolute disgrace.
It was only in her window. I think this horrible person will be in shame when she returns as it’s a close knit community and I suspect quite a few people know her, she walks her three dogs where she dumped the piggies.
The RSPCA can’t afford the legal costs unless it’s a huge case/real animal cruelty with evidence and the police aren’t really interested either. I think she will get her comeuppance people are very rattled on the neighbourhood website about it

Back