The Pigglingtons

Good news! Red seems to be back to normal. Poop still a little small but now normal shape. The downside is he's back to being demanding and bar biting. Still picky about what he will eat but not being so selective. I took him off the Gabapentin yesterday and this morning the old Red was back. I think it was a combination of the heat and the drug making him feel groggy.
IMG_1651.webpIMG_1652.webp

Brillo is eating more but his poop is a couple of days behind Red so it's still not looking right. Fingers crossed he is going to be okay. Brillo wouldn't let me take photo's of him this morning.

Duck has started squeaky weeing this morning, he's just passed some sludge so hopefully that's it and it's nothing more serious. He seems bright and is begging for food. If it's not one of them it's another putting my blood pressure up.

Such good news about Red & Brillo. Sorry about Duck’s sludge. Hopefully he’ll feel better now that is passed.

Duck's crisis seems to have passed. Red is back to his bossy self after giving me a nasty scare which I think was a mixture of Gabapentin and the humidity. It was very hot today so the boys missed going outside again, they've hardly been out this year, mostly down to the weather.
A lazy Sunday afternoon.

IMG_1677.webpIMG_1674.webpIMG_1679.webpIMG_1670.webpIMG_1672.webpIMG_1671.webp

Sorry Red's is like the one's posted before, it's his favourite spot!

We (partner and I) have expanded the Pigglington's today, for several reasons but mostly because the opportunity was there and we could! Photo's to follow in a day or two when they have settled. It's not what we thought we were doing this morning when we got up. Fizz and Fuzz have been purchased something I said I would never do again but we have been on the waiting list at the local rescue for sometime with no luck, when we saw them we knew they were meant to be ours.

We (partner and I) have expanded the Pigglington's today, for several reasons but mostly because the opportunity was there and we could! Photo's to follow in a day or two when they have settled. It's not what we thought we were doing this morning when we got up. Fizz and Fuzz have been purchased something I said I would never do again but we have been on the waiting list at the local rescue for sometime with no luck, when we saw them we knew they were meant to be ours.
Congratulations on your new arrivals, looking forward to photos.

IMG_1694.webpFizz - Dark eyed Lemon Agouti Aby, the sweet quiet one!
IMG_1692.webpFuzz - Red eyed Cream/(pale lilac?) Rex, the bossy one! IMG_1685.webpIMG_1687.webpIMG_1693.webp

Took a few quick photo's while I cleaned them out, they are at least pooping well! Nugget was my last real baby about 5 years ago, I'd forgotten how tiny the poop is. Although a different colour Fizz is so like Nugget looking at me my breath has caught a few times. He's the same colour combination as Peanut was and seems to have the same timid nature. Fuzz's crest makes him look grumpy, he seems to have a very dominant nature. They haven't been here 24 hours yet but Fuzz thinks he's got the measure of me. It's hard to get the light right on him for a photo.
I wanted to get up and get the day started this morning for the first time in ages. I've been waiting for the guilt to start because I bought piggies and didn't wait any longer for rescues. I'm glad the guilt's not happening.

Every piggy deserves a good and loving home, no matter where they come from.
Fuzz and Nuggets are so adorable.
We need lots more pictures and a cuteness warning!

Every piggy deserves a good and loving home, no matter where they come from.
Fuzz and Nuggets are so adorable.
We need lots more pictures and a cuteness warning!
I'm sure the forum will get spammed with lots more photos when they have settled in. It's a bit difficult to get them at the moment. Fizz won't come out of hiding and Fuzz won't stay still!

I have been on one of my trips to Wales to see my youngest daughter. My son and DIL brought the grandchildren up for a long weekend it was so lovely to spend some time with them all. The GC are growing up so quickly and I only get to see them once or twice a year. My GS is very busy with his surfing and my GD with horse riding. At age 6 she has just done her first riding competition and is learning dressage, my DIL sowed me a sweet little video of her training the Shetland Pony she rides. This pony has only ever been lead before and GD is teaching it to be ridden. These lessons involve a clash of 2 very strong personalities but GD has managed to stay on despite being bucked a lot! My DIL is a very keen horsewoman and competed a lot before life got in the way, my son is a keen surfer it's lovely to see the children being interested in the sports their parents love.

My other daughter is going to make me a granny again at end of December beginning of January. I still say I'm not ready to be a grandmother, I'm far too young!

I don't think the piggies missed me, my partner kept them to their usual routine. Fizz and Fuzz hid away from me when I came home, but they have decided I probably belong here since I gave them their pellets. I have a mound of piggy washing piled in the greenhouse, understatement of the year was uttered this afternoon "I think I change them more than you do, but I worry about them getting wet feet". I'd rather he changed them too much than too little and am very grateful that I can go away regularly and not worry about the piggies.

We've had to make some accommodation changes. Fizz and Fuzz were next to Bertie in Duck's old cage and Duck went into a 4x2 across the bottom of Red and Brillo. The babies sent Bertie into a frenzy of rumble strutting and throwing himself against the bars, Fuzz seemed to take great amusement at going up to the bars and running away. I thought they would settle down after a few days so left them to it. Red started to ignore his lifelong friend Brillo and spent all day guarding his cage against Duck. After a few days Bertie went very quiet, wouldn't go near the divider and spent most of the time in his loft. He had been sticking his nose through the bars, he had a mark on his nose so I suspect he got nipped and didn't take that well at all!
Duck is now happily back in his old cage next to Bertie.
The babies are in a 5x2 C&C in my bedroom. They have settled well there and Fuzz in particular is very cheeky and incredibly confident for a baby. I often wake in the morning to find him staring at me through the bars, the minute I move he wheeks for breakfast. My low chest of drawers, bedside cabinet and 3 folding TV tables have made the perfect stand for the cage. The first night I got woken several times by zoomies, the cage clunked a lot, putting the 5x2 fleece liner I made by mistake underneath the cage has solved that problem. The liner was a pain to wash regularly as it was too big so it now has a use!

Back