The Boys Are Home. :)

Kellykels

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have got two boys.
Stuck on names. :)
They're sticking to the cover of their bed at the moment and are a little timid, but it's to be expected.
To them a half an hour journey in a cat carrier must have been an ordeal.
The 'mop' as I call him, has eaten a little bit of broccoli and a small chunk of pepper but not much, since they've only been home for half an hour, they aren't doing bad. :)

Here they are, they haven't really moved but occasionally I hear a couple of rumbles and grumbles.
New friends.webp

Aww, they look lovely. I’m sure they’ll settle in soon. Good luck to all of you! :clap:

Oh my, how did I miss that! Totally didn't see the other one, but I do now. They are both gorgeous!

I have got two boys.
Stuck on names. :)
They're sticking to the cover of their bed at the moment and are a little timid, but it's to be expected.
To them a half an hour journey in a cat carrier must have been an ordeal.
The 'mop' as I call him, has eaten a little bit of broccoli and a small chunk of pepper but not much, since they've only been home for half an hour, they aren't doing bad. :)

Here they are, they haven't really moved but occasionally I hear a couple of rumbles and grumbles.
View attachment 78041

They are gorgeous!

Give your boys time to settle in and get their bearings. If necessary, place a sheet or blanket or towel over the cage to give them a feeling of security to encourage them to explore the cage without feeling exposed.

Give yourself a week's time to get to know them and their personalities. You can try various names or naming themes you fancy or whether they remind you of somebody, whether that is a tv, film or book character; food, drinks or sweets; looks or quirks. Usually a name or nickname sticks by the end of the week! ;)

PS: My own have all got Welsh names with a meaning that suits them; either their looks or personality. With some their nicknames have stuck.

Oooh what a gorgeous pair! Especially “the mop”. :cool:

They are gorgeous!

Give your boys time to settle in and get their bearings. If necessary, place a sheet or blanket or towel over the cage to give them a feeling of security to encourage them to explore the cage without feeling exposed.

Give yourself a week's time to get to know them and their personalities. You can try various names or naming themes you fancy or whether they remind you of somebody, whether that is a tv, film or book character; food, drinks or sweets; looks or quirks. Usually a name or nickname sticks by the end of the week! ;)

PS: My own have all got Welsh names with a meaning that suits them; either their looks or personality. With some their nicknames have stuck.
I put the fleece from the loft on to the main part of the cage at the bottom so they feel a little more secure.
I made the mistake of putting in veggies and moving some things around in the cage and they panicked so I think I'll leave them alone for a bit now.

I put the fleece from the loft on to the main part of the cage at the bottom so they feel a little more secure.
I made the mistake of putting in veggies and moving some things around in the cage and they panicked so I think I'll leave them alone for a bit now.

Just leave them be and put some cover on top. That is the best way of letting them settle in.
More tips in these guides here:
How Do I Settle Shy New Guinea Pigs?
Understanding Prey Animal Instincts, Guinea Pig Whispering And Cuddling Tips
How To Pick Up And Weigh Your Guinea Pig

I’m sure some names will come to you once the personalities start to show.

Congrats on your new additions

OK the mop is climbing over the non-mop and making rumbling noises...
I think he might be mounting as a display of dominance but I can't be certain.

Aww they're lovely. I especially like 'the mop'...I actually described one of mine as a dead mop in another post.
Better than a live mop!

I think the dominant one ate two piggies worth of veggies :S
Although they've only had a small helping each.
'The mop' is eating everything. 'Non-mop' is just sitting in the corner.
Although both of them are mostly in the corner a bit afraid.
I hear the occasional rumbling sound, and some noises of movement.
I hope 'the mop' doesn't get diarrhea from eating all those veggies.

Possible mop name.

Dougal? As in this guy
16288.jpg

Aw they're gorgeous! Two of my favourite looking pigs, always loved grey/lilac piggies and red eyes are just :love: I don't have either of those types of piggies so uh... What's your address? :bal::raz:

Aw they're gorgeous! Two of my favourite looking pigs, always loved grey/lilac piggies and red eyes are just :love: I don't have either of those types of piggies so uh... What's your address? :bal::raz:
Is Womble aka the mop - Peruvian and Stripe - American?
Also the lady at the rescue said some people are prejudiced against red eyed guineas. I'm glad someone else likes them! :)

Is Womble aka the mop - Peruvian and Stripe - American?
Also the lady at the rescue said some people are prejudiced against red eyed guineas. I'm glad someone else likes them! :)

I'm not too hot on long haired breeds but he does look quite Peruvian to me! Is he lilac? Definitely a smooth haired for Stripe :D

So many people dislike red eyed animals, it's stupid really. Heard many people say "oh look at its eyes it looks like the devil" :doh: Or black cats being evil!

Perhaps I'm a witch because I'd happily surround myself with red eyed animals and black cats any day! :gd:

I'm not too hot on long haired breeds but he does look quite Peruvian to me! Is he lilac? Definitely a smooth haired for Stripe :D

So many people dislike red eyed animals, it's stupid really. Heard many people say "oh look at its eyes it looks like the devil" :doh: Or black cats being evil!

Perhaps I'm a witch because I'd happily surround myself with red eyed animals and black cats any day! :gd:
They are both lilacs! And my best friend was my black cat Maxi. :)

Back