Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

Them pretty 😍 How did you stick the shells down?

I (my daughter really) recently collected shells at Brighton and was thinking to get her to do something arty with them.

They are not stuck yet. Lol. Took me ages today to be finally happy with the designs. I’m going to try a glue gun tomorrow. I’ll let you know if it works ok. If not I’ll try a different type of glue. 🤞

I finally finished these crochet giant granny square blankets for my cousin's twin boys. I started them in February when my cousin told me his wife was pregnant, the babies were born at rhe end of May and I finished them on Friday night ready to present them at a family party yesterday! They are my first giant squares and first attempt at shell edging. I unravelled and re-did bits so many times and they still warped, but that adds to their uniqueness.20220826_234901.webp
20220826_235538.webp

I finally finished these crochet giant granny square blankets for my cousin's twin boys. I started them in February when my cousin told me his wife was pregnant, the babies were born at rhe end of May and I finished them on Friday night ready to present them at a family party yesterday! They are my first giant squares and first attempt at shell edging. I unravelled and re-did bits so many times and they still warped, but that adds to their uniqueness.View attachment 210104
View attachment 210105
This makes me want to crochet! I’ve got an unfinished blanket somewhere..probably in the loft.

This makes me want to crochet! I’ve got an unfinished blanket somewhere..probably in the loft.
I think you should dig it out and continue it 🙂I have found it relaxing to pick up while watching TV - am looking for another project now as it feels odd to sit down without crochet in my hands. I fancy trying a wavy stripe next.

The hibernating one is a zig zag. I don’t know if I have the right size crochet hook anymore. I don’t know if I even have any! I may have given them to my mum. I’ve made several blankets before. Knitting is my thing now though.

The one I’ve not finished.
E8C9FE78-492B-4434-8E2A-D2FA8ACC8DEF.webp

The others I’ve made in the past.
F9DA8FB0-F7C2-4C85-8184-C0C82ACD74F7.webpAA23642A-0439-4FB5-A2E0-8F6B0341030B.webp820B4B9F-7F67-4602-BDFA-5DFC41FD4C85.webp

Them pretty 😍 How did you stick the shells down?

I (my daughter really) recently collected shells at Brighton and was thinking to get her to do something arty with them.

Hey @Siikibam I used my hot glue gun and it was fab. No mess. You have to work quickly though.

The hibernating one is a zig zag. I don’t know if I have the right size crochet hook anymore. I don’t know if I even have any! I may have given them to my mum. I’ve made several blankets before. Knitting is my thing now though.
They are lovely. I'd like to make one like the flowers on the pale background. I'm learning to knit and have a bobble hat kit ready to start, but I find two needles harder to coordinate than one hook.

They are lovely. I'd like to make one like the flowers on the pale background. I'm learning to knit and have a bobble hat kit ready to start, but I find two needles harder to coordinate than one hook.
Keep practising, you’ll soon get the hang of it and what each hand does. Muscle memory 😊

I've just finished a baby Halloween hat and am halfway through another one.

pumpkin hat.webp

Before that I knitted these pumpkins.

face pumpkins.webp

After I've finished the Pumpkin Hat I need to knit some spiders (I know I'm terrified of the real thing but these are kinda cute!)

Halloween Spiders.webp

Back