Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

IMG20220815195930.webp

This is the toile I made of a dress this weekend. Don't love it, don't hate it. Cheated on a few areas as it's only a practice but the style isn't right for me (well it would be if I were 6 months pregnant 😂)

I'm thinking a play around the neckline, and some elastic around the top of the skirt or some waist ties to help give it a better shape on me. Will play around before deciding whether to make again

View attachment 209280

This is the toile I made of a dress this weekend. Don't love it, don't hate it. Cheated on a few areas as it's only a practice but the style isn't right for me (well it would be if I were 6 months pregnant 😂)

I'm thinking a play around the neckline, and some elastic around the top of the skirt or some waist ties to help give it a better shape on me. Will play around before deciding whether to make again
Glad you said it first 🫣 it’s good you’ve got ideas on how to change it though.

Nice patterned fabric you're using. With a few touch-ups, it'll be a beautiful dress.

It isn't the most flattering of styles for your figure Kelly. I'm sure once you've fiddled around with it it'll look lovely.

It's all good learning. I have learned how to do neck facing and gathering now. So even if I can't salvage the pattern for me I'll just bin off the pattern and move on

Back