• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

please read I'm worried

• Thread starter Thread starter maisynpoppy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't if you do it nicely :) No one likes to be told their job but we are the clients and like to know our pigs are getting the best :) If you find an arrogant vet they sometimes respond to time, I had one at our surgery who was just doing what she'd been taught (Ivomec for lice on guineas), we discovered one while I was there for another problem, I just said I'd treat with Gorgeous Guineas shampoos etc. By the time she left she was doing surgery on guineas and had declined being taught how to do dental work without anaesthetic because she wasn't confident enough to do it which I respect, I don't want someone doing something they don't feel happy with and dental work isn't for everyone :) She also does xrays without anaesthetic and gives the CCT recommended doses for meds.

I don't think the CCT offer individual surgery vet lectures anymore which is a shame.

I love my vets, i dont think any of them are rodentologists but they have suggested the same treatments for things as Karen and Mary have which gives me confidence. They even suggested reading up on peter gurney (obviously i already had) and they give great advice on physiotherapy aswell as the medicines etc. I was really impressed that they suggested bisolvon and patting the side to help with Ralfs URI :) and they're great with the cat too which is important :) i've seen all sorts of animals in there rather than just cats and dogs unlike some vets. They're aways willing to try new things too, they had books out looking for what could possibly work if septrin didnt and were willing to ring Vedra :) they dont use anaesthetic for x-rays and they love piggies, all good! x

UPDATE: it hasnt spread or got any worse, it looks alot better and shes letting me touch it where she used to wriggle :smitten: so thanks for all your help i think we can safely say after using different creams and shampoos shes a lot better, it looks like its cleared O0 theres still a few hairs missing but they will come back before we know it :) thank you everybody :smitten:

Lots of Love kelly and Maisy x

I'm still using the lavender cream for another week atleast to make sure its completely gone :) but everytime i see her it looks better and when i gave her the veg this morning it looked clear (its hard to see it though because she didnt loose much hair, so the hair was in the way but as i moved the hair around i couldnt see anything) I'm just so pleased :) i hope i can have a few months with no worries now ::)

:) Thanks for the update :) Now feedback to your vet in the nicest possible way of course, don't wnat to alienate them :)

what do i say? she had fungal probably ringworm and with applying some creams it was easy to clear? and there was no need for a skin scrape? :-\

I would just say you know the guinea pig I brought to see you with skin problems, I treated it with x, y and z and its cleared up. I wouldn't bother trying to diagnose it, just give them the facts and the facts are that it cleared up. I would take them a Gorgeous Guineas card too and then they can see it for themselves (and maybe the cream). Just keep it simple and to the point :)

right i will do that but il do it over the phone and ask to speak to the vet O0 i dont really want to go in ::) il mention gg too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back