• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Paige :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm off to the vet in less than an hour
Paige isnt doing too good at all,shes losing weight all the time no matter how much I feed her by syringe etc,I was hoping the yoghurt drops would work that she likes..I dont know if ill be coming home with her or not
last night she had a bit of saliva/blood drip out of her mouth,she was on osteocare etc the other week and has never been right since,I dunno if its in her genes or what as her sister Phoebe had probs too although the other sister Piper is huge
her top front teeth broke a couple of weeks back and have just started growing ,I dunno if her bottom front teeth are digging in when she eats,she cant bite into solids etc.
but when she looks at me with those gorgeous brown eyes it makes me feel like total crap
for those of you who wanna moan at me etc for thinking of having her PTS,I dont care what you think,I'm thinking of her health and welfare,its a choice I'm not looking forward to making and its breaking my heart as Ive tried so damn hard with her :'( :'(

awwwwh shaz :( I hope you come home with paige!
Awwwh the little darling! Make sure you text me how it went ok!ill be thinking of you and little paige!
I hope all does go well for you and you bring her home!

So sorry your pigs ill :'( :'(

I'm certainly not going to judge you. You have to do what you feel is right for your piggie. We had to put one of our buns to sleep 6 months ago, so I know what your going through.

Good luck at the vets hun

x

Of Course! Only you know your piggies and only you can do what is right for them I agree 100% with what you say, we can all ask for advice but at the end of the day they are our pets to care for the best way possible - as you are.

Good luck at the vets..........x

Shaz, I'm sorry to hear Paige isn't well. If she's broken her front teeth her back ones could've grown and maybe cutting into her tongue etc, get the vet to check if you can.

I hope they can give you a reason and you don't have to make that decision none of us want to :(

Awww sweetheart, just got your text and came straight on! :'( I will give you a ring in about an hour when i have credit and you have hopefully finished at the vet.... :( Thinking of you both babes, I really really hope its going to be okay  :(

*just got your other text....thank the lord! If there is a piggy mummy that can fix her up, its you hun!

Maybe you should give her some of those pork balls they were making a fuss of last night! ;D Come on paige...eat them pies!!! ;D

So sorry Shaz...i've only just read this. I really hope she's alright, she's a little stunner! Come on Paige, get well for your mum!

PerfectPiggies said:
*just got your other text....thank the lord! If there is a piggy mummy that can fix her up, its you hun!

Does this mean she's alright?

She said shes had a painkiller injection, needs more vit c and they will file back a couple of teeth when shes put some more weight on...thats something positive!

She just needs some fattening up now! I really really hope she starts putting some weight on :-\ :smitten: :smitten:

She said shes had a painkiller injection, needs more vit c and they will file back a couple of teeth when shes put some more weight on...thats something positive!

Brill news, c'mon Paige!

Shaz, if you've got it, bonjela (baby one) will help if Paige's mouth is sore - good blob in the mouth about 15 mins before feeding etc.

If I can help at all please give me a shout, I'm just round the corner and all the nightly and 2-4 hourly feeding must be a killer at times :(

Go Paige :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thinking of you Shaz :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Mmmmmm bonjella :smitten:

That sounds like a plan Beks...i didnt even know you could use that :embarassed:

Ive never tried my pigs on orange..can they eat orange peel? That has lots of vit c and is heavy so should put weight on? Kiwis are supposed to be high in vits too...then again will those kinda acidy foods hurt her mouth? :-\ You can get the vit c water drops, which if theymake the tiniet bit of difference are worth it i guess!

Aww paigey poo we love you! :smitten:

Abidec vits (for babies) are a good all round one. You can give vit c tablets crushed in water but I don't have doses etc to hand just now... Will have a look when I get home, or someone else may know before I find out O0

I know potato skins always pack on the pounds when i give them to my pigs..but i doubt paige will feel like eating that.. :-\

Critical Care or Critical Care formula should get the weight back onto her quickly, science selective too I believe but I've never used that so can't comment.

Mixed up with organic baby food will make it more tempting too O0

Ive used CC but i dont *think* paige seemed to keen so i was trying to think of altenatives 'just in case' ;D

Ive used CC but i dont *think* paige seemed to keen so i was trying to think of altenatives 'just in case'

Doh! yeah I had a pig who didn't too so used the PAH nuggets as they mush up well, and contain all the goodstuff O0

shes out on the grass at the mo sitting there looking sad for herself,while she was at the vets she was sooo bright eyed and lively so theres hope yet O0

thank god i wore sunglasses so they couldnt see i'd been crying

Lucinda said:
Oh Shaz, vets are used to people crying :)

yesh but I felt daft...
shes just had some syringes of CC etc and shes back out in the garden,not even looking at the new grass! :o :o
I'm taking her to a rodentologist to get the toofypegs looked at this weekend,that might help hopefully,shes such a good little angel letting people pull her around but the up side of it is,shes very bright eyed and nosey at whats happening when we poke and prod..
I was ready for the worst this morning..i refuse to let her go that quickly,shes proved shes got fight in her

Oh i am sooo pleased she came home !! :) She definitely is a fighter bless her and you! well done today you are a star! ;) ;)

dazie said:
Oh i am sooo pleased she came home !! :) She definitely is a fighter bless her and you! well done today you are a star! ;) ;)

hopefully the rodentologist will sort her out tomm O0

So sorry to hear your piggie Paige is poorly. I hope that she gets better soon, it's such a worry when they're not well isn't it. Thinking of you both. xx

yup we try our best,sometimes it feels like we're not trying hard enough :'(

Your doing great with her :) Lets hope she keeps on eating those yog drops (slip a few sneaky burgers in if you can ;D ) Come on Paige put some weight on you'll feel loads better soon :smitten:

Hi, just noticed this thread if your after a formula she might eat, i had one that i syringed to gucci because she couldnt eat due to dental problems and was losing weight i gave her CC mixed with baby food, and you can buy some puree baby food called ella's kitchen its veg pureed nothing else added, you buy sachets of it you can buy them at tesco and they keep in the fride for a day or two i added that to her food too to make it taste nice and for her to get some goodness asthe food i was trying to blend still had lumps in and got stuck in the syringe where as that is puree as its for babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back