Hano's herd

Hano

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thought I’d make a thread for photos of my boys! Gus is the tri-colour and Walter is the agouti 🥰 they’re approx 6 months old and have been with me since 16.06.24, I adopted them after their last owner lacked the time to care for them properly.

Attachments

• IMG_0187.webp
    IMG_0187.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0136.webp
    IMG_0136.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0113.webp
    IMG_0113.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0175.webp
    IMG_0175.webp
    100.5 KB · Views: 5
AWW what gorgeous boys! I love their markings, so cute 🥰 I adopted my boys for the same reason on 05.05.24. I'm glad your boys have found a better home with you, I'm sure they get all the love, care and attention they could ask for! I have to ask, are they named after the characters from Breaking Bad or is that just a coincidence?

They are gorgeous. Can’t wait to see more pictures of them.

AWW what gorgeous boys! I love their markings, so cute 🥰 I adopted my boys for the same reason on 05.05.24. I'm glad your boys have found a better home with you, I'm sure they get all the love, care and attention they could ask for! I have to ask, are they named after the characters from Breaking Bad or is that just a coincidence?
Thank you! I actually didn’t name them myself, I kept their original names, but it’d be a great coincidence! I loved that show :D:luv:

They are beautiful!

I also loved Breaking Bad. Bryan Cranston has a show called Your Honor on Netflix, when I get the time I'd like to watch it. Such a good actor!

They are beautiful!

I also loved Breaking Bad. Bryan Cranston has a show called Your Honor on Netflix, when I get the time I'd like to watch it. Such a good actor!
Thank you, and yes I have heard of that show too! I keep telling my partner we need to watch it:D

Thank you! I actually didn’t name them myself, I kept their original names, but it’d be a great coincidence! I loved that show :D:luv:
Aww I love that you kept the names! Must have been destiny then 😊

Some photos from this evening.. I do think they secretly love the camera :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0206.webp
    IMG_0206.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0208.webp
    IMG_0208.webp
    57.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0199.webp
    IMG_0199.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0194.webp
    IMG_0194.webp
    85.5 KB · Views: 5
More selfie loving piggies!❤️
Someone might need to start a thread for them 🤔🤣

We had time on the bed today! At one point they both cuddled up to my legs, but I did get peed and pooped on shortly afterwards.. I’ll take it as a compliment :xd: Facetune_02-07-2024-20-06-25.webp

More snuggle time on the bed :luv:

Attachments

• Facetune_04-07-2024-20-35-43.webp
    Facetune_04-07-2024-20-35-43.webp
    72.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Facetune_04-07-2024-20-38-28.webp
    Facetune_04-07-2024-20-38-28.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Facetune_04-07-2024-20-36-45.webp
    Facetune_04-07-2024-20-36-45.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Facetune_04-07-2024-20-31-58.webp
    Facetune_04-07-2024-20-31-58.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 3
Yesterday, the boys went for their first health check! Amy from Piggie Palace Rescue in Nottinghamshire checked their weights, teeth, gave them Ivermectin treatments and they had their first nail trim. Incredibly proud of them both, they sat so well and I’m happy to say their little claws are no longer like razor blades! :roll: She said that they’re in perfect condition, which is fantastic news because I’ve been trying my best and researching everything!

They also finally got a cage upgrade from 4x2 to a 5x2 after I managed to source some affordable extra grids, they’re growing fast!

Their personalities are so funny. Walter is so food driven, he stands at the edge of the cage looking at me and wheeking at dinner time. Gus is more suspicious and seemingly more clever, but he’s warming over time. To say they’ve been with us less than a month, they’re already more and more confident!

IMG_0456.jpeg
PS.. I may have convinced my other half to let us get another couple of piggies in the near future. We can make room! :tu:

Congrats on the clean bill of health!

My boys saw a vet last month and all was well except Chesney had some slightly slanted incisors she hopes get better with regular hay. I'm to keep an eye on them.

It was written in Stripe's chart that he was nervous.

In a couple weeks I'm bringing them to the local pet store for nail trims. Luckily their nails grow really slow!

Your boys are precious!

Congrats on the clean bill of health!

My boys saw a vet last month and all was well except Chesney had some slightly slanted incisors she hopes get better with regular hay. I'm to keep an eye on them.

It was written in Stripe's chart that he was nervous.

In a couple weeks I'm bringing them to the local pet store for nail trims. Luckily their nails grow really slow!

Your boys are precious!
Thank you! It was really useful to be able to watch somebody more pig-experienced check them and trim their nails. Makes me feel more confident for doing it myself :)

I hope Chesney’s teeth don’t give him too much trouble bless him☺️

Well. There’s been lots of teenage boy behaviour going on between these two recently:roll:hormones, eh? They also got their first Piggie Parcels hamper though and they’re enjoying trying bits out! :luv:

I feel like they’ve gone a bit backwards when it comes to trusting me and they’re way more suspicious of everything I do - I have to try not to take these things personally and remember we are only a month or so in. They’re generally fine and I’ve managed to pick them both up briefly, but they just aren’t too tolerant of being touched anymore, they get all skittish. Just wait until they find out they are at the vets Monday for a health check.. :hmm:

View attachment 252325View attachment 252328
Facetune_12-07-2024-20-10-06.webp
Facetune_12-07-2024-20-08-26.webp

Back