• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Duke has a lump :o(

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh Duke baby what are you doing to us all we are all stressed out with worry for you, Carrie annes duke is quitening down now and sends his love to his namesake as do me and Carrie anne of course be strong little man and dont give up you are a strong guy with a caring strong mummy hope the ops not too bad for you darling , and Brenden makes you better and you can eat normally once again he sounds a lovely vet, lucky you thinking of you both let us know when you can :smitten: :smitten: :-* :-*

Awww I hope it is good news Glynis. Big :-* :-* :-* from me and the boys :smitten:
You know, I have never seen a photo of Dukey? Would love to see one and of you too!

Aww so sorry, I hope it's nothing too bad and he pulls through. Sounds like you have a fantastic vet Glynis! Come on Duke, you can do it :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Sending lots of love and healing over the waters to you guys Glynis x :smitten:

Oh Glynis I really hope Duke will be ok! Come on Duke we need you to be fit again mate! :smitten:

Your vet does sound lovely. I am so glad you have a vet you can trust! O0

Thinking of you all! Schmichael sends Duke lots of love too! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: x

I have picked Duke up, he had his toofies trimmed again, they weren't crossed over or meeting together and there was no spurs O0
BUT he did have to poke at the wound a bit :o :o :'( :'( he's reasonably happy with the way it's healing, but is just unsure what's still in there as it was sooooo deep :tickedoff:
I'm to continue his meds, Baytril, Flagyl and Metacam for pain, and to bathe the wound twice a day but with warm water only now and to dry it as much as i can. Brendan feels that most of the wet chin is because of the wound oozing clear liquid. He says to keep on going as he feels that he's still strong enough to cope with what's happening at this stage :smitten:

The girls sneaked me some more of the Oxbow pellets, which Duke has become quite fond of O0

Thanks for all the good wishes, i'm sure this what has helped him :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

p.s. Aunty Lucinda i'm sorry if i woke you, but you had asked for me to get Glynis to text you, looooves Duke :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

What an amazing little man you are Duke! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Come on now, we need to get you fit and well! :)

I bet you are a little happier now Glynis! I really hope he is soon feeling loads better! x

Darling Duke, I was waiting for that text :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

What a wonderful boy you are :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

well done Duke keep being strong and get 100% better for your mum and us lot on the forum, we are all worried about you darling, Glynis what great news he sure is a fighter :smitten: :smitten:

I've just read through all this thread, poor Duke's been through alot :'(

I really hope this last trip to the vets has finally sorted things out ( It sounds as though you have a wonderful vet though )

This is Duke dictating to my granny Glynis:

Um well i want to eat and i'm doing pretty good, but not sure about my corn i keep on playing with it and nibbling a bit but that's it at the mo. My chin is still real wet, it's a bit yukky and granny :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: keeps on wiping it ooo i don't like that much. I've eaten all my CC feeds today but i didn't always want them but i was asked to eat them by you know who ::) ::) ::) she's always making me have food and those yukky yikky tasting things from the syringe (your meds Duke ::)) so i've had all that and i'm now down in my cage and snuggled up again in my nice warm bed, >:D >:D i keep on pooping and weeing so granny cleans me out, i loooove new towels mmmmmmm.

And i want to say a very big thankyou to all the lovely people (slaves) and gorgeous piggies that have sent me their good wishes, i looooves you all and me and granny really like these wishes as they help her feel good and then she gives me extra snuggles and tells me lovely stories about you all :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Glad you are feeling a bit better Duke :smitten: You really are a fighter, keep it up sweety :-*

ahhh :-* from me and :-* from carrie anne and of course :-* from your name sake Duke 2 , hope you start feeling better soon and start eating proper food soon

I decided to do a 3am feed this morning just to boost him up a bit :) awwww he's sooo good, just sits on my knee and slurps up the CC and water :smitten:
You know not once has he bitten me or scratched me with all these things i've been doing to him, he's excellent :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Not that i haven't had the >:D eye a few times and also a lot of squealing etc... if Brendan touches him he murmurs if i do he squeals ::) ::) he knows me well cause then i get upset and stop for a bit, he plays on my emotions the little monkey ;D ;D ;D
This morning he weighed in at 790 grams so he's gained a little weight back again O0 O0 and he's loving the pellets, not eating heaps but i've found him beside the bowl quite a bit, so thanks Oxbow :smitten: :smitten:
He's loving all the kisses and cuddles from all his mates, thanks everyone :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

awwwww what a good boy he is for you xx :)

Sending him lots of love and hugs from me and Squeak :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Squeak O0 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Yep i'm trying real hard, but the stupid wound is still leaking :'( :'( :'(

Has anyone had this before? i'd like some opinions on how to dry it up, i do the warm water thing and dry it but after a couple of hours where ever he's been it's wet :(

Wound is still leaking, it's making his food wet and yukky :-\ :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: I have to replace all his food at least 3 times a day totally so make sure it's fresh for him.

Now he doesn't want to eat his CC, oh boy this is dragging on :( :( He did eat a couple of pieces of fresh grass today, but that's all, it's the first time he's touched in nearly a year.

Poor darling Duke

sending lots of :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Awww, huge love and cuddles to Duke from bonny Scotland.

What a good boy, tolerating all the meds and poking around.

Captain is going through similar treatment. He is not on any CC and can still eat but his cheek is swollen up like a hamster's full cheek pouch.

Our boys are so brave.

:smitten:

oh i didn't realise duke was poorly! :( Poor little guy. Clover is very appreciative of his hugs and sends lots back too :smitten:

I hope he is much better soon,
Nici xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back