• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Duke has a lump :o(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love pigs with attitude how is he today Glynis? Carrie anne has just seen me on the computer and wants to know how he is as well I told her hang on I'm asking now, shes def got a thing about Duke hes got a fan ahhh :smitten:

He's still not a happy chappy, he seems to mope around a bit more. I really think his little system is totally sick of these drugs, he's virtually been on baytril since March :o :o
We just keep on plodding along, i still am getting up and doing a night feed otherwise his weight will drop down even further. He's hovering around the 790-800 at the moment but i'm going to give him some of Debbie's magical Metatone tomorrow to try and perk him up O0

LOL Duke's got a fan Club, awwww Carrie Anne you'd have to be the secretary then :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Darling Duke :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Just sending you and your mummy-Glynis so much :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Not eating toooo well :'(
He'll have the odd munch but that's it :( :(
Have spoken to vets, collect another bag of CC today, what a brilliant product O0 O0 O0
Tommorrow at 4.30pm our time so that'll be 7.30am your time friday O0 O0
Mmmmm thinking also of getting rid of the 3am feed, now i dont know :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Any words of advice please........... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
(his daily CC feeds are: 1 1/2 tablespoons per feed, 3am, 8am, 12.40pm, 4pm, 9pm roughly...)

Lucinda i can see he wants to but...... then he runs away..... you will know what i mean :'( :'( :'( :'(

He's still real 'attitude' boy so that a thumbs up but it sooo annoys me, he's not eating enough outside his CC feeds :'(

oh Duke you must eat more or you wont do a Uncle Ton and get a nice rounded butt , between you two duke and Ton you have us all so worried every morning I log on and think i wonder what them two are up?
did you enjoy your roast last night Glynis Carrie annes fav meal, her duke is calming down he doesn't do 40 laps round his run now only 20 so hes calming down a little 98) 98) an Galaxy ahs really mellowed out its amazing the change in him since duke joined him if i didn't see his pompoms hanging I'm sure hes a she, I've never seen anything like it he washes him and snuggles up to sleep with him ::)

Lucinda said:
Could you ask Brendan for a vit B12 jab? It helped Dr 0:)

Will ask him love, thanks :smitten: :smitten:

Michellemuffin♥ said:
oh Duke you must eat more or you wont do a Uncle Ton and get a nice rounded butt , between you two duke and Ton you have us all so worried every morning I log on and think i wonder what them two are up?
did you enjoy your roast last night Glynis Carrie annes fav meal, her duke is calming down he doesn't do 40 laps round his run now only 20 so hes calming down a little 98) 98) an Galaxy ahs really mellowed out its amazing the change in him since duke joined him if i didn't see his pompoms hanging I'm sure hes a she, I've never seen anything like it he washes him and snuggles up to sleep with him ::)

Awwwww mini Duke you're such a little character :smitten: :smitten: LMAO at Galaxy cleaning him, just being a lovely big bro :smitten: :smitten:
Tell Carrie Anne she's more than welcome to come for dinner anytime she likes :) yep 1.8 kilo's of meat and lots of veggies, about 2 sandwiches of meat left over O0 they all looooved it.

UPDATE:
Duke's going back to the vets as i said today, he ate a tiny bit over night and he was great with his CC overnight too and this morning. When i cleaned the wound this morning i noticed a scab has matted in his fur :tickedoff: so i know what's going to happen Brendan will remove this and that means the plug will come out too, so Duke's not going to be very happy at all and it'll hurt like hell too :'(
I'll let you all know how he goes, thanks for all the good wishes they are TRULY appreciated, loves to you all from us both :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

OK Brendan is pretty happy with him O0
Says the wound is still pussy :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: but getting better O0 And i got him to check his right eye as it was a little crusty he looked at with the eye thingy (don't know what it's called) and couldn't see anything but i'm to bathe that in warm water also. I have to report in on Monday and let him know how he went over the weekend.
He had to pull out the plug and clean the wound and squeeze it :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Duke sobbed :'( :'( :'( :'( so when he came back out i gave him a big smuggle and some kisses and little bit of CC that i brought with me to help console him.
You know what he waited until we got home to do a big wee on his towels, of course it was the nice clean one that i'd just put out for him ::) ;D ;D ;D
I'm still to clean out twice daily with the warm water first and then the iodine, much to my delight of course UGH. And he's suggested stopping the 3am feed and see if he might eat more of his veggies and pellets......
Tamara, vet assistant, showed me their new pellets Oxbow, she sneaked me a cup full for Duke :smitten: :smitten: the girls are soooo good to me, i get extra syringes and samples of everything all the time :smitten:

Oh Glynis I've just seen this. I'm so sorry Duke is so poorly. I really hope he gets better soon. Love and hugs from me, Mildred and George :smitten: :smitten:

Great news from the vet then Glynis! Lets just hope Duke pulls around and takes the vets words and runs with them, eh?

Come on Duke, you cutey pie you! Get with the program pumpkin! :smitten:

Lots of healing piggy kisses coming from Luna and the piglets, Rocky and Harley!

Hugs to you to, Glynis, dear!

I've just finished feeding him his CC, it was a larger than normal serve, but he didn't want it all, OK i thought don't push it offer him some leafies.
He's just finished eating more tonight than what he's eaten in the past 3 days O0 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: It was like he was starving all of a sudden it was lovely to see him attack the leafies and his canteloupe with such vigor :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Oh i hope we can keep this going for awhile and get him to gain weight.
Now i'm just nervous about not feeding him during the night, i'll still get up and check on him :)

It's going to be a freezing night again, so i've also put a towel over the ends of the cage for him, i know he's inside but being a skinnier and older piggie he seems to get colder easier these days. Does anyone else find this too?

Glynis said:
Thanks love i sincerely hope so too.

How's Schmichael, no more 'getting the head stuck tricks' ? ;D ;D

I've got everything crossed Glynis thats for sure!

Schmichael is fine. I have just realised that he has the same opinion of children as Lucinda does! LOL As the older children are at playgroup I let him come downstairs. He went over to the 17 month old, sniffed at her, and then turned round and went back upstairs looking totally unimpressed! :o

Schmichael is fine. I have just realised that he has the same opinion of children as Lucinda does! LOL As the older children are at playgroup I let him come downstairs. He went over to the 17 month old, sniffed at her, and then turned round and went back upstairs looking totally unimpressed! :o
[/quote]

LMAO Schmichael you little character ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Kelly, loves to your little trooper Ton :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: thanks for the text, it was lovely to know he's still got the 'attitude' always a positive sign :)

Duke is not eating :'( :'( :'( and has a wet chin, dammed teeth or that rotten $%(&&%( abscess has stuffed him up yet again :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Going to see Brendan at 5.15pm today (that's 8.15am for you guys)

Poor Duke, these teeth / abscess problems are becoming part of my life too with Captain.

Let us know how you get on.

OK been to the vets, Brendan really mucked around with his wound :o :o :tickedoff: :tickedoff: Duke not happy but i gave him lots of loves :smitten:
Then he also looked into his mouth thoroughly with a scope that you'd use for ears, teeth looked alright but he's going to operate on him tomorrow he's hoping it's a spur or something like that. We are hoping it's not the abscess causing the problem as it was sooooooo large and soooooo deep, if it is he will let me know.
Brendan also had the talk about 'you know what' :'( he thinks Duke's been thru so much hell, but he is also lovely and encouraging and said at this stage he would not make that decision, he wants to have a look see, he said he would be honest with me O0
Poor Brendan he's last two appointments were to PTS two doggies and he was gutted he was really honestly moved, i appreciated him telling me this it helped me. But he did say Dukey has been thru the mill and he will let me know. He's letting me bring him in and stay whilst he's in the operating theatre and then i can take him home, he knows i prefer to do this as Duke stresses being left there all day.
I'll let you all know what happens O0

S***, darling, I'm so very sorry.
But don't give up on Duke. :smitten:
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

aww... good luck to the little darling for tomorrow.

sending him loadsa luv :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:!

Awww poor Duke :( thinking about you both & wishing him loads of get well thoughts for a speedy recovery. Good Luck for the op tom sending him & you loadsa luv :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back