• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Duke has a lump :o(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly i have to say thanks to absolutely everyone :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Now i'm not getting carried away BUT HE'S EATEN :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: all by himself :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

OMG came home this arvo and gave him his 4pm CC feed then thought oh well what the heck and held new opened packaged spinach leaves and parsley for him, well at 5.10pm my back was killing me from leaning over in a silly position to feed him :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
I then popped him downstairs cause i had to make dinner for the mob, i'd finished preparing it, went down about 6.15 ish and he'd attacked a piece of corn :o :o :o :o :o
you can guess i :'( :'( :'( :'( O0 O0 O0 am so so so proud of this little man. He's finished his 8.30pm CC feed plus all the goodies that i hand fed and Dee and LOL Allan (oh he has grandpa sooo hooked around his little paw ;D ;D) i've taken him down stairs and he gives me the brrrrrrrrrrrrr noise, like woah go for it boy he wanted to start nibbling the fresh food i put down there O0

It's early days but i can now see clearly what happened, damed bloody (excuse language please, but this is mild to what i really think) abscess has been forming there for a bit, it's pushed his little tongue up on to his over grown teeth and that's formed the ulcer on his tongue :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: no wonder he couldn't eat, but now mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm we even like the smell of food and we like to be rather spunky and brrrr at granny when she doesn't serve it quick enough :tickedoff: :tickedoff: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Can you tell i'm happy ? :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

OMG thats so fantastic, you must have been so so happy when you saw him attacking dinner..I would have been a crying drizzling (very very proud) wreck! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Lets all hope he just keeps on improving and improving and ends up being a fat bum like ton! ;D :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

We have some fantastic piggy mummies on here, I'm so proud of everyone! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Good boy Duke! ;D ;D ;D I'm so glad to hear that, he's such a great piggie for his mummy. :smitten:

whoppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Dukes on the mend the abcess must have been making him feel so ill, but its gone now so he has no more excuses he can scoff all his veggies and maybe a boubon or two, Kelly knows how much Uncle Tons improved with magic bourbon biscuits ;D ;D I am so pleased especially now both Duke and Uncle Ton are on the mend Carriea nne is home soon so will be delighted with the news :smitten:

yay go Dukey! send some vibes to Paige for me? ( Ive put her in with Bluebell for some company,I had a feeling she was getting lonely so we'll see what happens
but anyway well done Duke

I'm so DELIGHTED for you

WAY TO GO DUKE :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

You must feel so relieved

So pleased to hear he has made a wonderful recovery in such a small period of time. Thinking of both you and him. Well done Duke keep it up little fellow. O0

mum said Duke is doing great what a relief give him a kiss and cuddle from me I am so glad he is alright I told my friends Leibe and Elena about him today and they also said give him a kiss so thats lots of kisses for being so good :-* :-* :-* :-* love Carrie anne

Thanks everyone :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

During the night he'd managed to eat some more of his leafy stuff and attack another piece of corn O0

And this morning when i went down to change the bedding and give him brekky, i found him sitting on his leafy tray ::) ;D ;D ;D cause it was empty and busily attacking a piece of cucumber O0

Then when i went to feed him his CC he darted away like a little rocket little monkey ;D ;D ;D
It's lovely to see him like this again this is our little boy Duke :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Sounds like he is making a full recovery - its so lovely to hear :smitten:

Just saw this thread......so happy for you Glynis :smitten: :smitten:
Keep it up Dukey....wheeks and kisses from my boys :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Wonderful news, glad to hear he is eating more and is recovering well. O0

Thats flippin' brilliant! O0 :D

So great to hear little Dukey is on the mend..... go little dude!

During the night i noticed that Duke had not eaten as much and was not sooo interested in his CC like he usually is. When i did the 8am feed i weighed him and he'd lost 20 grams mmmmm why was my first thought, so i looked under his chin EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW yuck a big hole and full of puss :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Called the vets and explained what i'd seen and they fitted me in this afternoon. I did bathe it with warm water and squeezed just a bit errrr Duke not impressed at all :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: The vet pulled out the plug from his wound and really gave it a good look over and we've decided to keep it open and flush it with a really weak dose of iodine :o :o :o
So his evening CC feed came up and i've just spent nearly 2 hours with him ::) i gave him his metacam first so that would perhaps settle things down, then after a few syringe fulls of CC i went up to the table and bathed the wound, well the performance was amazing, i hadn't even touched his chin and he was squealing ::) ::) then when i held him like the vets do, you know firm on the head thing, he was totally unimpressed and i then syringed the solution into the wound :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: But then i took him back and gave him some more CC and also lots of leafy stuff and a few bits of fruits O0
So we're not out of the woods like i thought we were :( :( but i'm being optimistic at this stage. Brendan said if needs be bring him in again saturday morning we've got a long weekend this weekend so after saturday morning i've only got emergency vet care available :-\

Poor poor Duke :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

You're brilliant with him though, Glynis :)

Sending you both loads of :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

oh no! He's a fighter and you're doing fantastic!

Love and healing vibes from us all :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

He fed well over night :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:, but oh boy is he narky with me this morning :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I've cleaned out the wound, first dabbed warm water and made it softer and then squirted the iodine solution in it :o He sooked, he sobbed, he squirmed, he just about turned himself inside out and then i got the >:D >:D eye look ::)

Have left him with lots of his fav foods and will ask Scott to feed him at noon for me.
Am going to the footy tonight so i'll have to do the clean before i leave cause there's no way Dee will manage it and it is a bit gross too :P

Aww poor little man! Such a little character :smitten:

Aaaaw I am glad to hear Duke is well.

Rodney had an operation yesterday to remove a lump which I found behind one of his nipples. It was the size of a marble, but the Vet just thinks it was a cyst, but are running tests.

I was so worried about him because of the risks of guineas under anaethestic, but he was OK.

oh Duke Duke what are we to do with you, you let your mummy wash your wound with no complaining she loves you so much, I have told carrie anne if we can find a baby boy piggy to go in with galaxy soon we can call him Duke she is over the moon, what an honour eh Duke we thought for a brave piggy like you you need a pig named after you, this is carrie annes idea shes liked the idea for a while now, now just got to find a baby boy , and duke you be good for your mummy and heal up soon, :smitten:

Michellemuffin♥ said:
oh Duke Duke what are we to do with you, you let your mummy wash your wound with no complaining she loves you so much, I have told carrie anne if we can find a baby boy piggy to go in with galaxy soon we can call him Duke she is over the moon, what an honour eh Duke we thought for a brave piggy like you you need a pig named after you, this is carrie annes idea shes liked the idea for a while now, now just got to find a baby boy , and duke you be good for your mummy and heal up soon, :smitten:

That's lovely and yes a great honour, thanks Michelle and Carrie Anne :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

He's totally unimpressed with me removing the plug and then syringing the iodine, i had iodine solution everywhere this morning and i still smell like it ::) :P
I got home just after midnight last night to find he'd eaten most of his greens and his corn so replaced those, then got up again at 3am and gave him a CC feed, boy was he looking for that O0 :-* He's now having a snooze cause of me doing his wound i think it exhausts him a bit :'(
Debbie he's still got a HUGE attitude so yep we'll take that as a postivie O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back