• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Duke has a lump :o(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Went back to the vets on saturday morning cause he's still not eating other than the CC and syringed water and fruit slushy, he may eat the odd leaf but that's it :'( :'( :'( This has been going on since Wednesday's toofie trim, i just knew there was something wrong, that's why i went back on saturday morning. Duke wont let me near his little neck, but late saturday i thought i felt something but he got agitated and cried so i stopped not wanting to upset him anymore than he already is.
2am this morning when i picked him up to give him a CC feed i put him on the towel and just gently ran my fingers along his jaw line, i found a large lump under his chin on the rear of his right jaw line :'( :'( :'( :'(
How much more does this little guy have to endure, i'm sick of him getting these lumps, he's such a trooper, barely complains and he's sooo good with taking his meds and his syringe foods.
Please cross your paws for him, his op will be late this morning our time, so you guys will all be zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, i will update this thread.
Thanks for all the support, i hope you can give me more once again for this little man.

Glynis and Duke xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Glynis, i'm thinking of you and Duke. Fingers crossed for the op (i'll keep my fingers crossed in my sleep)

Get well soon Duke :smitten:

poor little man (((((hugs))))) to you both :smitten:

You know how sorry I am :( :( :(

Poor darling Duke and poor you too

Do text me whatever the time.

Sending you both so much :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks heaps guys, means a hell of a lot to know you've got support by friends who totally understand what you're going thru

These are from Duke saying thanks to you all :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

It's just after 1pm here and he's out of surgery, it was another rotten abscess and it was large and very pussy :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
It's been opened up and drained and then he's been sewn up again :'(
Am going to pick him up at 3pm my time which will be 6am your time Monday O0
I'll update once i get him home and check him out, he'll be starving as he's missed his 12noon feed of CC.
He's coming home with more baytril and flagyl as well as taking metacam, the usual, gosh we've been down this track too many times now :'( :'( :'(
I'm relieved but not certain how he'll go, i hope this has solved the problem.

Thanks for all the lovely message both on here and the texts i've been receiving, means a lot to me, wish i could give everyone of you a big hug.
From us :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

give him a cuddle from me and our lot?

Paige sends her love( shes still not eating) and so does Leo
text me if you want,anytime hun ;)

:smitten: :smitten:

Awwwwwwwww thanks everyone, i told him how much he was loved and thought of :smitten:

He's home :smitten:
Not very happy still a bit drugged from all the meds, surgery did take quite awhile. Brendan said it was very large and full of puss and he had to really dig down deep, so deep that he was worried he was going to go into the mouth/gum area :'( :'( :'( He's cleaned him out and sutured the wound, he feels that the site will weep and i'm to bathe it gently with warm lightly salted water and see how we go, any signs of puss i'm to call and go in. It's in the same site area that he had an abscess back a couple of years ago, Brendan thinks it's a weak part and that they're maybe something imbedded in his skin which he just can't find :'( We are to keep on going and he's hoping it doesn't flare up again, but said if this is the case he could still have problems down the track :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
I've fed him CC and a slushy of fruits which he took down quite well :smitten:

Thanks all now we go the next step and hope that all goes well in recovery and that he starts to eat for himself now. Damed thing was making it awkward for his tongue that's why he didn't feel like eating :'( :'(

From Duke to you all :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

He's a special little man! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

So glad he has had a feed. Hopefully he will soon start to feel much much better - I really hope this is the turning point and he starts to eat for himself. He really is a little fighter isn't he! O0 O0

Well done Duke O0 O0 O0 We all love you lots and just want you to be well! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

How are you Glynis? I bet you are absolutely washed out! Take care and make sure you look after yourself too! xxxxxxxxx

Thanks, yeah well it's going to be along night, i'll be getting up a few times and feeding through the night just to keep his strength up he'll need to make up for not eating during the day and the fact that he's still not eating for himself :'(

Will keep you posted, thanks Debbie :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Get well soon little Bud!

Merlin and I are thinking of you both :smitten:

Glynis just got on here after a week of Josh nabbing my computer grrr and found out poor Duke has been unwell yet again, he is one very special pig to keep on going but then he knows how much he is loved I feel for you darling having to keep going through this, and wish with all my heart your little man would get a clean bill of health, give him my love and a kiss for his tender spot ahhh poor little man lifes been cruel to him and he does not deserve it , thinking of you and Duke carrie anne will be gutted when she comes home from school to find this out, she loves Duke :smitten: :smitten:

Brave Duke.

Sending you so much :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh no... poor little Dukey  :(

Get better soon little darlin' - me and my piggers send you loadsa luv and kisses  :-*  :smitten:

Thinking of you glynis during this difficult time.....

I have only just read this and I am so sorry to hear Duke had developed another abscess. He is such a little warrior and doesn't even complain that much, very little when he does. I am so happy he has a mum who cares about him. Keep us updated and get well soon Duke. :smitten:

I've come from feeding him his CC and slushy fruit mix at 8.30pm here, and then we had the best snuggles and cuddles and smuggles ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: ahhhhhhhhhh even his uncle Grant has been sooo cute with him :smitten: and his new aunty Taz :smitten:
He ate 3-4 leaves of parsley tonight as well i know it's not much but he at least ate.... i'm hoping he'll get better in the next 24 hours. Brendan did say that after the huge op and where the problem was that now he should have relief from pain and hopefully begin to eat. He wants a daily update O0

I don't know how to say thanks............loves you all it's really really helped, we've been thru so much s**t with this guy and he keeps on bouncing back but as you know the older they get the harder it gets for them. So am appreciating all the lovely words of kindness and please any advice i'll gratefully listen O0 :-* :-* :-* :-*
Always open to any suggestions O0 :-* :-*

Tonight will be the tester as usual, am trying to decide if i do 12midnight and 4am then 8am (this would be 4 hourly feeds) OR 2am and 8am in other words not as many feeds, oooo any help or previous experience, would be appreciated thanks sooooo much for all the kind words :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Kisses and hugs and healing thoughts coming to you Duke, and of course to you too Glynis :) :-* :-*

mum just told me about Duke poor little man hope he gets better really quick and eats LOTS of food so he gets his strength back lots and lots and lots of kisses from carrie-anne :smitten: :-* :) O0 :smitten: :smitten: :-* :)

Hi Carrie Anne Duke sends big piggie kisses to you :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Love, how's it going? Nearly hols time again O0 How's all your furbabies?

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :-* :-* :-* :-* :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: for Dukey

Thinking about you Glynis & sending Get Well Wishes to Duke :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: & :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* for that special little man

Just read up on this post - so sorry to hear that duke isn't well. :( Keep us updated and kisses and huggs and cuddles from Luna and Rocky and I!

hows Duke today ? carrie anne was so worried when she came home from school and I told her about him having an op again one of her pigs biscuit had 2 lum ps removed one from his neck /throat area same as Duke it cleared up wonderfully the other was on his gland on his butt a ball like mass which again cleared up well, he is now a fit and wonderful piggy much to her delight, cost us a fortune but hes well worth it , I sat cuddling floo last night I'm sure he talks to me in his own way anyone else find this ? anyway he sends his good wishes ( I think thats what he was wheeking about because he went off on one when I told him about Duke ) before School this monring carrie anne said make sure you ask if Dukes ok, anyway hope hes ok :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back