Chat Thread.

Thanks everyone. We also have our close friend in hospital who has had parts of both lungs removed and he is not doing very well. There is a "leak" on one of the lungs (not sure what that means), we cant visit as he is in ITU. Its been a terrible weekend.

So sorry that you've had such a terrible weekend. I am sure that you did the absolute best for your Domino. I hope that your friend improves. Big hugs x

Thanks everyone. We also have our close friend in hospital who has had parts of both lungs removed and he is not doing very well. There is a "leak" on one of the lungs (not sure what that means), we cant visit as he is in ITU. Its been a terrible weekend.
Rest in peace Domino, gallop free in the big field in the sky. I really hope your friend gets better soon, sending healing wheeks, squeaks and hugs from us all x

@Goth Mummy , I am so sorry hun, sounds like your having a horrible week end. You know where i am if you need to talk x I cant imagine how you are feeling x
R.I.P Domino. ((hugs)) x x

I am so sorry to hear about Domino @Goth Mummy . You gave him 23 years of love and care. It's hard to have to let go. And now you have the worry of your friend. I hope his health improves. You will probably be feeling just numb with it all just now. Take care Cassandra - thinking of you and your family

Thanks everyone. I'm now crying on all my colleagues at work (most of whom are completely mystified and do not understand that you can have such a bond with a horse, or any animal).

How is everyone else today? I hope all of you are OK.
@jenniferanneharris how are you feeling about the berry-girls now? Have you come to terms with it? x

I too hope some of them are more understanding. I've grown up with horses and it's only these past 2 years I haven't had anything to do with them. You do create such a bond with them, as with all animals. Some people just don't get it at all, but you think they'd have the consideration to at least care about your feelings.

Consideration seems to be forgotten when a joke is more important, my best friend's OH laughed at me for burying Alfie in the garden and asked why I hadn't just put "it" in the bin. It angers me that so many people have this kind of attitude towards animals. :(

Last edited:
People's attitudes towards animal deaths can be disgusting. I remember last year when I took Mario to the vet I had a collegue say 'why take it to a vet, it's only a hamster, but another one'. To which he got told that Mario was not infact a hamster he was a guinea pig, and that I thought better of him as he was supposedly an animal lover and if his dog was sick would he take it to a vet or let it suffer. He said vet, so I asked why a guinea pig deserved any less. Suffice to say I got an apology out of him!

@katie-elizabeth that was very insensitive of your best friend's OH - I hope you were not too upset. It is a horrible attitude to take.
@Flutterby did you have your own horse - what made you give up?

Two of my colleagues used to have their own horses so they have given me big hugs.

I had a section A called Comet that I used to drive :) I loved it, I showed in hand two throughtout the season. Sadly I just found myself not having the time anymore, and my health isn't as good as what it was, so I made the decision to find him a home with a family who give him everything. He's actually just around the corner from my house now, I can see his farm from my beroom window and he's doted on by his owners and living life :)
I definately plan to have another in a few years, when things have settled down and I once again have the time, hopefully when I've got on top of my health problems too. Here he is with his news owners out showing :)

comet%20cameron.webp

Oh it's lovely that you can still see him @Flutterby :)
@Goth Mummy he's always joking around, he likes to make people laugh and the sort of person to make light of serious situations - but I didn't think he could be that cruel. I made it clear I wasn't impressed and he soon shut up, never got an apology though!
I'm pleased you're getting support at work!

Thanks everyone. I'm now crying on all my colleagues at work (most of whom are completely mystified and do not understand that you can have such a bond with a horse, or any animal).

How is everyone else today? I hope all of you are OK.
@jenniferanneharris how are you feeling about the berry-girls now? Have you come to terms with it? x
Oh bless you hun. Take care and know you have people here who understand and are here for you.

The girls didnt go back- mums knee is bad so couldn't drive to the rescue. Spoke to the owner of the rescue and she said if i wanted to try, they would try and re bond the piggies on neutral ground with more space than i have at home (As Castiel is in my room now, so no floor space now) so they said think about it and if we want we can do one last try no pressure...and am tempted as they are so friendly though the bars and i do love the girls, so wanna do one last try. If it doesn't work, then will leave the girls and just bring Sweep home.

Either way am taking a few days to ponder. As i speak, the girls are asleep by the bars and so is Sweep. Castiel is doing really well, hes back to normal now and is doing so well- hes getting so confident and a little trouble maker....i love him so much! I forgot how much i miss having a bunny- they are amazing!

Full of a crappy coldy rubbish lol. How are you Jenny? How's Castiel today?

Bless him, does he show interest in the piggies at all, through the bars? Just curious! x
The piggies cage is on "legs" so he cant see them, but he reacts to their squeaking. took him a few days to get used to that :P But he will try and stand up on his legs and have a look in, but he cant reach as he isnt tall enough.

He's being a minx tonight, trying to climb behind my cabinet and under the piggie cage behind the bunny pen. He's such a minx, but i love him for it really :P

The piggies cage is on "legs" so he cant see them, but he reacts to their squeaking. took him a few days to get used to that :P But he will try and stand up on his legs and have a look in, but he cant reach as he isnt tall enough.

He's being a minx tonight, trying to climb behind my cabinet and under the piggie cage behind the bunny pen. He's such a minx, but i love him for it really :P
Oh bless him cheeky thing! He's such a sweetie!

awwww what a cheeky boy! I'm so glad hes doing well now!

Look at little Tippy sitting in the middle of the garden bless him.
20150317_143541_zpsulpy4vh4.jpg

Hello Tippy. Don't go near Boss when he is armed with an empty coke bottle! ;)

How are you feeling @Flutterby ? I read somewhere you are unwell, did you have a lie in this morning? :zzz:

Back