• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bertie's op

• Thread starter Thread starter cavy love
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruising from the op should have healed enough not to be affecting him in my opinon. Does Metacam have to be weaned off pigs Mary? I suppose if this is a large dose then it will have an effect, how long would it take to get it all out of his 'system'?

No it does not normally have to be weaned off,but I was thinking here in the terms of pain.

Metacam is a slow release drug and lasts for 24 hrs so the drug should be well out of the system in 28 hours.

I just wonder if there's something else going on and how you'd go about finding out? I would want to know if he's in pain or its the Metacam- thats so obvious, sorry, but I don't what else to say :-\

ok he's still not back to normal :-\ well he is moving around a fair bit, and coming up to the side of the cage and stuff, but i just wouldn't say he's back to normal.

Oh dear you poor thing this has been going on for over a week now, this isn't right. I think you need to take him back to the vets, he should be in any pain now and should almost be healed.

When he does move does he move normally? As he did pre op?

Has he been seperated from other pigs because of the op? Sorry I can't remember the situ beforehand :) Could you show him others to talk to? Or have you done all this?!

OMG!! i'm SOOOOO happy!!! overnight he has turned round sooo much, he's basically back to normal! it's a miricale!!(sp?) :) :) :) :) :) :) he's not got QUITE as much energy, but well he is sooo much more lively, alert and more! he must ahve felt me worrying! :) :) :) :)

Awwwwwww (((hugs))) to you :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

GO BERTIE! :D ;D :smitten:

ooooh I'm so happy for you! (and Bertie of course!) :D :D :D

All down to your TLC and patience O0

Good boy Bertie!

hi he's still doing well, and i'm sooo pleased and proud, he hasn't had it easy! O0

I've just caught up with this, what an emotional rollercoaster. I'm so pleased for you that Bertie's come thru' it, bless him. :smitten: :smitten:
Bet he has a huge smile on his face when he meets his laydeeees :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

YOU BEAUTY :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: this is sooo good O0
Bertie you little trooper, keep it up little fella :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back