Wiebke's Tribe: Sows and the City Boars

Sorry for not posting on this thread for a long while; a family emergency has had to take precedent over the last weeks.

Anyway, a belated happy 5th birthday to my rescue-born gentle Carys 'Love' who joined me aged 6 weeks as a baby companion to the very eldery Ffwlbri (who went on to live another year) and her much younger hubby Gethin the day after baby Llelo returned here for good - he's just a week younger than Carys.
Carys has sadly lost her second hub, older Cai, a year ago and her bestie Tegeirian in May but has she created a very close bond with similar aged Heilin and younger Tudur in a trio of various widowed piggies. Carys has sadly become somewhat arthritic in recent months.
DSC03569_edited-3.jpg DSCN3558_edited-1.jpg

As to eyes - Dryw 'Wren' has recovered from her double but straightforward hay pokes very quickly thanks to the early intervention but I am currently back there again with Tudur 'Tudor/Leader of the Tribe'. :(
He has a somewhat nastier and a bit more developed case since he has managed to badly scratch his cornea with a full overnight development and a Sunday morning sleep-in not helping me - my usual bad timing. Thankfully, prompt treatment since Sunday afternoon has seen him over the roughest bit by now. His eye is healing well and should be hopefully fully recovered in 7-10 days.

Today is also the 12th anniversary of Tegan's surprise birth (she's the little baby in my avatar). She is at nearly 8 years my second longest own piggy to date; only surpassed by Morwenna last year. It is hard to believe that she is already gone for 4 years... :(
1698325786143.jpeg

Sorry to hear this. Hope you get the chance to take care of yourself too.

Happy belated birthday to Cerys - what a beautiful piggy. Lovely picture of Tegan too. What a fantastic home they found with you.

Take care

Sorry to hear this. Hope you get the chance to take care of yourself too.

Happy belated birthday to Cerys - what a beautiful piggy. Lovely picture of Tegan too. What a fantastic home they found with you.

Take care

Thank you. I am taking care of myself and my piggies before coming onto the forum. ;)

So sorry for your family emergency and that there’s no quick fix but I’m glad you’re taking care of yourself

Happy 5th birthday to beautiful Carys ❤️ Tegan was beautiful too and you have some lovely memories to treasure forever ❤️

I am sorry for whatever it is that has happened; I am sending love. It is never easy when things happen in families.

Happy belated birthday to Carys 🎈 and what gorgeous photos xx

Lovely to catch up with your tribe, and glad you are taking care of yourself.
Hope the family situation is manageable and a bit less stressful now

It's hard to believe that it is already a full year between these two pictures! Happy first birthday to my - no longer - baby boys Baeddan 'Boar' (baby name Bronrhyddyn 'Robin') and Brangwyn 'White Raven'. Baeddan is now the biggest boar of the family, including his his dad.

Happy birthday to you!

DSCN4626.JPG

DSCN6045_edited-1.jpg

Happy 5th birthday, Begw (pronounced Beggoo)!

DSCN6077_edited-1.jpg

I don't know exactly when Begw was born but when she was rather unceremoniously shoved through the front door together with heavy wafts of cigarette smoke in January 2019 she was supposed to be an unwanted 8 weeks old boar. Turned out she was a little girl the weight of a smallish 3 weeks old, which massively messed up @The Potteries Guinea Pig Rescue who didn't have any free spaces for any baby girls in urgent need of company.

Thankfully for Begw, Dylan and teenage Llelo (both neutered) had just parted ways so Begw (Peggy/'Little Pearl') came here as quickly as possible. It was love at first sniff for both; you can find their bonding video in the baby chapter (see chapter 6) of our bonding guide. Bonding and Interaction: Illustrated social behaviours and bonding dynamics

Dylan - himself a Potteries adoptee - sadly had to be pts aged 6 years the day before my Cornish family arrived a year ago but by then Beti (Betty) had joined the pair and could bolster the loss for Begw. The two sows are good friends. They have accepted their young 'neighbaby boy' Brangwyn, who they saw grow up since he was separated from his mum in April.

Since Begw has aways remained on the small side, I have eventually come to the conclusion that her age upon adoption was in fact likely 8 weeks. Even Brangwyn is now larger than her, and he is one of my smallest ever boars.

Back