• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Whats the Chances

• Thread starter Thread starter Flowdy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
AAAwww hugs to you too! I am sure he will be ok gosh he has been through so much poor little fella !

So sorry to hear about your piggy.

I lost one of my girls last year to an eye abcess. Firstly it was red, then it developed what looked like a white skin over the top and caused her to become completely blind.

I was also told that her eye would need to be removed but as she was a fragile 5 1/2 year old, she had to be put to sleep in the end. I to tried eye drops and antibiotics but with no success and it stressed her out.

How old is your piggy? Really think about their quality of life, i know its difficult, but just try your best.

Good luck.

Hiya. Just read through all the posts. What can I say? Cant imagine what you must be feeling but your heart must be breaking right now! All I can say is I'm thinking of you and your poorly little pig. Bless him - poor little fella. Got my fingers crossed very tightly! My girlies send him lots of love too :-*

Well he didn't come home today :( the vet phoned this morning saying he still hasn't eating and is not tolerating the syringe feed anymore.. He hates the syringe and his droppings were runny which they had to clean up all the time :( this really upset me i dreaded the worst, that i would have to put him to sleep cos i cant put the poor little fella through much more. . . The vet did say she would try one more thing(dunno what this is) I couldn't stay in the house so i went out with the parents, it was really hard to hold the tears in :( i just wanted to come home. We phoned the vet again at 4:30 (BST-British Summer Time (for non britons) ) The news was better. . . He was moving around alot more and had been eating some hay and was eating hay when she was on the phone. So this new thing must be working.. Things are looking up again so my fingers crossed still and will be until he is home. Which could be tomarrow depending on how well he is in the morning we have to ring up at 8:30am to see if we can bring him home.. so fingers crossed... He is one little fighter :D

Its crackle who i feel real sorry for he is feeling being lonley alot they have never been apart in the 3 years ive had them so i've been holding and playing with him alot more just so he doesn't get depressed. . .

Snap is one expensive piggy, Tomarrow could cost around £200+ and adding that to the first treatment with the eye removals it comes to around £500 and made me completley broke so lets hope nothing else happens

:-* from my girlies for little crackle too! He must be missing his little friend - chin-up darlin'! Thinking of you too little one ;)

Ok another update... So the vet phoned this morning... Good news again. He's been eating dandelion leaves :) its a start but he's eating and even better he's put some weight on :). . . I still can't pick up today they still want to keep him there until he eats more... They did say i could go up and visit but the problem is its like an hour away and hard to get to without a car and i dont drive at the moment and my dad is at work. . . Fingers still remained crossed

Thats great - poor little blighter! Maybe your dad could take you after work? Maybe you could talk to little snap over the phone so he could hear your voice... (or maybe not!!  98) ) 

With any luck he will be well enough to come home v.soon. Still got my fingers crossed very tightly!

Brilliant news. I still have my fingers crossed for the little fellow and I am sure once he gets home he will make a full recovery in no time. :smitten:

Ok so we phoned the vet again...and hes not eating again not even the dandelion leaves :'( but he is still taking the food and liquid via syringe but its not looking good again :( Got to phone back up tomarrow.

Its Crackle am really worried about now :( he is getting less and less active.. Am guessing he's getting depressed and i've had him out loads to play and just to hold etc but when i go in the room he doesn't run out his house or when i whistle he doesn't whistle back anymore :( and i don't know if am being paranoid or not but he's not eating as much as he usually does.. I can't take much more of this :(

Oh no! At least he's getting something inside him though even if it is by syringe.

so sorry to hear about little crackle.... I really dont know what to suggest to make him happier 98) :(
Is there any way maybe crackle could stay with snap for company? Or snap could come home to be syringe fed?

sorry I cant be of any help but I'm sure somebody will be able to suggest something. Keep updating us all wont you?

Snap and Crackle can't stay together sadly cos of Snap's stiches incase crackle goes for them not knowing what they are. . . When my dad goes out were gunna let crackle out to run around..

The vet did say if we can bring snap home we might have to syringe feed him which is fine by me. I just want them to be back to they normal self :( and everything to be ok again

Would be great if you could get little snap home to be treated... he might perk up a bit and eat more then - as well as crackle being happier (and of course... not forgetting you'll be happier too!).

Will be thinking of y'all  ;)  My girlies send their love again  :-*

So sorry to hear this. I am sure Snap will start making a recovery soon (just getting over the operation) and he is in the best place possible, once he is in a stable condition he will be allowed to come home. As for Crackle all you can do is spend as much time as possible. Fingers are still very much crossed. :)

Another quick update... We phoned the vet this morning. Good News :D he's eating again he's starting to eat solids such as lettuce and apple which is great..They still keeping him over night tonight but should be able to come home tomarrow so fingers crossed he does. He's also alot more active again and another piece of good news his poop is back to normal yay!

A small problem even though ive finished uni for the summer i had to go up there tomarrow as were going to a local photographers studio (am a photography student) just for a visit as he is our course director. . . which means no one will be in tomarrow morning when the vet will ring as i'll be on way to uni mam will be on way to work as will my dad.. so hopefully they leave a message on the answer machine and hopefully he will be home tomarrow night :)

I think he'll be better at home in an environment he knows, do try and persuade them to let you bring him home or maybe you could take your other guinea in to be with him somehow (with a mesh divider?). I always try and take mine in in twos as they're much happier that way. I do appreciate this isn't a routine thing though, just a thought. I hope all goes well :)

He died :'( :'( :'(
Apparently he got really worse over night lost loads of weight and stop eating and just didnt make it :'( I don't know what to do ive never lost a pig before.

Awwwww, I am so sorry to hear this. You tried so hard for the little man.
RIP Snap :'( :'( :'(
Have you posted a thingy in the rainbow bridge pets thread? You can share your feelings and get support from us lot.
I really feel for you :(

Oh Flowdy, I am so sorry to hear this, I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. You did all you could for Snap, you could not have done more. It was his time, heaven needed another angel and they picked him to end his suffering, it was just to much for him. Time is the best healer. We all know you loved him very dearly and he loved both you and Crackle with all his heart. He will miss you and Crackle greatly and we all know he will be greatly missed by you and Crackle. R.I.P. Snap. :'( Talking of Crackle how is he? Thinking of both of you and Snap. :)

Flowdy I have only just found this thread, I am so sorry you lost your little boy - such a little darling. Try not to beat yourself up you did everything you could for Snap. Hugs to you and Crackle.

Oh my god! :'( :'( :'( I'm so very sorry. I really dont know what to say *sniff*
Been checking this thread everyday to see what the latest was. I'm really upset :'( and so are my girlies

I really feel for you cos this is my first time as a piggy mum and they are only a year old - so your head must be all over the place! I wouldnt know what to do with myself either if it happened to me. But please take refuse in the fact that you did everything you could. I know it seems so unfair that he had to go. Its such a shame. The pain will get easier for you and little crackle over time I'm sure.

So so sorry x *sniff*

Sorry to read this Flowdy, you've done everything in your power for this guinea. You must think of Crackle now, he doesn't know about the death (I assume he hasn't seen the body?), and needs a companion before he starts to get depressed. Sorry to sound harsh at a time like this but its what needs doing and will help you focus on what you can do :)
Once again, sorry to hear your news, don't beat yourself up too much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back