• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Whats the Chances

• Thread starter Thread starter Flowdy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww you obviously love him very much. I would feel the same about the money. I just would hope that I had enough if something like that happened :)

Flowdy said:
Thanx guys for all your support, Thats a reason why they have kept him in over night to make sure he eats and drinks, but i will deffo ask about the critical care when i go pick him up tomarrow,

Yeah its alot of money but worth it, Prices in the north are quickly going up, I have a friend in the south and some things here cost alot more then down there now, but i had the money and i was willing to pay so i dont care about the money :)

Your such a good piggy mum. I think everyone on the forum feels the same way about the money, it is not as important as the guineas welfare. O0

Cavy Crazy said:
Your such a good piggy mum. I think everyone on the forum feels the same way about the money, it is not as important as the guineas welfare. O0

Am piggy dad :P

The same goes for all my other pets i bought them they mine so i will pay as much as needed for they health :)

Flowdy said:
Am piggy dad :P

The same goes for all my other pets i bought them they mine so i will pay as much as needed for they health :)

Sorry, piggy daddy. O0

Do ask about the aftercare of the eye too, it may need flushing at some stage if there was an abscess- not speaking from experience, just a question that I would ask :)

Oks thanx for all this advise guys, first time ive had to take one of my pigs to the vets in the 3 years of having them..

so i need to ask about critical care and aftercare of the eye. Cant wait to see him again :)

Again sorry for the double post.

He's Home :D yay. hes doing fine he's eating and drinking and very active just like a normal piggy should be which is huge relief. He still has to take the Metacam and Baytril. A small problem here though he doesn't like the metacam i tried to give him some at 12 like the vet said on some lettauce but he only took one bite which had one drop of it on but wont eat the rest now, he wont eat if off anything.. Any ideas?

Hes back at the vets on wednesday for a check up but hes home :D

Great news.

With metacam it's either best mixed in with some syringe feed and syringed or even put on cucumber :)

He doesn't tend to eat cucumber unlike the other one which eats everything ::) but he does now and then. Would it work if i try put it inside the apple or Cucumber instead of just on top?

Thanx :) i will have to try putting it inside some food as i don't have any syringe food. Thanx guys for all your help during this :)

Syringe food. You don't NEED to have 'special food' . I use normal pellets (science selective) and have added water to them so they are all mushed up and use that :)

Agreee with everything Kelly has said. Have you tried just giving it to him straight from the syringe? I know it has to be given with food but if you give him something to eat before and after it will be fine. :)

Glad he's home and well :) Give the Metacam from the syringe so you know he gets it, have some food ready to give him afterwards.

what wonderful news I take it the eye socket was sewn up like my Quincys was is it just keeping the wound clean and dry, it is hard getting one drop of metcam in them isn't it but I would try like the others said some on his fav food treat, luckly all of my pigs take metcam with no problem, I wish my man had made it and yes Susie did also have a one eye piggy , good luck hope he makes a 100% complete recovery, :-* for him for being brave

Hi sorry i've not been on for a couple of days, sorry to hear your little fella has been so ill :'(
I'm glad he pulled through the op O0 :smitten: :smitten:
Good luck, keep us all posted, i'm sure with lots of love and attention he'll be running around like normal quite quicly. I syringe the metacam and then offer a special treat like parsley straight after O0

Another Update.. He's still live and kicking, Still eating and drinking not as much as he normally does but give it time and he will be 100% back... I had him out for the first time to let him get used to walking and running around with one eye and to introduce him back to his brother as they still cant be on the same cage at the moment.. They had fun being together again :)

Picture

The eye - Still get upset seeing this but ill get used to it
DSC_0102.jpg

Playing with his carrot toy
DSC_0101.jpg

From running up and down between the cages
DSC_0105.jpg

His recovery cage - Cant but wood shavings in incase get stuck to the eye advised by the vet, but he has soft bedding in his house
DSC_0106.jpg

His normal house
DSC_0107.jpg

Cant forget about Crackle
DSC_0100.jpg

Brave little man O0 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Good to see him out and about, awwww i'm glad he got to play with Crackle today :smitten: :smitten: that will give him something to look forward too :smitten: :smitten:

Awww, they are both gorgeous and by the looks of it the vet did a wonderful job. I know it is heartbreaking to see him like that but at least you can still see him. :smitten:

From good news to bad :( everything was going ok. . . But for the past 2 days he hasnt been eating :( and had to take him to the vets today before his appointment on wednesday.. He's been kept there to get injections and syringe fed to try get him eating again... am hoping he will start to eat again or its not looking good for him :(

This is gunna cost £80-£100 a Night and i only have just over £200 in the bank so am hoping it will be one night..

I'm sorry to hear but I'm sure he'll pull round. Were you given plenty painkiller to keep him comfortable? It's just that if he is very sore then that would put him off his food.

I had to carry on giving him the metacam after his operation.. Then when i went to the vets last wednesday may 30th the vet told me to stop giving it to him as she says there shouldn't be any pain anymore..

I agree with DSL about painkillers, give him them and see if it makes a difference, make sure you're giving enough too. Don't know what the Metacam dose is but Rimadyl is 10mg x2 daily.

Agree, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you both. Poor little fellow he has been through so much, but I am sure he has plenty of fight left in him. O0

Flowdy said:
I had to carry on giving him the metacam after his operation.. Then when i went to the vets last wednesday may 30th the vet told me to stop giving it to him as she says there shouldn't be any pain anymore..

She says. I doubt the vet will know 100% if he is still in pain.

To be honest, I would keep giving metacam for another couple of days :)

He hates the metacam, on food or if i put it straight into the mouth via and syringe then give him food he just wouldn't eat... But its out of my control as hes at the vets... Which we rang up not long ago and hes taking to they food in the syringe they waiting for him to poop and hope he starts to eat solids... i hope he does so i can pick him up tomarrow

Flowdy said:
He hates the metacam, on food or if i put it straight into the mouth via and syringe then give him food he just wouldn't eat... But its out of my control as hes at the vets... Which we rang up not long ago and hes taking to they food in the syringe they waiting for him to poop and hope he starts to eat solids... i hope he does so i can pick him up tomarrow

Hugs to you. Hope he picks up soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back