• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

URGENT Sammy has diarrhoea

• Thread starter Thread starter minky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if this would help but I have done it with my children when babies and my dogs. If you rub the tummy in a circle movement that can get them going

:) He's probably not pooing because he's not eating. Feed him Critical Care/Supreme Science Recovery or mushed up pellets. Offer grated veg and chopped up veg. Probiotics are available online from SPH Supplies They need about 10ml a sitting if possible unless he's anorexic then little and often.

Try Metatone Tonic available from Boots. Check with Vedra for the dose. Let the vet keep the cuts open for you :) But you do need to part the cuts to get the syringe in, a two man job probably ;)

Give him Gripe water if he's bloated and Rennie Deflatine (1/2 tab).

Thanks for that Karen i have spoke to Vedra and she said what you just suggested !

Shall get that before i take him to the vet tomoroow afternoon

He has been eating i wouldnt say loads but eating at least something and definately drinking

Give him Gripe water if he's bloated and Rennie Deflatine (1/2 tab).

gripe water is brilliant it really helped farty artie when he was swollen with gas, and syringing the pus out is the best way of keeping the wound free from refilling with pus hold him over the sink and stick the end of the syringe in the hole, I use hibiscrub diluted in warm water then push it down and let it drain out, do it a couple of times and dry him off do it twice a day, I find it quite satisfying as i know the pus coming out shouldn't be there let us know what the vet says

Hopefully Shell will be back from the vets soon, lets hope it's good news :) :-*

Hiya We are back

well there was some more puss there, he wasnt expecting to see any today so he opening the wound again and drained it off Sammy never even moaned once ! the only time he made a fuss was when he gave him some lotion inside it was black i never thought to ask what it was. I mentioned he wasnt pooing so he has told me to force feed him some Science Recovery which i have just done, he said he didnt think he was gassy and i have to take him back on Thursday where he said with a smile that hopefully there should be nothing there, he even said he was amazed that the absess had been there as he and his partners had done lots of these and he had only had a handful come back in the 20 years he's been dealing with them. He unfortunatley for Sammy was not the one who did the castration it was his partner

So fingers crossed lets hope that Thursday will be the last time i go back with Sammy, whether i take Nigel there is another matter ! ;)

my darling squeaks abcress started refilling up and she had to have it lanced it had started closing so I couldn'nt syringe it out my son went in and decieded after seeing the gunk he would never ever eat a cream egg ever again,
fingers crosssed all will be well again and he gets the ok on thursday

michellemuffin said:
my darling squeaks abcress started refilling up and she had to have it lanced it had started closing so I couldn'nt syringe it out my son went in and decieded after seeing the gunk he would never ever eat a cream egg ever again,
fingers crosssed all will be well again and he gets the ok on thursday

You have just put me off cream eggs for life too! LOL

I really hope Sammy will be fine by Thursday! These piggies are such a worry! Wouldn't be without them though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back