• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Thea has a gunky eye

Lovely Thea we hope those eyedrops soon get working !
We say save all the nips and shrieking wheeks for when your slave gets back from holiday.
The cheek going off on hols !
We hope she brings you something nice back.
At least you’ll have a lovely holiday at Aunty Lilli’s
Sending healing wheeks
Bobby & Geoff

Thea's eye is very much improved. It's not gunking so much (is that even a word?😂). She has taken her own advice about eyedrops . She moves her head around when I'm trying to clean her eye and she blinks just before the eyedrop goes in but eventually lets me get a drop in. Lilli has done a wonderful job helping to get her eye better.

Great news that Thea’s eye is improving . She’ll be able to get back to her work for TGPU 😂

Although Thea's eye is very much improved, it's still gunky just not as much. The poor girl starts complaining as soon as I pick her up now. She's really had enough of this cleaning of her eye 4 times a day and eyedrops 4 times a day too. It's getting harder to put the eyedrops in as she knows what is coming and blinks and thrashes her head around. I hate to hold her head steady but I have to in order to get the drops in. If only she would understand that it's in her best interests. She always gets a bit of coriander afterwards but its not much in the way of compensation. I feel so bad for her.

Oh no poor baby... And poor you, I can imagine. My little accident prone potato (always Geezer) had so many hay pokes and hated those eye drops. I think they sting a bit. Come on Thea, it's really for your own good and your slave is feeling bad enough. Just a little longer sweetie! ❤️

After 2 vet trips, 5 days of bathing with cold tea twice a day, a 7 day course of Isathal, 2 bottles of Exocin and a "you can't have any more eyedrops unless we do a swab test first" at 150 quid I might add (which I refused), daily bathing of the eye up to four times a day, Viscotears since the last bottle of eyedrops ran out, I pulled this out of Thea's eye this morning. :yikes: :yikes:

20230620_075153.webp

This seed head had been in Thea's eye for 3 months! I didn't see it, the vets didn't see it but poor Thea must have been very uncomfortable. I bet she feels a lot better with that gone! I reckon it was the Viscotears, along with the regular bathing that must have finally flushed it out.

Oh wow poor Thea. I’m sure she’s so much more comfortable now. It must have been tucked right in deep.

Oh my goodness! Shock horror, no wonder her eye wasn’t getting better. I’m sure she’ll be on the mend now Jacky, poor little lady

Make sure you send them the photo 🤨

Gosh poor Thea. Amazing that something that size could remain stubbornly hidden. She must be relieved (and you). Healing hugs to Thea 💕

Oh my goodness, what a shock. I’ll bet Thea feels hugely relieved. Hopefully that’s the end of it now and she will finally be able to return to normal (and your vet account can also have a breather). Poor girl, that must have been tucked away somewhere and must have been very uncomfortable.

Ah poor Thea - thank goodness you spotted it ! Your care and devotion did that 🥰Sending big hugs to Thea and to you ….you must have been so worried the eye wasn’t improving

Oh bless her! Hopefully it’s not done to much damage and she will have a good eye very soon!

Ouch ☹️ what a horrible thing to have stuck in her eye. Fingers crossed she will recover quickly now its gone. Sending lots of best wishes to her and hugs to you

Over the last few days, Thea's eye hasn't had as much gunk coming out of it as before and some days there hasn't been any at all. This is great progress. She is getting very fed up of her eye being bathed twice a day. Hopefully it won't be for much longer now. She does get some Coriander or Parsley for being such a good girl afterwards.

It's taken 4 months but FINALLY Thea's eye is better. I haven't had to bathe it today and yesterday I only did it once. It's been a long haul but we've got there. Poor Thea was really fed up of her eye being bathed and has lost some fur under it where the gunk got stuck to it but it'll grow back.

For the last few weeks, Thea has had a gunky eye. At first I thought it was dried cleaning fluid as I couldn't see anything in her eye. Then the gunk turned from a white to a whitey yellowy colour so off to the vet we went. Rachel (vet) agreed with me that there was nothing in the eye, she even put some dye in it to check for an ulcer and there was nothing. She told me to gently wipe it in cold tea twice a day for a 5 days (which is a very old remedy for eye problems as the tannins in it are supposed to be good for the eye) as she was reluctant to give antibiotic eyedrops when there was nothing obviously wrong with it. After 5 days of cold tea treatment, it hadn't got any better so I contacted the vets again. Last Wednesday, I picked up some Isathal and have been cleaning her eye (to get rid of the gunk) 3 times a day and also applying Isathal 3 times a day. It's not any better. I have an appointment tomorrow at 12.45 with Catherine to see where we go from here. The added complication to all this is that I'm off to Vienna on Thursday (with @Merab's Slave to visit @Viennese Furbabies) and Thea will be going into Boarding so I need to let Aunty Lilli know what to do in my absence.
Maybe allergies?

Back