Survivors Group Therapy

Ramia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I'm Stripe and I want to make a club because I feel left out.

I thought we could talk about illnesses we've had and what we went through.

I had an ear infection and couldn't walk then a wound on my scrotum.

My slave gave me antibiotics and cream on my wound but I'm fine now. I still don't feel like popcorning yet.

What illness did you have and how did your slave help you?

Hi Stripe, it's Polo and Truffle here. Truffle: I get a bit psycho-piggy when Polo and I are together, so our slave put up a barrier, so we are apart, but still nearby. I would love to have a guinea girlfriend to cuddle with.
Polo: I have little nicks on my ears. My slave asked if I'd been bitten by another guinea pig when I was in a previous home. Being a semi solo piggy can be difficult at times. I like to look through the bars to see Truffle and try to chew through them sometimes, but when we are together, I get quite psycho-piggy too 🙁

Yes, I can relate. I am now separated because the vet told my slave my brother was bullying me when I was sick. He would hump me when I couldn't walk and I couldn't move away. And I was top pig! But being a bar buddy is peaceful. Last night I was peeking at my brother but he didn't see me because he was burrowing under the fleece.

Dear Stripe,
I sometimes need medicine when I get painful wees. Most piggies think that one is nasty but I like it and The Slaves only need to show me the syringes and I will take them without leaving my home. Didn't naughty Chesney let you know that there is a "non-stripey nose club"?
He is nearly as mischievous as my unruly companion!
Rumble, rumble, rumble,
Dignified Sir George

Sir George, he certainly is mischievous! He thinks I'm a momma's boy and a nerd for being so tame. He fights his health check and won't be held. I had medicine, too. I would take a long time to chew it before my slave could give me the second medicine. But it wasn't so bad.

Hope you're feeling fine now! Keep on trucking.

Polo: I travelled on a train today. I was so scared, but my slave was very attentive and kind and it helped me to cope. I visited the vet and had a lot to say, especially once back in my carrier on the way out the door, I rumbled away. Now I'm home, I had a sleep and some hay and veg and some more sleep. Quite an adventure!

Thank you Stripe, you are a kind piggy! Yes, my slave gave me as much veggies as I wanted and there are bits of them still scattered around the cage. It's going to be cleaned just now though luckily. I like to stretch out without lying on cold bits of bell pepper and cucumber 😄

Lucky you! My slave took away my cardboard carrot because I was eating too much. But she ordered birch logs, one for each of us! She said those can stay in the cage! They should arrive in a couple days. I hope she puts my puzzle in the cage today! I guess I must be a genius. Chesney can't figure out the puzzle. Mom also ordered more foraging herbs and some treats!

Hope you enjoy stretching out and pigging out and chilling out!

Dear fellow survivors,
I had a very traumatic ordeal yesterday. The Slaves gave me what started out as a floor time treat. Instead of my tray, I had a lovely big pile of hay to dive in. This doesn't usually happen when I visit the floor. Then I noticed that my noisy neighboar was in there with me, I was so happy that I showed him my best haka then jumped for joy and gave him a lovely nose bump (well, we can't fist bump....) I then set about the serious business of diving into that lovely big pile of hay with him. Everything was going really well until we bumped into each other under the hay. He got scared and jumped out then started chattering his teeth at me. I came out of the hay then showed him I was no threat by giving myself a good wash before walking away. He calmed down and had a good munch on some more hay. I really want to live together again but after this every time I went too close to him he got upset again. I kept giving him friendly signs but eventually he got too upset and tried to attack me!
The Mummy Slave picked me up so I didn't need to get into a fight and I gave her a lovely cuddle. The Daddy Slave comforted my friend as he was very upset.
I understand that the poor lad had a bad start and didn't get a chance to learn any manners as he was on his own, so I have always been very patient with him. I hope he learns to trust me one day so we can run around together again.
Rumble, rumble, rumble,
Disappointed Dignified Sir George

Oh, sir George, you've been through a lot! Maybe your neighbor will apologize some day and try to make it up to you. You did your best and it's no fault of your own. I'm glad your slaves were there to whisk you away when danger came. Master Boris should be renamed master of chaos!

Your fellow survivor,
Stripe

Hi, Bann here. I like to injure my eye with hay. The human keeps trying to get me to eat softer hay but I don't like it so if my eye is feeling a little icky, I try to stop him from being able to see that my eye is bad. He tells me that means he notices it more, but...that can't be right, can it?

But I'm good about my meds. Eye drops don't scare me like they used to and the human always follows up the drop with a little metacam although he tells me not to let The Vet know. Whatever. I love the Metacam, I see no reason to make a fuss.

The one day I got a URI and even though the human warned me the syringe would taste yucky I didn't listen. And it's yucky. But he also gave me metacam again after the yucky stuff, so....

I'm easily bought, apparently.
- Bann (the goblin)

Hi Bann,

I can relate, as I got hay poke on my way to the vet two months ago. I was scared so I was running around my carrier. I didn't mind the eye drops too bad and I got the all clear my next visit.

Could you try and nibble the soft hay? You seem to be your own worst enemy. As group therapy leader I sometimes have to give truthful advice.

Hoping you stay healthy and happy this holiday season!

Stripe

Survivors,

Here is my therapy tip of the day. When you are feeling better, chew, toss, and chew your toys! My slave found a brand new, unused toy in our box today! I've been chewing and tossing all day. It relieves stress and makes me happy! Don't forget to drag it into your hide and play, play, play! Toys rule!

Stripe

Polo: I had my third dosd of gabapentin this afternoon and then about an hour later had veggies - cucumber, bell pepper, romaine and coriander. I puffed up a little bit, but not much. I'm now puddling on my wood shavings bed (nice springy extra soft Nature's Own shavings) and may be having gabapentin dreams.

Thanks! I'm in my hide right now, I might need some time to chill by myself. I am no longer on any medication or cream. The vet lady checked my ears and I still don't have an ear infection and my wound is healed. Hoping I don't have to go to the vet till June when me and Chez have our exam.

Well, I'm a little tired. Starting to close my eyes in my hide.

We can survive!

Survivors,

Here is my therapy tip of the day. When you are feeling better, chew, toss, and chew your toys! My slave found a brand new, unused toy in our box today! I've been chewing and tossing all day. It relieves stress and makes me happy! Don't forget to drag it into your hide and play, play, play! Toys rule!

Stripe
Joe can relate. Bang that toy and make some noise! It feels so good you have to take a little senior-zoomie in slomo and end up with some popcorns like a crazy baby.

Kongo;
tonight I dragged out mostly all of my hay from my hay-holder and now I'm so busy walking around in it I didnt even take notice to my parsley at first. I'm to fat to make real popcorns, but my slave can see me have some kind of happy-seizures under all my hay....

Polo: I had my third dosd of gabapentin this afternoon and then about an hour later had veggies - cucumber, bell pepper, romaine and coriander. I puffed up a little bit, but not much. I'm now puddling on my wood shavings bed (nice springy extra soft Nature's Own shavings) and may be having gabapentin dreams.
Hope you don't mind the medicine. It's scary but it'll help you. Enjoy your bedding! Sweet dreams and keep on surviving!

Thanks! I'm in my hide right now, I might need some time to chill by myself. I am no longer on any medication or cream. The vet lady checked my ears and I still don't have an ear infection and my wound is healed. Hoping I don't have to go to the vet till June when me and Chez have our exam.

Well, I'm a little tired. Starting to close my eyes in my hide.

We can survive!
Polo: That's wonderful news! You must be so pleased to be free of pain. I had the otoscope thingy shone in my mouth to check my molars. It's a bit weird. I hope Chez is popcorning lots for both of you!

Joe can relate. Bang that toy and make some noise! It feels so good you have to take a little senior-zoomie in slomo and end up with some popcorns like a crazy baby.

Kongo;
tonight I dragged out mostly all of my hay from my hay-holder and now I'm so busy walking around in it I didnt even take notice to my parsley at first. I'm to fat to make real popcorns, but my slave can see me have some kind of happy-seizures under all my hay....
Kongo, you are plumptious. We love you exactly as you are!

Hi, I'm Tomie! I was losing weight like crazy and my slave couldn't figure out why... I went for some blood work (which I don't recommend at all!) and it turns out there is something wrong with my thyroid that makes it work a lot harder than it should. Now my slave has to give me meds twice a day and although I'm still a skinny little piggy, I've stopped losing weight and am at least holding steady. I don't love taking meds but my slave says it's necessary!

Here's a pic of me getting chin pats. I like chin pats a lot better than medicine and blood work!
1729187553924.webp

Hi, I'm Tomie! I was losing weight like crazy and my slave couldn't figure out why... I went for some blood work (which I don't recommend at all!) and it turns out there is something wrong with my thyroid that makes it work a lot harder than it should. Now my slave has to give me meds twice a day and although I'm still a skinny little piggy, I've stopped losing weight and am at least holding steady. I don't love taking meds but my slave says it's necessary!

Here's a pic of me getting chin pats. I like chin pats a lot better than medicine and blood work!
View attachment 258607
You must have been petrified of that needle!

I hope you get used to your meds and maybe gain a little weight!

You must have been petrified of that needle!

I hope you get used to your meds and maybe gain a little weight!
The needle was awful, I got anesthesia for the first blood test but they didn't get enough blood to run the full panel so I had to give more blood... apparently they didn't anesthetize me for the next one and I came home VERY upset! We are working on adjusting my med dose now to hopefully find a dose where I put some weight back on!

Back