• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Surgery for Bladder stone in urethra

Just thought I’d update! Pumpkin is back to her normal self, no weight loss, eating and isn’t cracking or hooting.

Cherry had a gut upset from the antibiotics which seems to be under control now, she is continuing to eat by herself with daily top up feeding.
Cherry weight
Saturday 13th 1067g
Sunday 14th 1023g
Monday 15th 1037g
Tuesday 16th 1049g
Wednesday 17th 1059g
Thursday 18th 1055g

I posted in January this year about pumpkin, I rescued her from a neglected home, in a tiny cage where she couldn’t move and she was in a bad state. I tried to bond her with cherry and blossom but it didn’t work and cherry and pumpkin fought and drew blood and I didn’t think pumpkin would ever bond with anyone as she was very fear aggressive. But here she is with her little friend honey they’ve been together now about 10 weeks and it’s such a lovely bond they’ve got I’ve never seen two pigs zoom and popcorn as much as these two together. I’m so happy for pumpkin

Attachments

• IMG_9249.webp
    IMG_9249.webp
    108.3 KB · Views: 2
I posted in January this year about pumpkin, I rescued her from a neglected home, in a tiny cage where she couldn’t move and she was in a bad state. I tried to bond her with cherry and blossom but it didn’t work and cherry and pumpkin fought and drew blood and I didn’t think pumpkin would ever bond with anyone as she was very fear aggressive. But here she is with her little friend honey they’ve been together now about 10 weeks and it’s such a lovely bond they’ve got I’ve never seen two pigs zoom and popcorn as much as these two together. I’m so happy for pumpkin

Great news indeed! You can be proud of having got your piggies through a taxing crisis. It really has made all the difference. Cherry is still a healthy weight.

Pumpkin and Honey are gorgeous. Thrilled to hear that Cherry is doing some much better, what a rollercoaster you have been through. Hope Pumpkin feels better soon x

Pumpkin has the all clear from the vet :yahoo: they’ve also said that I shouldn’t still be support feeding cherry as she is eating by herself but I don’t feel confident stopping, her weight has slightly dropped even with support feeding. It’s been 7 weeks now, these are her latest weights
Friday 19th 1055g
Saturday 20th 1020g
Sunday 21st 1022g
Monday 22nd 1035g
Tuesday 23rd 1022g
Wednesday 24th 1023g

This is great news, the vet feels she has recovered. I would gradually ween her off the support food and keep a check on her daily weight and see how it goes. The occasional top up is fine if you think she needs it but she how she manages gradually on her own

Well done you!

This is great news, the vet feels she has recovered. I would gradually ween her off the support food and keep a check on her daily weight and see how it goes. The occasional top up is fine if you think she needs it but she how she manages gradually on her own

Well done you!
Thankyou it’s been hard with two poorly piggies! Luckily pumpkin didn’t need support feeding much at all but cherry has been since surgery. Cherry is having about 30-35mls a day so far as that’s all she will take in a few sittings. I’m just worried she isn’t maintaining her weight and think the anxiety of her losing lots of weight is worrying me. 😞

She is eating independently which is great though!

Thankyou it’s been hard with two poorly piggies! Luckily pumpkin didn’t need support feeding much at all but cherry has been since surgery. Cherry is having about 30-35mls a day so far as that’s all she will take in a few sittings. I’m just worried she isn’t maintaining her weight and think the anxiety of her losing lots of weight is worrying me. 😞

She is eating independently which is great though!
It is a worry, but see how she gets on. Just reduce the feeds gradually, it would be far better for you and her if she manages on her own, if not you can give her top ups to help :hug:

It is a worry, but see how she gets on. Just reduce the feeds gradually, it would be far better for you and her if she manages on her own, if not you can give her top ups to help :hug:
I reduced to 24mls Wednesday and her weight stayed the same, I did 21ml and her weight didn’t go down again so hopefully she is eating enough for herself, I will keep reducing slightly and daily check to see :nod:

It’s been about a week without any support feeding for cherry and she is doing so well! She hasn’t been on any meds for a few weeks too. Still doing her daily weigh just incase but she seems to be doing very well! Ive cut down massively on the pellets as they were having too many, would there be an issue with going completely pellet free?

Cherry’s weights without top up feed
Monday 29th 1025g
Tuesday 30th 1042g
Wednesday 31st 1047g
Thursday 1st 1022g
Friday 2nd 1025g
Saturday 3rd 1009g
Sunday 4th 1019g
Monday 5th 1040g

Thankyou everyone for all your support and help i couldn’t have done this without this forum!

It’s been about a week without any support feeding for cherry and she is doing so well! She hasn’t been on any meds for a few weeks too. Still doing her daily weigh just incase but she seems to be doing very well! Ive cut down massively on the pellets as they were having too many, would there be an issue with going completely pellet free?

Cherry’s weights without top up feed
Monday 29th 1025g
Tuesday 30th 1042g
Wednesday 31st 1047g
Thursday 1st 1022g
Friday 2nd 1025g
Saturday 3rd 1009g
Sunday 4th 1019g
Monday 5th 1040g

Thankyou everyone for all your support and help i couldn’t have done this without this forum!
You can go completely pellet free or do what I do, hand feed a single pellet as a treat. That way you reduce her pellet intake down to say 5 pellets a day but they really don’t need them at all. they get plenty of Vit C from veggies, rinse your veggie before serving so she gets an extra drink too

You have both done so well. You are such a dedicated owner, Cherry is very worth all that effort and care x

You can go completely pellet free or do what I do, hand feed a single pellet as a treat. That way you reduce her pellet intake down to say 5 pellets a day but they really don’t need them at all. they get plenty of Vit C from veggies, rinse your veggie before serving so she gets an extra drink too

You have both done so well. You are such a dedicated owner, Cherry is very worth all that effort and care x
Thankyou it’s been such a rollercoaster these past weeks. I think I will do that with the pellets they do like them as a treat, I’ve just been sprinkling a couple round their cages for the time being, but making sure they only have a few each x

Thankyou it’s been such a rollercoaster these past weeks. I think I will do that with the pellets they do like them as a treat, I’ve just been sprinkling a couple round their cages for the time being, but making sure they only have a few each x
Well either way is good at reducing pellets, sprinkling them around the cage is something for them to do 😊 I’m so glad you are off that horrible rollercoaster

Back