• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Surgery? (Bladder stone)

UPDATE Farley came back from the vet yesterday. He’s pooping but his poops are very small. Also the vet gave him a bath. Farley’s been munching on a bit of hay here and there and eating his dinner when we have him out of the cage. We are going to feed him dinner out of the cage until he gets better since he rarely eats when we put him in the cage. A7A1B50D-336D-44FE-A7EC-058035F40182.webpSalad hat :)

If he has isn't eating enough you may need to supplement his food intake with syringe feeding. This can be Critical Care or softened pellets.
There is a syringe feeding guide you on the forum but I don't know how to attach the link

Glad to hear Farley is getting better.
Looking after a post op piggy can be stressful and time consuming but it’s worth every minute.
Syringe feeding is good to help them get back to eating again.
Jemimah’s poops took a few days to get back to normal after her op but be glad he’s pooping.

Alright pigs are in the penn together. Farley started with a few quick humps. Clifford is just accepting it. I honestly think he’s s bit confused cause he has not moved yet.

Clifford started cleaning himself next to Farley. Farley is just humping him. Was I wrong all along? Was Farley always the more dominant pig? Currently the pigs are Just sitting next to each other, not touching the hay. I think now they are both falling asleep.

Pigs sitting next to each other after a brief humping spree. The spree ended by Clifford making a high pitched submissive squealing

Update: both pigs are eating hay. They still have there humping, running, and chin raising sessions followed by a brief break. Then they go back to there sessions but they get shorter and shorter each time.

Both pigs are sitting on opposite sides of the cage falling asleep? How do I know when it’s ok to put them back in the cage together?

Back