• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Surgery? (Bladder stone)

UPDATE: Farley is going into surgery. If all goes well we can hopefully pick him up by tomorrow. I’m just worried about the anestesia because it always comes with a risk. He’s a strong little dude so I believe in him. He’s around 4 or 5 which is quite old, but I have confidence in him.
Prayers that all goes well! Doesn't sound like you have much of a choice. Keep us posted! Hugs to you!

UPDATE: Farley is going into surgery. If all goes well we can hopefully pick him up by tomorrow. I’m just worried about the anestesia because it always comes with a risk. He’s a strong little dude so I believe in him. He’s around 4 or 5 which is quite old, but I have confidence in him.

While anaesthetic does carry a risk it has been known for piggies to come round even when they are elderly. I had a 4.5 year old have an emergency spay and she sailed through but I know members on here have had piggies up to 8 years old operated on. It's always a worrying time for us piggy slaves but he's in the best possible hands

While anaesthetic does carry a risk it has been known for piggies to come round even when they are elderly. I had a 4.5 year old have an emergency spay and she sailed through but I know members on here have had piggies up to 8 years old operated on. It's always a worrying time for us piggy slaves but he's in the best possible hands
I also believe that this is a good vet because the lady who we adopted our pigs from uses this vet. Thanks for the encouragement 😊

So pleased to hear your boy has come through his op okay. My boar came home today from his bladder op too. Sendin Farley masses of healing vibes.

Hoping that your little fellow comes home as planned later today. Healing vibes.

so pleased to hear your little man has made it through surgery. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery xx

Hey guys Farley pig is now home :) The doctor used staples and they are going to be removed next week, so he will be fully healed by then. We are going to keep Clifford and Farley seperate for a few days to make sure Farley is peeing and pooping. He ended up peeing as soon as he went in the cage. He’s a bit sore, which I expected so he’s still not going to be his active piggy self until his wound is in the healing process. I’m so happy. Thank you guys so much for wishing him luck throughout the surgery.

Hey guys Farley pig is now home :) The doctor used staples and they are going to be removed next week, so he will be fully healed by then. We are going to keep Clifford and Farley seperate for a few days to make sure Farley is peeing and pooping. He ended up peeing as soon as he went in the cage. He’s a bit sore, which I expected so he’s still not going to be his active piggy self until his wound is in the healing process. I’m so happy. Thank you guys so much for wishing him luck throughout the surgery.
Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Hope Farley starts pooping soon for you.
My Jemimah recently had an emergency spay and it took a few days before she started pooping again.
It’s a very anxious time caring for a post op piggy

Back