Show your crafts (WIP or finished)

Yours are a lot more professional than my first effort! Think I may have to go & buy some thicker wadding & have another go.
Your cuddle cup looks lovely, and amazing for your first effort. I sew 6oz polyester sheet Dacron on the outside and inside wall of the cup to keep it nice and firm 😊

Your cuddle cup looks lovely, and amazing for your first effort. I sew 6oz polyester sheet Dacron on the outside and inside wall of the cup to keep it nice and firm 😊
Thank you, next fabric shop trip, I will see what I can find. 🌻
It has taken taken me a while to get round to sewing this one….. it may be another 6months before the boys get a second one!

IMG_20220212_160308627.webpClass 3 today - making an Ohio StarIMG_20220212_154408430.webp

The pictures are the wrong way round but the second pic is positioned, the first pic is them stitched in pairs, so I now have to find the time to make the pairs into a block of 4 then stitch them altogether. I also have a couple of other blocks to make before the next class.
Still it's coming along and I'll definitely have something to show for it at the end!

Attachments

• IMG_20220212_160308627.webp
    IMG_20220212_160308627.webp
    121.7 KB · Views: 8
Thank you, next fabric shop trip, I will see what I can find. 🌻
It has taken taken me a while to get round to sewing this one….. it may be another 6months before the boys get a second one!
You can get it on eBay x

View attachment 195900Class 3 today - making an Ohio StarView attachment 195899

The pictures are the wrong way round but the second pic is positioned, the first pic is them stitched in pairs, so I now have to find the time to make the pairs into a block of 4 then stitch them altogether. I also have a couple of other blocks to make before the next class.
Still it's coming along and I'll definitely have something to show for it at the end!
It‘s brilliant, I don’t think I’d ever get the fabric flat, I suppose you must have to iron it quite a bit 🤔

It‘s brilliant, I don’t think I’d ever get the fabric flat, I suppose you must have to iron it quite a bit 🤔
Yes there's lots of ironing! Ironic as I normally avoid it at all other times.
I need to iron each of the pairs, before I stitch them together them will portion again when finished.

That's such a shame, they are so good, they need to be seen and appreciated by people.

I think I finally have a way of getting them to stay together even when they get wet, like in the shower. Tested one so far by leaving it standing in a glass of cold water, next thing to do is take it into the shower. Not wear it because I can't get it on and off myself, but just to see how it holds together. Assuming it works then I finally have my system down!

Except the glue in question is great to the point of being dangerous. Gloves aren't possible because the glue's more likely to pull the gloves apart, and even though I used it with a craft spatula it still ended up all over my hands. And it didn't come off til multiple washes later.

Okay I told slight porkies, heh. They were in a Tesco bag. They're now in a OneStop bag:

DSC_0512.webp

And an M&S bag:

DSC_0513.webp

You should look to ways perhaps selling or showing them off to youth groups or schools groups?

Assuming I ever get my backside in gear, they could be sold as fundraising stuff. You'd need to see them in person though because there's no set sizes, so selling them online isn't really an option.

Back