Rivervixen’s piggies

I’ve yet to hear of a piggie that doesn’t love metacam. Fingers all crossed for Ozzie, hope he is doing better very soon x

Dear Ozzie

I hear you've had enough! I don't blame you. All that yukky Baytril. Fortunately, I've never had to have Baytril and the only piggie that actually liked it was my Mentor The Ever Beautiful Betsy, so I'll take your word for it that it is completely disgusting. To be wrapped in a towel too so that you don't wriggle, well, that really is too much!

Next time your Slave tries to catch you for your revolting medicine, run away as quickly as you can and hide in the most inaccessible place in your cage and when your Slave thinks she has you run off again. You will have to let her catch you eventually for the yukky stuff because it's making you better. My Slave says "If it tastes horrible it does you good" but I'm not sure I believe her. Insist you get a nice treat afterwards by wheaking loudly at your Slave until she gets the message that you need something to take away the nauseating taste.

Yours hoping your Baytril torture is over soon

The One and Only Thea
Shop Steward

Dear Thea

I really have had enough! When we were made to go to the plum fairy (I still don’t know what that is, but I woke up feeling like some parts might not work the same as they did before I went to sleep!) we were given metacam for just under a wheek. It was so yummy! I thought that this time when I saw the syringe it was going to be the same yummy stuff but it was YUCKY! 🤢🤢 I made sure my slave knew how awful it was by giving her my most betrayed piggie eyes, getting it all over the other slave that was holding me and making a fuss. I make baytril time as difficult as I can! Now to the point of where I have to be shoved in a towel and unable to flail everywhere, all I can do is give the slave my most deflated look! I do get crunchy cucumbers afterwards but quite frankly I don’t think I’m being compensated enough… especially since this course of baytril doesn’t seem to be ending anytime soon!
I will write to the GPU until this torture ends…

The loudest brown potato on the planet,
Bruno

Dear Bruno

I'm so sorry I got your name wrong and called you Ozzie by mistake. I have never before got a name of a wronged piggie incorrect before. It must be because I am tired as Lexi is having one of her "funny times" and keeps rumbling at me and keeping me awake that I am a bit tired and distracted.

Yours hoping that the Ever Beautiful Betsy (Shop Steward Retired) wasn't sneaking a peek from the Rainbow Bridge

The One and Only Thea
Shop Steward

Dear Bruno

I'm so sorry I got your name wrong and called you Ozzie by mistake. I have never before got a name of a wronged piggie incorrect before. It must be because I am tired as Lexi is having one of her "funny times" and keeps rumbling at me and keeping me awake that I am a bit tired and distracted.

Yours hoping that the Ever Beautiful Betsy (Shop Steward Retired) wasn't sneaking a peek from the Rainbow Bridge

The One and Only Thea
Shop Steward

Dear Thea

No apologies needed! I understand how it is to have a piggie rumbling at me nonestop, my friend Ozzy shakes his bum like people should be throwing money at him! He likes to rumble at absolutely everything, our slave thinks it’s adorable but I used to see it as a challenge back when the divider wasn’t in.. now we just shake our bums at each other through the divider! I hope Lexi stops her rumbling soon and lets you have some rest, I’m about to show my slave how much I despise baytril!

The loudest brown potato on the planet
Bruno

Well my little monkey is now taking his medicine a lot better now we’re putting him in the towel burrito. It’s actually becoming bareable! He’s perked up a lot and haven’t heard any more honks but we’re going to complete the course :)
Here he is after his treat for being a good potato!

Attachments

• 70B5E8CE-EF44-4F9D-8CE2-64BDED5EA692.webp
    70B5E8CE-EF44-4F9D-8CE2-64BDED5EA692.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 7
So glad the meds are working and he’s perked up! Woop.

Awww thank you both ❤️ I feel so fortunate to of found this forum, the understanding and support I’ve received here is just so lovely! 😁
The support of this Forum is amazing when you are going through hard times with a piggie or piggies. It's good to chat with people who understand.

Just catching up - what a rollercoaster! Good to hear things are moving in the right direction. These things do seem to come all at once!

Just catching up - what a rollercoaster! Good to hear things are moving in the right direction. These things do seem to come all at once!
It’s been a wild ride! I’m so glad it’s finally going in the right direction… once I’m 100% sure he’s better I wouldn’t be surprised if I just made a bed burrito for a few days, am exhausted! Ahhh they’re worth it though :) wouldn’t be without my boys.

@Betsy it really is nice to be able to chat to people that understand/can give some reassurance. Everyone here really understands! It’s a lovely little family :) x

Is it a worry if a piggie that usually doesn’t drink much, starts drinking a lot? My ozzy usually drinks a lot less than Bruno and he’s emptied a whole bottle for the first time in… ever. He’s also even chomping the bars a lot and nothing I offer him is enough

Is it a worry if a piggie that usually doesn’t drink much, starts drinking a lot? My ozzy usually drinks a lot less than Bruno and he’s emptied a whole bottle for the first time in… ever. He’s also even chomping the bars a lot and nothing I offer him is enough

Is he actually drinking it or is it just pulling at it and it’s emptying?

If he is now suddenly drinking more than normal then it is a good idea to investigate why and if there is a medical cause

Is he actually drinking it or is it just pulling at it and it’s emptying?

If he is now suddenly drinking more than normal then it is a good idea to investigate why and if there is a medical cause
He’s drinking it, he’s never drank this much ever… like what he’s had now is usually 3 days worth for him :( going to ring the vet x

Ozzys bladder area seems to be sensitive so they want to try treatment before a blood test, suspected bladder infection. Asked them to check bruno while I have them there and he looks to have conjunctivitis again… he seems to have a blocked tear duct she said. I could cry, really don’t know what I’m doing wrong ☹️

You are not doing anything wrong, these things happen in waves sometimes. I am so sorry you are going through this. I had one illness after another last year with mine, at one point I was medicating and syringe feeding 5 at once. I felt like I was doing something wrong, the vets I saw (3!) assured me none of it was my fault but I know how hard it is not to think that.
You are a brilliant piggy slave and you are doing all that you can, hope things improve for you soon.

You are not doing anything wrong, these things happen in waves sometimes. I am so sorry you are going through this. I had one illness after another last year with mine, at one point I was medicating and syringe feeding 5 at once. I felt like I was doing something wrong, the vets I saw (3!) assured me none of it was my fault but I know how hard it is not to think that.
You are a brilliant piggy slave and you are doing all that you can, hope things improve for you soon.
Thank you so much :( it’s been one after another with my boys too. Wow 5 piggies, they’re so lucky to have you! That must have been exhausting, good job for managing it all ❤️ really hope things pick up soon… I haven’t found anything more challenging than trying to give a Guinea pig baytril, now there’s two on it!

I agree fully that with piggies, everything happens at once. You tend to get a couple of quiet months and then suddenly you’re nonstop with them for a while. It could be that the stress of the operations combined with the dominance stress they were having has triggered all of this. It’ll calm down soon though and it’s absolutely not your fault :)

I’ve never quite had this many issues pile up at once with them, I think that’s why I’m feeling like I’m doing something wrong… it definitely all started after the neutering too. Just going to keep plodding on and get them both better! Bruno is great apart from his conjunctivitis now but still needs to finish 3 more days of baytril. Ozzy is acting quite normal but I knew him powering through a whole bottle of water wasn’t right, he’s never done that! Ahhh my boys, I love them so much but they don’t half worry me :yikes:

Piggies! They do like to stress us.

Hope all starts improving now.
Thank you :hug:
Once one thing happens their immune systems weaken and other conditions creep in.
that makes a lot of sense! I was thinking that too. Also have this lingering after flu stuff so I’m not all there myself to begin with… bed burrito here I come!

Back