• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ralfie's eye (and teeth?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they have a speedy recovery. :smitten:

Hi Emma,

Aww sorry to hear about Sephy. If your mum and Jay are not about you should have given me a bell! Anytime the pigs aren't well drop me a line and I'll go the vet with you.

Keep us posted!

Louise
x

There you go, and a lovely vet too, better watch out though sounds like she is rather :smitten: :smitten: with sephy ;D ;D

Thanks Louise i really appreciate it :) and sammy she is smitten with Ralfie, you always hear her go 'oo Ralfie can i take this one?' in the back lol, then she comes out and gets him herself going 'where's my little miracle man' rather than shouting us in lol! she loves him! Hopefully they'll both be all better soon x

Awww that is good news you have a caring and experienced vet, glad it is nothing serious :smitten: :smitten:
Lots of loves to Ralfie and Stephy and hugs for you too Emma :)

I'm happy now as it sounds like you are smiling again,you sounded so down earlier :)

Lol, I'm still not completely happy, wont be until they're better but i was down earlier, just wish they could have more than a week of all being healthy ::) xx

Just got in and checked Sephy and she's got a crusty swollen eye :( she'll be having the drops with Ralfie now xx

How are they now?
((((( HUG )))))
Anne. :)

Aw no, just seen this thread - poor Ralfie! And Sephy!

Ralfie is one of my faves I must be honest :smitten: ,
poor little fella to get a sore eye, he has been in the wars.

How are they?

Thanks anne and katie, well Ralfie's eyes seem to be on the mend, they're still a bit red but a lot more open. Sephy's is still the same, squinty and crusty but its just the one eye so far and i started her on the eye drops as soon as i saw it today so hopefully i caught hers early enough for it to not get like Ralfies.The good news is Sephy has stopped sneezing more or less and Ralfie's are a lot less snotty sounding! Ralfie has become such a good boy for taking medicine and drops and being poked and prodded. i just had him on my knee then and he just took the baytril and drops without any complaint. Sephy is a madam and because she's so small its a nightmare trying to get baytril down her, i cant even towel wrap her because she just buries herself! Hopefully she'll get a bit more used to it! But all in all it looks as if they're improving *touch wood* ill let them know you're thinking about them and tell Ralfie he's one of your faves lol, all he's eating is carrot and hay today! no wonder he's orange! x

Me too :smitten:
Ahh Ralfie, well you know I love him. Glad they are both on the road to recovery O0

Ralfie's eyes are a lot better now, almost back to normal. Sephy's looks as if it's improving, still a bit swollen but gettin much beter. They're still sneezing and Ralfie has started making a funny noise but always when I'm not looking at him, cant work out wether its sneezing or coughing. i really hope its not coughing :( Bumble and Bee have started chasing eachother and baring teeth, they've been fine for 4 months, no idea why they've decided to have a go at eachother. I really hope everything starts getting back to normal soon I'm worn out, dont know what its like to have all healthy pigs :( x

Hi Sammy, well there's been no coughing in the last couple of days. Sephy hasnt sneezed in ages so i think her URI is better but one of her eyes is still a tiny bit red and swollen. Ralfie's still sneezing and a bit chesty but his eyes are better. They're going back the vets in a minute, i think she'll keep Sephy on the baytril and drops for another few days and maybe put Ralfie on septrin or some other strong antibiotic. Things haven't got any worse which i suppose is the main thing! I think i heard Bee do a couple of snotty sneezes last night though which means her and Bumble have caught the URI ::) will just see how they do and if they sneeze much more they'll be on baytril too. here we go again! Thanks for asking :) x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back