• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ralfie has another abscess, need advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi :) Julie- I'm feeling much better today thanks, bit worried about Sephy, just want her to have friends and be happy! Katie- Ralfie is doing well, his chest still sounds husky but it just sounds like he's lost his voice bless him! His abscess seems to be clearing up really, there's nothing coming out of it but it is hurting him to clean. He's had some floor time tonight which means he's waddled around rumbling for an hour lol! and had a sleep on my knee :smitten: seems more or less the same really to be honest! thanks for asking :) xx

Hi again, tried Sephy with the girls today, she attacked Bumble :o realy was not expecting that at all! Why is it always me who gets the strange pigs?! Bumble seemed a bit taken aback because she is such a quiet background piggie and was just sitting quietly at the time, she isnt even the dominant pig, but she packs a punch and is rather fat so they soon turned into a ball of fighting fur :( separated them and Sephy was kicking and biting trying to get back to Bumble :o she's definately from liverpool the monkey! Dont know what i'm going to do now, my mum says no more pigs but I'm working on it! I wont let her live on her own! x

Oh Emma, not having much luck are you?
Hope you manage to sort something soon.
Anne. :)

I dont really know what to do, my mum says no more but i could easily get round her if i knew there was a good chance it would work, there arent any rescues round here and i ave a feeling Sephy would be a dominant pig, anyone got any suggestions as to wether a baby or adult sow would be best? She has now attacked both of my adult sows on separate occasions :(

Hi emma ,
I wish I could suggest something to help...but you know me...clueless ;D ;D
love sammy xx

Is there no chance at all she can go back in with Ralfie ?

Not at the mo, and its breaking my heart to see her sitting there not eating properly when she used to be so vocal and bouncy :'(

Oh emma I wish I was closer,I'd come and give you a big hug :-* I guess if she's being mean to bumle and bee,does that mean she wouldnt accept any girls,sorry I'm no good at the bonding bit,I was lucky I just put the babies in with georgie and it was love at first sight,is getting her a neutered boar an option or would that then upset Ralfie ?

Well after a third attempt i think she was scared of Bumble and Bee more than anything, she was making scared noises and seemed on the defence rather than attack, Bee went for her and bumble got in front of her and stud up to Bee which makes me think they know she's a baby ::) I'm a bit concerned about Ralfie today, his chest sounds really clicky :( his eyes seem better though and his abscess seems to be doing well. He needs a stronger antibiotic :( x

How's Ralfie today, Emma?
Poor Sephy, I hope you manage to sort things out.
Anne. xx

Ralf is his usual self thanks, havent had a chance to have a close inspection of him yet but he came running up shouting for his hay with the girls so seems ok :) really wish i could just make him better! With regards to Sephy, all i can think to do is ring round rescues and see if i can try her with a few of theirs :( but there arent many single sows out there, it seems i have the only ones who wont get on with others ::)

Hopefully if he is shouting for his food, that is a good sign. :smitten:
There aren't many rescues here. There is the main one at Leigh,
Good luck. O0

Are you anywhere near me Anne? there is Lymm which i could get to, and guineas for life is in st helens i could get there but you can never get in touch with them, and there is fair tree in maghull ad ive just found one on the wirral which wouldnt be far. hhmm ... theres the one i got Ralf from but they keep sows i think :-\

Think I'm not too far away.
Leigh animal sanctuary is on the A580 east lancs road.
Their phone no is 01942 671215. You could always give them a ring and see if they have any piggies in.

Hi Anne, rang that rescue, they didnt have any piggies in :( but Jane gave me number and they have two babies so will be trying them through the week, Sephy is taking a trip to South Yorkshire to pick a friend lol! But my main news is Ralfie :) the chubster has put on 55g this week and is getting his tubby belly back :smitten: :smitten: he seems very happy in himself and is eatinf more and more each day, his chest sounds less clicky i gave him 0.4mls of baytril last night instead of 0.3ml because it wasnt doing anything and he seems better today :) his abscess has almost cleared too, I'm so pleased with my little smiley boy today, been hugging him to death lol! x

That's great news Emma. :)

Enjoy a day out in Yorkshire.

Thats great news O0
Could Stephy not go back with Ralfie once he is all better? :-\

Thanks everyone, been back the vets today, he's been put on septrin because his URI isnt clearing and he's developed anothe abscess on his back :( we havent even got his second one cleared yet. But he still seems happy himself, he'd had to have one of his shoulder rosettes shaved off so we can see this new abscess to clean it :( i dont think its a good idea putting Sephy back in with Ralf, he seems happy on his own and is eating more hence the weight gain, plus i do think he is an infection magnet and it wouldnt be fair to put Sephy in with him just to catch them all :( x

:( awww poor Ralfie, did the vet say why he keeps getting abscesses?
I can see why you don`t want to put Stephy back in with him.....come on Ralfie, get all better for mummy :-*

She thinks he has a deep infection which is sort of in his system so keeps making him get different infections, all we can do is give him meds and hope for the best. I'm not upset though because he's so happy and looks so healthy despite it all hes my little fighter :smitten:

We all love Ralfie :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

You tell Ralfie, that my four have their paws crossed for him. :smitten: :smitten:

Just tried Sephy with a baby at a rescue and she didnt like her at all, basically she bullied her, kept biting the baby for no reason and wouldnt let her get food or anything :( am i being too soft? should i have left them to see if they worked it out? It was breaking my heart seeing a poor little baby being bitten for no reason, she kept standing on her too :( i just dont know what to do now, she attacks bumble and bee and now she attacks babies too :-\ do i have the only sow in the world who doesnt get on with other girls? :(

I had the most beautiful red and white sow - however she hated every other GP that came within a mile of her! So take heart, you're not the only one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back