Progress Report!

Kellykels

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Firstly the peuvian is Womble and his partner in crime is Stripe. (called so because of the random stripe down his nose)Womble is more dominant and the first to come out and explore, although they are both still skittish.

However, Womble took food out of my hands for the first time today. :) he did it once then wouldn't do it again.

They're getting bolder when I'm there and coming out to eat when I'm sitting in the study. (where they live) They bolt back in bed when I approach. It's progress. I love them. The trust I have to build makes it more special.

mason-perry_orig.webp

Peruvian. The Peruvian is Womble. I don't know why the edit button isn't coming up in tools maybe because I'm using my phone, not my computer...

Oh my the are cute with a capital C! :love: :drool: :love:

I love Stripes stripe! And Womble is just sooooooo adorable

Womble having taken food is really good news! Sounds like it is going really well, the running away is totally normal, they will get used to you being there with them. Hope to see lots more of Womble and Stripe on the forum

Oh my the are cute with a capital C! :love: :drool: :love:

I love Stripes stripe! And Womble is just sooooooo adorable

Womble having taken food is really good news! Sounds like it is going really well, the running away is totally normal, they will get used to you being there with them. Hope to see lots more of Womble and Stripe on the forum
I worry I go back a few steps when I take then the vet on Saturday as I will have to get then out the cage and put them in the carry case and they don't like me picking them up or the carry case...

I worry I go back a few steps when I take then the vet on Saturday as I will have to get then out the cage and put them in the carry case and they don't like me picking them up or the carry case...

Nope you won't... they will settle again. Is it just a check over? Nothing wrong i hope?

Nope you won't... they will settle again. Is it just a check over? Nothing wrong i hope?
Check over, registering, nail clip and Womble has two little sores on his back. I'm hoping someone's just given him a nip in the past at the rescue or Stripe got annoyed with him. They were there when I got him on Sat. Just want a vet's opinion.

Good call, wont hurt to get the sores looked at. No sign of dandruff etc...?

Gosh they are gorgeous and I love their names, very appropriate :)

Womble took food out of my hand again tonight. :)
A single piece of carrot. He's not letting me get too confident that I've gained his trust, making me work for it. Lol.
I hope he'll still trust me this much after the vet visit!

Peruvian. The Peruvian is Womble. I don't know why the edit button isn't coming up in tools maybe because I'm using my phone, not my computer...
Edit hides under “tools” on mobile devices :D;).
Just in case for next time.

Good to hear your boys are settling in so well, Stripe is my fave of the pair. Just love his random pale face decoration.

Stripe is gorgeous, that cream stripe is so random on such a pale piggy anyway, and Womble's a stunner. How is he about grooming? Better behaved than my long haired rascal I hope?

Glad to hear that you're wearing them down! :D When's the vet visit? I'm sure they'll learn that you're a nicer human than the vet :))

Glad to hear that you're wearing them down! :D When's the vet visit? I'm sure they'll learn that you're a nicer human than the vet :))
They've been the vet and unfortunately they have mites, which I suspected since they were scratching and shaking themselves sometimes.

Aw poor babies! Hopefully the treatment will kick in soon, is it visible lice?
He found one, he stuck some tape to some areas where there were flaky bits of skin. They were barely visible to the naked eye. He had to put it under the microscope to check but he found it. The wounds aren't caused by the mites but them scratching. Stripe had a scab too. They both got weighed, gender checked and some mite drops, they have to go back to see if their scabs heal, if not they might go on antibiotics.

Back