Problems with Haybox club hay and delivery

Credit to DPD (slightly). I complained via their post delivery survey and it gave me the option for a call back.

They called on time and we're apologetic for the state of my boxes. They said they'd speak to the driver (although I said I don't think he was personally at fault as I've found him to be very considerate so far). But he apparently should have declined to deliver it or checked with the sender first given the state of it.

Probably won't change much or they might be worse next time because I complained! But at least they made an attempt to listen to me.

Credit to DPD (slightly). I complained via their post delivery survey and it gave me the option for a call back.

They called on time and we're apologetic for the state of my boxes. They said they'd speak to the driver (although I said I don't think he was personally at fault as I've found him to be very considerate so far). But he apparently should have declined to deliver it or checked with the sender first given the state of it.

Probably won't change much or they might be worse next time because I complained! But at least they made an attempt to listen to me.

The customer service staff are excellent, to be fair. I've never has issues with them. The depots, though, are separate (ie, separate management, so one doesn't answer to the other) and the depots are a law unto themselves. All the complaints in the world won't change their depot culture unfortunately.

The customer service staff are excellent, to be fair. I've never has issues with them. The depots, though, are separate (ie, separate management, so one doesn't answer to the other) and the depots are a law unto themselves. All the complaints in the world won't change their depot culture unfortunately.
I highly suspect it wont come to anything. But they have the option for feedback so I thought I'd use it. If nobody said anything at all then it definitely won't change. You never know, enough complaints by enough people might end up doing something.

I feel bad for their customer service reps if I'm honest, the depots cause the trouble but it's not them dealing with the fallout. All customer service can do is send a complaint to the depot. And the depot don't care because a complaint's just another complaint.

It nearly killed me to change their hay because I know how fussy they are and scrambling for a replacement wasn't fun, but Happy Hay had ended their DHL contract and that was it. No more Happy Hay.

And DPD have the monopoly on a lot of delivery contracts, finding an alternative was difficult. But I'd still pay the extra I'm paying now to never have to deal with DPD again.

Oh dear. Given there are quite a few online hay companies as well as many equine hay suppliers, customer service really needs to be great. A shame but plenty of other suppliers who will welcome your business.

I have complained to hay box,that last box was musty smelling ,dusty.,,The company unfortunately have been less than helpful.
I will not be buying any further hay from Haybox.Disappointing customer service.
this is really surprising! i’ve always received amazing customer care and amazing hay! what was the problem?

I had the same experience with Haybox on more than one occasion and that’s it for me - I will NEVER ever buy from them again
I use the Little Hay Company who are brilliant, reliable and care about their customers and the hay is fantastic
They also do very good forage that doesn’t turn to dust !

I will try them out.i do like Orchard grass hay from the Timothy hay Co.uk.,company,always send a fresh box if I've had a problem hay and straw company have excellent customer service.Hay boxsay you should use all the hay within 16 weeks from delivery.I'm sure there hay is not cut fresh every 16 weeks.
Never mind I will not be using them again.
I rarely complain !

I will say despite all the issues I had with DPD, Happy Hay's customer service was excellent, even when they sent me a box of oat hay instead of orchard hay, lol. Replacement box was here the following day, they didn't mess around.

Sorry that people are having problems with HayBox.

I think the DPD issues can sometimes be the drivers - I’m lucky in that my regular drivers are very good and very friendly.
Fortunately I’ve always had excellent service from HayBox and only one box which was dusty and so part of it was wasted.

Back