New owner

image.webpis this right for two piggies I’ve already give pellets today so leave the pellets because I done 1 tablespoon this morning is that right

Lettuce, coriander, pepper and cucumber are safe to be fed daily.
You can give each pig one tablespoon of pellets per day - so if you’ve got two piggies then give two tablespoons per day.

Veg should amount to one cup per pig per day.
I personally dont bother chopping veg up into small pieces or I just put the lettuce leaf in whole, a slice of cucumber etc

Lettuce, coriander, pepper and cucumber are safe to be fed daily.
You can give each pig one tablespoon of pellets per day - so if you’ve got two piggies then give two tablespoons per day.

Veg should amount to one cup per pig per day.
I personally dont bother chopping veg up into small pieces or I just put the lettuce leaf in whole, a slice of cucumber etc
Thank you so two cups of vegetables for two pigs I’ve done lettuce bell pepper and cucumber today yeah so this morning I give them a tablespoon of pellets so should I now add another tablespoon to this and I just fill the cup up until it was to the top is that right thank you piggies&buns 🤍

is this perfect Ive seen this chart as well this helps me a lot is this right my guinea pigs and don’t really like cucumber and bell pepper I have give them them before so if this chart is right I can take them out and add something else instead

Attachments

• IMG_5722.webp
    IMG_5722.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5723.webp
    IMG_5723.webp
    34 KB · Views: 2
Thank you so two cups of vegetables for two pigs I’ve done lettuce bell pepper and cucumber today yeah so this morning I give them a tablespoon of pellets so should I now add another tablespoon to this and I just fill the cup up until it was to the top is that right thank you piggies&buns 🤍

If you have one tablespoon of pellets this morning, you can give one more tablespoon in the evening.
(Equally you don’t have to give pellets again in a day. Pellets don’t need to be in their diet so it’s up to you.
I only give less than a tablespoon of pellets but I only give them 2-3 times a week)

When say you filled a cup until it or at the top, do you mean for the veg?

is this perfect Ive seen this chart as well this helps me a lot is this right my guinea pigs and don’t really like cucumber and bell pepper I have give them them before so if this chart is right I can take them out and add something else instead

You can give them something else but not everything else is safe to be fed daily.
You need to watch calcium levels of the food you are giving also. So if you don’t give pepper or cucumber you cannot replace it with something else and then give that ‘something else’ every day
Kale, spinach, rocket, parsley are all too high in calcium. Spring greens - while they are safe should only be fed in a small strip once a week.
Broccoli and any brassica can cause bloat

You can add coriander in and that can be given daily.

So I got a cup and filled it with veg so I know the right measurements but is it one cup per pig and ye I understood I just don’t want them to have two items they really don’t line peppers they don’t eat them so say for example I could do lettuce cucumber and celery everyday then in Fridays I could do that but add some broccoli or kale as a treat or am I doing it all wrong I was wondering if that chart I sent was right then I could go of the cart they really hate pepper so what could I add to there instead x

How long do you leave the food in with them? Mine leave the peppers until later every time but do always eat them. They eat most of their veggies then wander off for a drink/hay/nap then after maybe an hour go back and finish what's left.

So I got a cup and filled it with veg so I know the right measurements but is it one cup per pig and ye I understood I just don’t want them to have two items they really don’t line peppers they don’t eat them so say for example I could do lettuce cucumber and celery everyday then in Fridays I could do that but add some broccoli or kale as a treat or am I doing it all wrong I was wondering if that chart I sent was right then I could go of the cart they really hate pepper so what could I add to there instead x

It is a cup of veg per pig, so you need to give two cups of veg each day.

The chart shows food they can eat but it’s not all suitable for daily.
You can add anything in place of the pepper but it should ideally be something high in vitamin c.
Lettuce, cucumber and celery stalk are low vit c foods don’t contain much vit c.
Please use our guide below to help as it gives vit c gradings

Edible And Forbidden Veg And Fruit List With Vitamin C Grading

Okay thank you very much ye they don’t really like cucumber and peppers so i do need to find two things that they probably would eat is there anything u would recommend and as well I feed them in the morning and then nights so that’s 4 times so two cups in the morning with one table spoon of pellets and the same at the night time two cups of veg and one tablespoon of pellets x

How long do you leave the food in with them? Mine leave the peppers until later every time but do always eat them. They eat most of their veggies then wander off for a drink/hay/nap then after maybe an hour go back and finish what's left.
Oh I didn’t know this I fort your supposed to take it out once they have finished or leave the bowl how long should I leave the bowl in for x

Okay thank you very much ye they don’t really like cucumber and peppers so i do need to find two things that they probably would eat is there anything u would recommend and as well I feed them in the morning and then nights so that’s 4 times so two cups in the morning with one table spoon of pellets and the same at the night time two cups of veg and one tablespoon of pellets x

Sorry no, Its one cup of veg per pig per day.

If you are choosing to feed twice a day then you give one tablespoon of pellets and one cup of veg in the morning. Then one tablespoon of pellets and one cup of veg in the evening.

I don’t personally feed like that. I feed hay in the morning. I only feed pellets 2-3 times a week but if it is a pellet day then they also get a few in the morning. Hay in the middle of the day. Then evening is their veg portion and more hay.

Oh I didn’t know this I fort your supposed to take it out once they have finished or leave the bowl how long should I leave the bowl in for x

Best not to use any bowls at all. Just throw their veg and pellets into a big pile of hay on the cage floor and let them forage for it. It keeps them
occupied for much longer and makes them think about it. Eating from a bowl is a mindless activity so doesn’t challenge them mentally.

I just throw the veg in for my piggies and it’s gone within the hour usually

Have you tried different coloured peppers?
It can make many many attempts before they choose to like something. Of course, they may just not like them!

So could I do lettuce cucumber and broccoli all week or not am so confused even tho I’ve read the diet thing am shopping now so could someone get back to me asap please I just need something else to replace the bell peppers that’s it they eat everything else lettuce and cucumber something that high in vitamin c but they can’t eat everyday x

So could I do lettuce cucumber and broccoli all week or not am so confused even tho I’ve read the diet thing am shopping now so could someone get back to me asap please I just need something else to replace the bell peppers that’s it they eat everything else lettuce and cucumber something that high in vitamin c but they can’t eat everyday x

I wouldn’t do that, it would too much broccoli.

They can have coriander every single day so definitely try to add that.

So you could do lettuce, coriander and cucumber every day and give nothing else routinely added (but you could add something else once or twice a week)

Or you could do something like lettuce, cucumber and coriander every day and add in one other item each day such as

Monday - celery (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)
Tuesday - a broccoli floret (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)
Wednesday - a green bean (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)
Thursday - a couple of leaves of spinach (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)
Friday - a broccoli floret (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)
Saturday - celery (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)
Sunday - a green bean (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)

This is just an example though.

Mine have lettuce, cucumber, coriander and pepper every day and most of the time nothing else is ever added, just those same four items every day. Sometimes though they will get a bit of broccoli or a slice of spring greens or a couple of spinach leaves, or a green bean etc etc by way of a bit of variety. It’s just what I have in the fridge at the time

I wouldn’t do that, it would too much broccoli.

They can have coriander every single day so definitely try to add that.

So you could do lettuce, coriander and cucumber every day and give nothing else routinely added (but you could add something else once or twice a week)

Or you could do something like lettuce, cucumber and coriander every day and add in one other item each day such as

Monday - celery (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)
Tuesday - a broccoli floret (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)
Wednesday - a green bean (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)
Thursday - a couple of leaves of spinach (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)
Friday - a broccoli floret (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)
Saturday - celery (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)
Sunday - a green bean (plus lettuce, coriander, cucumber)

This is just an example though.

Mine have lettuce, cucumber, coriander and pepper every day and most of the time nothing else is ever added, just those same four items every day. Sometimes though they will get a bit of broccoli or a slice of spring greens or a couple of spinach leaves, or a green bean etc etc by way of a bit of variety. It’s just what I have in the fridge at the time
Thank you so much honestly been so stressed I wanted to make sure they was eating proper they have been eating bell peppers and cucumber🫣🤣 I think they just needed to get used to it the bell peppers are always there last I don’t think there favourite but they do eat them which am glad about so I done a list just wanted to ask is this right
All week -lettuce cucumber celery red green and yellow pepper then the same all week is there anyway I could add kale or broccoli as a treat every other Friday if I have it in or not x

Hey I’ve got questions how to let my guinea pigs out the cage I do have a play pen but when they poo and pee in it they stand it it when it’s wet and it’s a night mare to clean up and I feel like it’s not big enough it was brought as a gift if I let them out downstairs they go under the couch and we can’t get them out from under there I’ve covered holes and they still get trough them I do have a walk in shower room that’s big I did move everything out and let them out in there and sat with them which is easy to clean as I just pick the poo up and rinse and clean the floor any recommendations?

IMG_5745.webpIs this good for two piggy’s

Attachments

• IMG_5746.webp
    IMG_5746.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 2
are these safe to use for my guinea pig litter tray?

Yes, I used this for a long time! I only stopped using this because it became no longer affordable.
Great product to put below piles of hay in a litter tray.

Thank you and am making a Sunday dinner today was just asking for advice am making broccoli peas carrots and white cabbage can I give my girls all these together as a guinea pig Sunday dinner🤣🙌🏼 There normal dinner has lettuce, bell, peppers, celery, and cucumber is there anything I should leave out or keep in would someone tell me what to leave in or take out please would appreciate and I think the girls would to 🤍

I think broccoli can cause bloat so I don’t feed that, carrots are high in sugar but they could have a little bit, cabbage can also cause bloat and I’m not sure about peas. Mine have dried pea flakes so I assume peas are ok.

Mine will be getting carrot peelings, a tiny bit of white cabbage and some broccoli leaves today. They don't like broccoli but eat the leaves and I'm NOT sharing my carrots. I have never tried peas. If we have cauliflower they only like the inner leaves. They enjoy parsnip peelings too.

Are the peas fresh or frozen?
If they were frozen peas they definitely cannot have them. No frozen food should ever be given to piggies.

A bit of broccoli and cabbage is fine but they both can cause bloat so don’t give them both at the same time and only give a very tiny amount of they are not used to it.

No there fresh and okay so what should I put in lettuce peas cabbage carrots and there cucumber and peppers and celery x

Hey guys, I’m just requiring I have two guinea pigs do they have one cup together or is it 2 cups for both guinea pigs? X

Back