• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Misty was at vets..

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were you, as long as hes eating I wouldnt even consider pts O0

Just keep persevering, keep syringing if you need to, and see what happens :)

Good luck Misty! Keep on pigging those lovely dinners down :smitten: :smitten:

Sooty and Brandy got the all clear. Sooty got a tiny bit cut off his teeth. Alot less than that Misty did... Vet said when they weighed Misty he was 1.1kg and in PDSA he was 1.25kg. Mum said there could be a difference in the scales because he doesn't feel asif he's lost that amount.

I've taken his pigloo out because he keeps hiding in it and now he's determined to eat his apple. He's ate a whole basil stock and 4 spinach leaves by himself earlier. Doesn't sound much but with the state the vet said his mouth is in it's good :)

We think he's been eating his hard food during the night because some of it's gone. We're really confused because last night my mum gave them all in 2 slices of apple and Misty only has 1 left. He was nibbling at a bit but none of them ever eat the skins. My mum and I both search through all his cage about 3 times each last night and stil can't find it 98) While getting his CC he ate 3 parsley stocks and some beetroot. I think he was eating basil leaves when my mum gave him CC this morning. He's stil too bright and vocal to even think about getting him PTS. Mum telling the vet tonight we're going to give him a few weeks to give him a chance because he is eating and trying to eat I think he's stil trying to get used to his teeth.

lolseh said:
We think he's been eating his hard food during the night because some of it's gone. We're really confused because last night my mum gave them all in 2 slices of apple and Misty only has 1 left. He was nibbling at a bit but none of them ever eat the skins. My mum and I both search through all his cage about 3 times each last night and stil can't find it 98) While getting his CC he ate 3 parsley stocks and some beetroot. I think he was eating basil leaves when my mum gave him CC this morning. He's stil too bright and vocal to even think about getting him PTS. Mum telling the vet tonight we're going to give him a few weeks to give him a chance because he is eating and trying to eat I think he's stil trying to get used to his teeth.

awww little trooper :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: That's excellent that he's trying, it does take them a few days to get used to their toofies being filed down... it can seem an awful long wait but you can see an improvement after 36hrs or so from past experience :)
Go Misty :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Saw a different vet tonight. He said he's had a piggie with teeth that grew right over it's tounge and after getting them fixed it survied a good few years so he wouldn't even think about putting Misty to sleep. Aslong as he's eating kale and other dark green veg it should be fine and he's to get plenty of CC. He's back in another 10 days because he'll need more surgery on his teeth in the near future but he doesn't want to stress him out by bringing him back to the vet every few days.

He's not lost anymore weight in the past few days so that's a good sign and he's been eating some more grass and a few veggies. Right now he's searching through his hard food looking for what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back