• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Misty was at vets..

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all sounding good, but I would guess he still needs to have his teeth seen to by a vet.

My pigs have always loved CC. It's great stuff.

Taking him to vets at 6.30 tonight because I'm not happy with the way his jaw is going when hes eating/syringe fed. I'll post what they say when I come back :)

He's back again tomorrow for an operation. She gave us the choice of going to the PDSA for them to do it or they can do it. Since PDSA said they can't do it I don't trust them so he's just getting it done at vets. She had a good look in his mouth and said what everyone else said about the PDSA saying the can't cut his teeth. They do piggies/rabbits teeth alot plus Buttons has had 2 ops there so I trust them. She drew us a pic of what his teeth look like. Got him some baby food and making up some CC for them to give him it after his op :)

Oh right - Good luck for him at the vets 2moz BLESS HIM :-* Keep us all informed on how it goes please - Fingers crossed for the op and all goes well ;)

good luck for tomorrow, and do let us know! HUGS for you cos i went through a similar thing on friday, i was sooooooooooo nervous! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: hugs and kisses for you and dear misty :smitten: :smitten: :-*

Bit of bad news...
He's came round from the anesthetic and all his teeth are filed but the vet said his jaw is very badly deformed she's never seen anything like it. So if he can't eat the kindest thing will be for him to be PTS :'( His teeth being trimmed might help it but they don't know. We've to pick him up at 4 and he's to go back on Friday.

awww hun, *MASSIVE HUGS*, bless him. well hopefully the teeth trimming will help, let us know. HUGGLES AND :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:D SNUGGLES

Oh, that's awful, what an horrible decision to make. Would it be worth seeing how he gets on with his deformities before coming to a decision?

We're going to see how he gets on and give him more CC. It could go either way. Before he got teeth done he was stil eating some basil and stuff like carrot if it was cut into slices and was being hand fed it. If I need to hand feed him all the time I'll just have to do that. Vet doesn't know what could have caused it. I think it could have been inexperienced breeders because the pet shop we got him from the woman takes in any baby animals from anyone... Just need to hope Sooty isn't the same because he's from the same pet shop not sure about breeder :-\

Awwww thats some sad news and I'm sure you are very sad even more - All the best for him :'(

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( poor little man, please give him lots of piggie kisses from Duke and i'd like you to give him some on his little ears and nose from me :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Oh love, i don't quite no what to say ... i feel gutted for you. I suppose all you can do is go with what they say again on friday :-\
Super hugs for you sweetie :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks everyone :) Mums just left to collect him I can't face goin down to the vet to go through everything again it will just make me more upset. I've cut up some veg into thin bits to try and get him to eat. I'll let you know how he is later.

i have just read your thread and hope everything turns out ok how old is he? :smitten:

He's about 1 1/2 I think. Maybe a bit younger not sure. Mum's just walked through the door with him. His bums all wet and covered in news paper ink.. The joy of white piggies!

He's on my knee just now and he's eating some food from my hand. Just small bits but it's better than not eating atall. His jaw keeps going funny when he's eating. Think he's in pain from the op.

awwwww love i'm hoping that he's had a good night and up and munching for you a little more in the morning :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Mum gave him 10ml CC this morning. I'm giving him some later. My dad came down and when he opened my door Misty ran like the rest of them so he's alot more alert. Then when they heard my dad talking Misty came out looking for some food so he's been given some basil and parsley and was munching at it again. His jaws are stil going not sure what he's eating just now. He was drinking from his water bottle last night he rarely does that so I was surprised. He was supposed to be kept in a quite room last night but he was the one making all the noise think he was letting the others know he was back because Sooty seemed down yesterday when he realised he wasn't here.

:smitten :smitten: :smitten: awww Misty that's great little man O0 oh dear poor little Sooty, yeah he was probably a bit lonely and was calling for his mate :-* :-* :-*
Here's hoping that Misty is on the road to recovery O0 O0 O0 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Glynis said:
Here's hoping that Misty is on the road to recovery O0 O0 O0 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
here here :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

He's been out in the run with Sooty for 1 hour and a half. He's trying to eat some food still. When he eats food of my finger I notice I can only feel his top teeth gripping to get the food. Could his bottom teeth have been cut too short?

Darn it yes that can happen, it's hard for them to get it 'right' each time :-\ :-\
If so it will mean a few days of careful feeding, the usual erm small pieces and lots of TLC and syringe foods to help supplement.
Good luck love he's out playing and enjoying himself so look at that as a positive thing O0 O0 O0
awwwwwwww Misty :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh, poor little mite! He is soooo lucky to have you looking after him so well. Keep at it. It all sounds very positive so far. Did the vet say to take him back to have the regrowth checked at all?

popper said:
Oh, poor little mite! He is soooo lucky to have you looking after him so well. Keep at it. It all sounds very positive so far. Did the vet say to take him back to have the regrowth checked at all?
He's to go back tomorrow at 6 to see if he's eating or not. Hopfully it'll be ok for now. Brandy and Sooty are at the vets tonight to get their teeth checked. Dreading taking Brandy in because he squeaks really loudly just getting his teeth looked at never mind cut ::)
He's just had more CC thats him had about 26ml of it today. Wish I had a camera when he was getting it because he smelt the beetroot and made a dive for the tub and was standing eating out if it with my mum holding it up for him :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back