Member Gallery: Hutches

The cheeky piggies of mine have been out all day whilst I done their hutch, teatime, they wandered into the shed, jumped in the new hutch and made themselves at home! :))

Reactions: Tim
The cheeky piggies of mine have been out all day whilst I done their hutch, teatime, they wandered into the shed, jumped in the new hutch and made themselves at home! :))
Bless them :)
They must be very happy piggies! :D

The ramp is brand new and goes up from right to left at the back of the hutch, the old one was left to right at the front. The old hutch had 2 day and night sections whereas the new one is one large day and night sections. You'd think they'd lived in the hutch for ever the way they're running round it! :))

Reactions: Tim
Hiya.

I thought I had a pic of mine but can't find it, so will use the stock one for now. I bought my 2 tier hutch from Bunny Business. Not being very good at diy, we called upon a friend to build it for us.

I find with a bad back it's very easy to clean.

• Hutch size: 41" width x 20" depth x 41" height external approx with a waterproof cover. 51+01KfS46L._SY400_.webp

thought id share a picture of my old done up blue hutch ;) its 4 x 2 currently not is use but might be used for my 2 girls if the weather turns bad xx
didnt think i did too bad with the paint brush :)

SAM_0714.webp

just been putting bedding etc in even if it doesn't rain for a bit u never know in england ;) i like it ready to go when needed love filling the back end with hay too a good feeling ;)

My hutch is the pets at home rose cottage!
I bought it from pets at home. It was originally £179 but I got it for £116 and paid £5 extra for woodshavings, hay, water bottle and food bowl.
It is a 5ft 2 level hutch.
I keep 2 guinea pigs in it.
It is very easy to clean as the top level has a pull out draw.
It took 45 mins roughly for 2 people to assemble it.
I would recommend it.
View attachment 28367

image.webp

This is my run for the girls and Taz :) It is pretty large and I always change the layout each clean out time! So they have different huts and toys to keep them busy. They also have 1-2 hrs playtime in my large kitchen each day to burn off steam. A533.webp 1828.webp
I switch between woodshavings and fleece, gives them a variety of textures to play with too:)

My sheds have bedrooms upstairs with sandpaper up the stairs to help keep nails trimmed. They have insulated ceiling and walls and the pigs stay warm even in sub zero temperatures. They have a mesh over the windows so air circulates but rain does not come in - in winter the windows are covered with a board at night. The sheds have tunnels to runs in the garden so they have access to fresh grass each day as the runs are moved around the garden. The flap upstairs comes down and each bedroom has a removable front so its really easy to clean. I also have wire inserts to the doors so in a heat wave I can leave the door open and get more air circulating. 20082010524 stairs each side with sandpaper for toenails.webp
WP_20140915_12_41_17_Pro.webp

Love my piggies - here's a few of them

WP_20130407_003.webp
Long haired and wild is not a good combo - I have to clip them at the rear every now and then to keep them clean and tangle free

Hope you enjoy seeing my beloved piggies xx

Looks like a interesting set up! Lots for the piggies to do, and I love their long hair:)

Reactions: PRC
Thanks for the likes for my sheds - I spent a long time deciding what to do for them and its worked really well. I am now moving to Wales with all my animals and will replicate those sheds - the only thing I will alter is to have sliding doors over the window rather than on hinges so I can let in air when its cold - just a little bit away from their bedrooms

Thought I'd post a quick pic of my shed as the boys were in a different one to begin with - and now with a third boar I have a new setup!

I originally had a dandelion den from PAH, and couldn't buy another recently when I got Chewy, so opted for the Bluebell double hutch, which I am glad I did as it's huge and gives Spud and Freckles a lot of space (though Freckles doesn't like the ramp so have ordered a fabric tunnel to see if that helps!).

So for now Chewy lives in the top and Spud and Freckles live under - during the day they are all out side by side in the runs on the grass or concrete, or chewy gets put in a run on the floor in front of the Double hutch so he can see the boys better. Hope to get Chewy a wife once he gets the snip. But for now the shed is working great and I have even started buying the odd pack of stick on tiles from Poundland to cover the floor!
new cage setup.webp
hope to get electric by winter but for now I use an extension lead the odd time but going to get a solar light to try out for the darker evenings.
the tops shed is insulated with aluminium bubble wrap to back sides bottom and top but I intend to do the lower hutch soon.
p.s. the top shed is on its own shelf so it doesn't slope and also to help hold the weight over the hutch below incase that isn't obvious :)
and the boys were out in the garden when I took this pic, hence the absence of water bottles and piggies!

What is your room divider made of. The black metal. I need something to block off a section of my conservatory so piggies can have full roam.
I am sure you will get the specific run details but folding metal runs can be bought online at places like amazon, zooplus etc - they are great as it would be easy to adapt the sections to make a screen for your conservatory. Most I have seen have been silver metal but the black one does look great! :nod:

I am sure you will get the specific run details but folding metal runs can be bought online at places like amazon, zooplus etc - they are great as it would be easy to adapt the sections to make a screen for your conservatory. Most I have seen have been silver metal but the black one does look great! :nod:
Cool. I'll check out zoo plus. Thanks

20151006_135552.webp I got my hutch from home to roost. It's a chartwell double 4 foot high by 4 foot wide and two foot deep. I also purchased the snug, rain cover, bottle snug and they did a very good starter kit too. It's a sturdy cage easy to build and easy to clean out. It came with a green coating to protect it but I also invested in some lino to cover the base. My piggies have not been using the bottom yet but they are young so giving them time to get use to it and want to explore.20151006_135605.webp this is the snug under the rain cover. The rain cover unrolls to cover the front to stop rain getting in but also allows them to see out.
20151006_135611.webp Bottle snug stops freezing

20151006_135619.webp Sorry the girls are mad at me as I'm washing their cushion that they snuggle on. It sits at the front and i pack the back with hay.

20151006_135638.webp
Currently unused base. I am being patient and also putting temting treats at the base of stairs lol any other ideas? X

Some pigs are nervous of ramps. Is there any way of making the ramp less steep, or perhaps turn it into a tunnel? :)

I can't reduce the angle but I can be able to get a tunnel x

Hiya.

I thought I had a pic of mine but can't find it, so will use the stock one for now. I bought my 2 tier hutch from Bunny Business. Not being very good at diy, we called upon a friend to build it for us.

I find with a bad back it's very easy to clean.

• Hutch size: 41" width x 20" depth x 41" height external approx with a waterproof cover. View attachment 32560
I'm getting so depressed looking at second hand ones because they all come with unwanted guineas that I have started looking at the build your own new ones. I've been looking at the Bunny Business ones - are they tough enough to use outdoors?

There is a company on Anglesey, North Wales, called The Welfare Hutch Company that make bigger than average sized hutches, well built and worth a look, they also make large outdoor runs.

Back