Member Gallery: Hutches

I just recieved my bluebell hideaway from pets at home. It is currently on offer reduced from £99 to £74 until the 21/5. I am just waiting for my fleeces to be ready before I build it and then my 2 girls can enjoy their new home. I will post pics when it is up and ready.

Well its bank holiday weekend and time to do a bit of diy, so I turned these few offcuts...
20150522_173059.webp

In to this piggy palace :)
20150524_174137.webp

Chas n Dave moved in and have disappeared for a while exploring their new property. But I can here Dave reshaping it to how he wants it! :doh:

Thanks, I want to move in myself! :))
I plan on building another one the oposite way round with the ramp on the left. Thought I'd do one for the time being to see how they get on :)

I plan on building another one the oposite way round with the ramp on the left. Thought I'd do one for the time being to see how they get on :)

Sounds brilliant. I won't show my girls otherwise they will get very jealous! :))

Reactions: Tim
I've had a couple of requests to make some more! Hmm, what kind of price shall I give it? :hmm:

Here is my new hutch made by Ryedale Hutches (RE Hutches)

It is a massive 6x2ft hutch with waterproof wooden base interior. High quality bolts, roof felt and stand. It was quite expensive but worth every penny when you look at mass produced hutches, they are no where near the quality of the RE Hutches.

Rob from Ryedale was great all the way through the ordering and building process. He delivers all his own hutches himself. He even had a massive three tier 7ft hutch on his delivery van!

Two boars living in it at the moment so plenty of room for them to annoy each other in ;o)

Last edited:
I've got no idea how much to price it. Make sure you get a fair price though because they don't look easy or quick to make!

Id love one for the girls but my diy skills are questionable :))
Would you like me to make you one?
I have a couple more ideas on paper now :)

Would you like me to make you one?
I have a couple more ideas on paper now :)

Really?! That would be great! Thank you :)

Don't rush though or anything! Only if you're planning on making more. :)

The Bluebell is what my piggles live in, great hutch really spacious. I had to put a snuggle safe plastic tube on the ramp to help them use it lol.

FB_IMG_1436201945364.webp FB_IMG_1436201938014.webp FB_IMG_1436201715513.webp FB_IMG_1436201715513.webp FB_IMG_1436201707785.webp

Been waiting a couple of weeks to get a hutch in the end my dad got me this second hand one of he's friend ☺ not sure on the size but is very sturdy and enough room for my 2 girlies. I've put a guard up at the front of the cage ( an old fire guard) so that predators are less likely to get into. Any tips on how to improve are welcome.

I couldn't open all the photos on my phone @Tim but what l could see looks fantastic!

Reactions: Tim
Back