Kelly's Cavies.

For those you that didn't follow my other thread "Boar and sow disagreeing" this is what happened with Womble and Truffle.

Pinto says it's a bum to the bars type of day. 😂
20210209_141033.jpg

I think Pinto wants to be in with Womble because she was so upset trying to get through the bars when we seperated them and she's staying close to the bars all the time now.
20210209_141301.jpg

She was like this most of today.
20210209_141854.webp

Womble's still making his squeaky wheezy breaths and it's worrying and we're medicating him every day as we should.
But he's eating like a champ. :) I did a light clean out and gave them fresh hay with some forage (treat hay) on top.
Everyone came out and gorged!

Gorging. Excuse Womble's temporary cage.

Attachments

• 20210210_152740.webp
    20210210_152740.webp
    44.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210210_152301.webp
    20210210_152301.webp
    88.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210210_152157.webp
    20210210_152157.webp
    79.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210210_152738.webp
    20210210_152738.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210210_152305.webp
    20210210_152305.webp
    70.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210210_152108.webp
    20210210_152108.webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 8
This was my hope for today, whilst, drinking green tea out of my cup. But alas stuck at the vet again. Womble started wheezing badly again.

Attachments

• 20210210_103304.webp
    20210210_103304.webp
    28 KB · Views: 7
Oh no! Hope Womble is ok 😔
Thank you. He looked like he was in really bad shape so I put him in the nebulizer... then put him in the crate to take him the vet because it sounded like he was having an asthma attack or something. But now he's just wheezing with light sqeauks. Typical. The minute we take him the vet he decides to improve. I love you Womble. Just help us to help you my lovely.

Thank you. He looked like he was in really bad shape so I put him in the nebulizer... then put him in the crate to take him the vet because it sounded like he was having an asthma attack or something. But now he's just wheezing with light sqeauks. Typical. The minute we take him the vet he decides to improve. I love you Womble. Just help us to help you my lovely.
Aw, it is typical, I think the vet will know this happens on a very regular occasion. Hope his chest settles down soon x

So he's completely fine now. No signs of wheezing at all. I took the hay box out just incase him sitting in it was making him wheeze... I have no idea what's causing it and neither does the vet. He wants him in for a chest x ray tomorrow (conscious).
And since his lungs sound perfect. Yes, not just good or well. Perfect. He wants to have a look at his abdomen and see if there's anything going on there.

He said he seems normal and his weight looks consistent. (I fed him oats to keep up his weight.) If he didn't see the videos and have me telling him about the wheezing. He'd look like a perfectly bright guinea pig.

When he was wheezing his eyes were watering as well! 😶 I feel like I'm going crazy to be honest, but my husband has heard it as well....

So he's completely fine now. No signs of wheezing at all. I took the hay box out just incase him sitting in it was making him wheeze... I have no idea what's causing it and neither does the vet. He wants him in for a chest x ray tomorrow (conscious).
And since his lungs sound perfect. Yes, not just good or well. Perfect. He wants to have a look at his abdomen and see if there's anything going on there.

He said he seems normal and his weight looks consistent. (I fed him oats to keep up his weight.) If he didn't see the videos and have me telling him about the wheezing. He'd look like a perfectly bright guinea pig.

When he was wheezing his eyes were watering as well! 😶 I feel like I'm going crazy to be honest, but my husband has heard it as well....
It’s a mystery? Could it be hay dust up his nose? Wonder if he is a bit sensitive with his eyes watering

It’s a mystery? Could it be hay dust up his nose? Wonder if he is a bit sensitive with his eyes watering
He's also been a bit of a nodder when he was younger but he did it only every so often and not as drastically as he has been lately.

It’s definitely worth a try and see how he goes. My Ginger is a little sensitive to hay dust after I’ve cleaned her out on a couple of occasions she has honked slightly but it’s gone within an hour or so.

It’s definitely worth a try and see how he goes. My Ginger is a little sensitive to hay dust after I’ve cleaned her out on a couple of occasions she has honked slightly but it’s gone within an hour or so.
I'm trying everything.

The vet took Womble in for x rays and he had a bad episode last night but he was ok this morning.

However he wouldn't stay still for the conscious x rays and he peed a little blood whilst he was there, which is new. :(

They asked if he could be sedated to have a proper look and x ray and scan him.
I was really nervous but I said yes and my husband wanted to get to the bottom of it also.

I really hope he hasn't got stones.
If he has 1 or 2. I'll get him the surgery.
If he was in the state Stripe was in. I will sadly let him go. I'm setting these boundaries now so I do not lose my head if it's upsetting news and put him through anything worse.

As you know he is my favourite and I want to think of his needs before mine.

I had a little cry before because I was so worried but I'm trying to stay optimistic.

Even just sedating him is having me worried let alone the results.

Aw, thinking of you both x Hope Womble is ok and nothing serious like stones, he is such a lovely boy. Fingers crossed for him

Ok
So we're going to pick him up shortly.
There's definitely something going on.

Under anaesthetic he had a respiratory episode and they were worried but he got better.
They gave him oxygen.
He's been doing some squeaks as he breathes in front of them which is good because we want them to see what it is, but it's intermittent, as always.
The x ray and the ultrasound scan came back clear, but there was some cloudiness around the heart which they don't know is an imaging problem or an actual issue.
They have forwarded it to the exotic vet to have a look and are recommending to send him somewhere for a CT scan.
His lungs were clear and nasal passage so they are at a bit of a loss.

They saw there was no stones in his bladder or kidneys and they're putting down the blood in his wee to stress of it all.

(They said he did a little happy wiggle when they put jelly on his abdomen for the ultrasound, strange little boy! and the vet was all "Are you enjoying this?")

all in all I have this the say: What the heck is going on?!

Bless you, I’m sure lots of us have felt like that on here at times, it’s so frustrating and stressful not knowing what’s going on! :doh:
I’m so glad he’s ok after being poorly under the anaesthetic. Sounds like your vets are great and doing the best by him, hope the exotic vets can give you more help in finding out what the problem is. Sure you can’t wait to get him home! Massive hugs x

Back