Keith is struggling - what age for a new cage mate?

We’re doing ok so far…!

We think it might be because we stuck a cardboard box in (with holes cut into it) and Kingsley decided to claim the new piece of furniture as his kingdom and it set the whole thing off.. needless to say it’s not in there now and calm still reigns..!

We’re doing ok so far…!

We think it might be because we stuck a cardboard box in (with holes cut into it) and Kingsley decided to claim the new piece of furniture as his kingdom and it set the whole thing off.. needless to say it’s not in there now and calm still reigns..!
yes, that’s probably it. We think that the change to a hutch set Bill and Ted off. I’d keep everything the same for a good while. When you clean them out, always leave a little bit of dirty hay in their cage too or a used cosy so they don’t need to go territorial

Crazy!

I generally leave one of the three shower mats in, so swap out two at a time, which seems to work.

Keith is relieved he can rest properly now, and I think Kingsley is happier knowing he doesn't have to prove anything for the moment!

We’re doing ok so far…!

Next time: always two of the same...

I have had the occasional major upset over one of my piggies becoming too possessive over a prime bit of furniture. Kingsley is likely overcompensating for his smaller size. I have seen this kind of squabbling typically with smaller (but feisty) piggies that refuse to give way to their larger companions when they really want something.

Just learning how your new boy ticks and then adjusting to it. ;)

Back