• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

impacted bum

Status
Not open for further replies.
baby-wilson said:
what exactly is an impacted bum? I'm not quite sure is all lol!
its when the poo doesnt pass through and gathers up inside the piggies bum in a kinda stinky ball that has to be got out

not a nice job trust me on that :-\

If a boar is suffering from impaction allowing a hard lump to form is very uncomfortable for the pig.I check boars with this problem several times a day,so they get no build up of faeces.Feed impacted boars with pellets from an other pig,because the pellets they reingest contain vitimin b. Mary

guineapigvet said:
If a boar is suffering from impaction allowing a hard lump to form is very uncomfortable for the pig.I check boars with this problem several times a day,so they get no build up of faeces.Feed impacted boars with pellets from an other pig,because the pellets they reingest contain vitimin b. Mary
ohh thats an idea " scuse me mr pig would you mind if i stole your poo,its for a very worthy cause" ;) hehe

guineapigvet said:

Would they actually eat another piggie's hard pellets? (I assume you mean the ones they don't eat first) If they aren't too keen (well, who would be?!) I wonder if a measured amount of Vit B complex would do the trick...will have to check that out...

I sprinkle a little ground brewers yeast on Pook's tea when he's had his bum done to replaced his vitamin B's

Hi, I'm new to the site. This is my first post, glad I have found you!

Ozzy my boy has just started with impaction, he's 3. I was reading on Peter Gurney's site that you can give them a vit B supplement called Feroglobin once a day for a week or so, does this help?
Ozzy does live with 2 other boars so maybe he will 'steal' some poop! :o

Welcome to the forum! :)

I don't give my piggy any supplement so can't help you there. My Tonni has had impaction for about 2 years now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back