Hot weather warning for the UK - Member questions and heatwave feedback

Our pigs are fine in the ground floor of our old stone house. I'm also fine down there, as it's far too hot to sleep in the bedroom upstairs! Victorians did not understand insulation. I suppose they had it in the form of suet puddings.

Crossing fingers for the forecast heavy rain all night tonight!

We are funny aren't we. Rejoicing in the rain, in a couple of months we will be complaining because it doesn't stop! :))
You were more than a little prescient with that comment, @piggieminder ! I keep saying to myself I wish we could have some dry weather, so I can cut the grass etc, and so the bees can forage. On the other hand, I am very happy to acknowledge that I would rather have this rainy weather than the awful heatwaves they have been having in southern Europe 🥵

Getting fed up with all this rain though, wish we could have some warm (not too hot) dry days. The grass is too long for the mower, the piggies have hardly been outside this year and cutting it with scissors doesn't keep up with it like piggies in the runs do. I'm hoping September is better, it usually is once the children go back to school!

totally fed up with this weather, too windy for the boat and too wet for the beach😩 the garden is overgrown and all plants have flopped over, such a pain. The piggies have hardly been in the runs this year. Could be worse I suppose with wild fires everywhere

Thankfully, it is quite a pleasant afternoon here. There was a shower around midday, but right now it is sunny with a fair breeze. Glad of that as I have to do some things outside - including burying poor old Squeaks 😪

I am so very sorry.

It should be as long as it’s wrapped in something! The liquids inside of there definitely shouldn’t be digested by piggies and the temptation to gnaw on them if left uncovered risks them getting to the contents.
Thank you so much! My friend came up with this design where the platform above my boi is a pocket with zips, now I put these ice pack or heating pad in the zipped pocket and this little mansion works like a room with air-conditioning. :love: The only problem is that my bad boys would intentionally pee and poo on the fabric...

Attachments

• 图片_20240211054512.webp
    图片_20240211054512.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 6
Back