• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Holly - bad tempered and gets a 'gummy' eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my God... trying to keep calm here, but one of my other 2 pigs has developed the same symptoms. :o Sukie (never in the most robust of health) has had weepy eyes for a few days, and I've just spotted her having a wee and squeaking/straining. I don't believe this....

At the moment Holly is on Septrin and Rimadyl, although the vet doesn't seem to really know what has caused there to be protein in the urine.

Seriously worried they have E Cuniculi, which my bunnies are battling, as it either has to be something infectious, or caused by something they've been fed etc.

Have you phoned Vedra about this? She may be able to shed some light on it? Can't they be tested to see if its EC?

It means a blood test to test for it, which my vet is normally reluctant to do on guinea pigs. I really don't want Sukie anaesthetized if possible - she is not a healthy pig, as she has a chronic breathing problem, which started after an anaesthetic. I was just reading online about E Cuniculi (although I have done many times, due to my rabbit troubles!), and some people seem to recommend treatment with Ivermectin rather than Panacur. Can't say I'm having a roaring success with the Panacur - it keeps returning. Also, it said everything has to be bleached constantly - I've been disinfecting all the bunnies' stuff, but haven't been sterilising.

Feeling a bit calmer now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back