Herbert Died.....What next for Bramble?

If you can wait, wait ideally until they come out and take food from you. Hold any hair losely from the body before you start brushing/disentangling from the hair tips so you are pulling as little as possible.

Personally, I let the hair grow long for one 'glam model' picture but otherwise keep it shorter to allow them a happy active piggy life without hair getting underfoot and plenty of matting. But each long-haired piggy is different and you have to 'learn' them and their quirks.

Love the idea of a 'glam model' picture! 😍

Leo (the long haired one) has already taken a little bit of food from me, so it looks like he is going to be the tamer one.

It is more important that your new boys settle in first, anyway. ;)
Of course! ;)

It's great watching the two new boys interacting. At first we thought it was Rusty who was the dominant one, but it's definitely Leo (the one with the mane!) and he reminds us so much of how Bramble was with his brother Bracken (who sadly passed at just six months old:(:(), it's almost identical with Leo being gently dominant with him, and Rusty making that complaining noise (not as much as Bramble did though, because Bramble is one of the most vocal pigs out of all the ones we've owned so far!). 🥰 It's so nice to have two rumblers again and it's lovely to have three pigs instead of just two🥰, although of course, we never would have wanted our two other beautiful young boys to have died, even if we did only have a pair of pigs. 😥

They are very close as well and I just hope that they will also start interacting more with Bramble soon so he's not left out. 😟 Leo did interact a bit with Bramble last night when Bramble was sat on his box eating a lettuce leaf, Leo had finished his, but then saw Bramble still had his, so started sticking his face up near Bramble, because obviously he wanted to steal Brambles' leaf but couldn't get to him through the bars, and of course that set Bramble off rumbling at him....."It's my lettuce leaf and you can't have it!"! 😂

Bramble's just been tearing around his cage and then ran into his wooden arch (which is partially covered over with a fleece cover so he can stand on it) and started head butting it like mad pushing up the fleece and making loads of noise, like he was trying to get it out of the way so he could break through the cage to get to the boys! So he does seem very happy! 🥰🤣

I don't know what Leo and Rusty make of him to be honest though, I expect they think he's a little crazy! 🤣 🤣

I LOVE Guinea Pigs, they are just the most amazing creatures! 🥰 🥰 🥰

Bramble's just been tearing around his cage and then ran into his wooden arch (which is partially covered over with a fleece cover so he can stand on it) and started head butting it like mad pushing up the fleece and making loads of noise, like he was trying to get it out of the way so he could break through the cage to get to the boys! So he does seem very happy! 🥰🤣

I don't know what Leo and Rusty make of him to be honest though, I expect they think he's a little crazy! 🤣 🤣

I LOVE Guinea Pigs, they are just the most amazing creatures! 🥰 🥰 🥰

Sounds like Bramble has had what I call a 'boarly moment'. It is always such a relief that when you see your bereaved piggies happy again. :yahoo:

It is also good to hear your new boys establishing their group in their new territory with all the rumbling, mounting and submission squealing. It means that they have got their bearings and are making themselves at home. It is Leo's job as the leader of his group to officially open diplomatic connections. I am sure that Leo and Rusty will get Bramble's number. He is just rather excited and territorial. :)

Piggies just pack so much individual personality into such a small body. That's why we are all hooked on here... despite our losses - on the bottom line our lives would be so much emptier and poorer without them.

Just enjoy watching and treasure the privilege of making that journey of discovery with your three boys.

Back