• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

help, just got home and cookie is bleeding from her thingy

• Thread starter Thread starter maisynpoppy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor little thing, does sound like Mary is right and it is a cut in such a sensitive part. Hope Cookie feels better soon. :smitten:

thank you, well shes still going vets again tomorrow just to check her reproductive system, but if thats all fine then it cant be anything else but the cut really. we definatly know there is a cut so hopefully it will clear up soon xxxxx

oh and a BIG thank you to Niki who stayed up till like 3am with me lol when i was worried, and she gave me great advice and put my mind to rest and tried to keep me calm :smitten: :-*

shes had a pain killer so hopefully shes ok, shes just sleeping at the minute but i dont want her to it scares me when they are asleep when ill :'(

Glad Mary has put your mind at rest :) Blood worries me too. Was wondering if some Bepanthen on top of Kamillosan would be a better barrier or is that dangerous in case she licks it? It doesn't 'go in' like Kamillosan does it ?

lavenderjade said:
That must be sore for her :( Hope she feels better soon :)
Ouch, was what came to my mind too :o

((((((((((((((CUDDLES))))))))))))) for Cookie and (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) for you sweetie :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Glynis :-* :-* :smitten: :smitten: thank you, shes just sleeping, shes had a long day and has another one tomorrow :(

What painkiller has she had and how much? I wouldn't think so :) If she's eating etc then she won't be in pain- pigs in a lot of pain don't eat. they're tough little cookies :)

To show you how tough (and I don't mean to pignap your thread): Artful who came in last wheek after being found running loose with other pigs, has had a broken leg at some time in his short life (2 months probably), it hasn't been treated and has healed by fusing together in a kind of 'stump'. He has no teeth problem so it looks like he has continued to eat throughout the fracture healing. He gets around fine and just uses his stump like a tail for balancing now :)

awwww poor Artful

i thought you would ask karen lmao so i bought my sheet off vet to work and she had norocarp?

if you want me to tell you everything they gave to her or did to her let me know and il pm it all to you :)

EDIT: they gave her 0.04 O0

Never used Norocarp but its an anti inflammatory painkiller. No idea on the dosage- don't have the maths skills and info to work that out LOL! :) Just make sure she still eats and I'm sure she'll be fine :) I have to say Mary's info about the blood was reassuring and you should be feeling optimistic :)

ok well shes been eating lots as usual, hasnt had many pellets but none of them do anyway. shes had veg and tons of hay plenty of water with the bio lapis too :)

I'm feeling much better now i know its probably nothing to serious from the tests which have been done and from what mary has said :) shes looking at me as if to ask what all the fuss is about ;D aslong as shes eating, drinking and alert I'm sure she will be fine :)

I'm fine thanks just tired, shes asleep on my WHITE hat on my knee, well now shes awake lol ::)

lol its a comfy hat and she was trying to sleep, its already on my top ::) i just want to get her home now, shes had lots of bio lapas (i didnt give her 'wet veg' just cucumber, in the hope she would want more to drink) and now i think she needs to be with the other 2, she hasnt seen them since 8am :(

well i took her to the vets but when ian saw her she was all healed and shes fine now no blood, shes still on bio lapis for next 2 days but thats it, all sorted, and it was free today, didnt have to pay for consultation or anything :D I'm so pleased yay all better, no more vet bills, couldnt be happier lol :smitten:

thank you so much BW, the vet said it was the cut which caused the bleeding :) just have to keep a close eye and take her back if any more bleeding :)

hello.
have just found this thread, so glad your cookie is a tough cookie. and that everything has worked out. my piggy zoe had bleeding down there and she had surgery to remove her reproductive organs and a 20 gram mass attached to the outside of her uterus. thanks to maryh and her vet our baby made it through the surgery and (touching wood) getting better each day. sending you lots of hugs and cuddles and to cookie too. get some rest ! they are wonderful on this forum, i have only found this forum about 2 weeks ago and have found everyone wonderful! love to you both from aussie land. :smitten: :smitten:

choloe said:
hello.
have just found this thread, so glad your cookie is a tough cookie. and that everything has worked out. my piggy zoe had bleeding down there and she had surgery to remove her reproductive organs and a 20 gram mass attached to the outside of her uterus. thanks to maryh and her vet our baby made it through the surgery and (touching wood) getting better each day. sending you lots of hugs and cuddles and to cookie too. get some rest ! they are wonderful on this forum, i have only found this forum about 2 weeks ago and have found everyone wonderful! love to you both from aussie land. :smitten: :smitten:

oh wow, I'm so glad you piggie is okay now, that must have been so stressful for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back