• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

help, just got home and cookie is bleeding from her thingy

• Thread starter Thread starter maisynpoppy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it is nothing too serious, sending hugs your way :smitten: :smitten:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh honey (((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

I am soooo sorry, I tried to ringt you but stupid posh boy had already deleted his calls list :'( :'( :'( :'(

I hope shes okay hun, thinking about you both :'( :'( :'(

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't forget to get your rest too! I hope she is doing better today. It must be very scary for you. Take care.

hope she is doing ok :'( poor you and cookie, hugs to you both

Kelly, only just seen this.
{{{{{{{{{{ massive hugs }}}}}}}}}}
hope Cookie gets on ok at the vets. :smitten:

Hope you are okay kels - havent heard from you today...hope you are just napping.xxxxxxx

sorry everyone ive been sleeping, i did ring the vets back at 1ish though and they said i can pick her up at 4pm so I'm just trying to get through to them now, and then will be setting off for her, i feel loads better after my sleep :smitten: cant wait to see her i hope its all good news :-\

It always amazes me how much clearer you can think when you've had some sleep,thinking of you and Cookie...hugs to you both xx

thank you everybody for your thoughts, I'm very grateful but I'm going to write down what the vet has said, so would appreciate it if only those members or mods have any info or suggestions reply back for now, then i dont have to look though, i dont want to miss anything important. thank you, i dont mind pms if you have any messages etc :)

ok well they have done tests etc and still cant find a problem, they have ruled out bladder stones, kidney infections etc it isnt a uti. they have given me some bio-lapis to add to water to see if this will clear it up, but shes going back in the morning at 9.15am for more tests. they said they will be looking at her reproductive system :-\ its not anything to do with when she wees :-\

ive just got at work but shes with me because they want her in a smaller cage on white fleece so i can check for any bleeding (so she is at work with me in nero 3) :)

thanks everyone :-*

Hi Kelly just got in from work ::)

A womb infection perhaps is all I can suggest. Bio Lapis should be syringed when and given with antibiotics. I take it she has antibiotics?

they gave her anitbiotics and pain killer :-\ yes i got brought a syringe with me and i just boiled some water so waiting for it too cool (water at work) ::)

i havent got a jug at work how much is 50ml? i completely forgot to bring one :'(

I just measured 50mls in my jug and poured it into a tea mug and it is about 1/8th of a standard sized mug :)

Kelly, might be a long winded way of doing it, but how many ml is the syringe, if it has measurements on, could you use that?

Is Cookie still bleeding? was there a lot of blood and was it brightn red or dark.If the blood is bright it is likely to be from a cut as the vet suggested. Internal blood is normally dark.

Piggies when on heat do occasionally pass a light red discharge as a one off.This is not common and the sow will often only do this just the once. It is nothing to worry about.I have had several sows over the years who have done this and lived to 6 or 7 years.

its bright pale red, she still has a bit of blood around her vagina, it isnt lots, there never was lots just enough to worry me :(

I am guessing that the vet is right and it is a cut just inside the vagina.You could try smearing some Kamilosan or Calendula cream just inside the opening as this would soothe and act as a barrier against the urine.

i have kamilosan but not calendula, i will do that when i get home.

i bathed her about a 6week ago, and it was her first bath. will it be ok to bath her again tonight? the blood has matted her hair around bum, so ive cut it and it has been washed with warm water but i think it needs a proper clean :-\

It might be better not to bath her for a few days as the shampoo may sting if she does have a cut in the vagina. Just sponge the mucky hair with some warm wate and cotton pads for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back